TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Smash 'em, Sam (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=689)
-   -   ...HardCourt II (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471366)

tRUstus Jul 7th, 2011 07:15 PM

...HardCourt II

from twitter of @sabinelisicki
Quote:

My 1st tournament on hardcourt will be in Stanford and then Carlsbad/San Diego. Playing doubles with Sam in Stanford as well. :)

Zamboni Nov 20th, 2012 02:27 PM

Re: ...HardCourt II

Volume 1

SilverPersian Nov 28th, 2012 03:12 AM

What have the mods done to out beautiful Hardcourts thread? :hysteric:

stromatolite Nov 28th, 2012 12:43 PM

It was probably not a bad idea to start a new thread anyway, but it kind of sucks that we can no longer quote anything from the old one. There were some good recent comments there that I am still mulling over. Of course I can still "quote" using copy-paste, but it's more hassle to do so.

Note to mods: in future if you think a thread is getting too long, just let us know and we'll open a new thread on our own. This was kind of abrupt.

SilverPersian Nov 29th, 2012 01:32 AM

^I kind of suspect we'll end up not using this one anyway. Someone will probably start an Australian summer thread, and then by the time of the USO series this will be at the bottom of the page and we'll have forgotten about it.

So many memories in that Hardcourts thread :hysteric:

stromatolite Nov 29th, 2012 07:52 AM

^Actually, as I remember it, we didn't intend to use the old HardCourt thread this year anyway. We (I think you in fact) made new threads for Doha/Dubai, IW/Miami, clay and grass seasons, but before we got around to starting a new thread for the American HCs people starting posting again on the old thread.

stromatolite Dec 29th, 2012 12:51 AM

Sam draws Arvidsson in Brisbane R1. Could be a lot worse:)

Not yet sure who else is in her section.

SilverPersian Dec 29th, 2012 01:16 AM

Phew. Pretty good opening round draw Sam. Hope she can play a decent match. Not really too fussed what goes on draw-wise beyond the second round at this point.

My goals for Sam this Australian Summer are:
1) Win one match at every tournament
2) Make the QFS at one tournament (preferably the AO :hearts:)

stromatolite Dec 29th, 2012 01:23 AM

^Nice modest goals.:)

At this stage I'm also tempering my expectations, and am looking at the Aussie season as a stepping stone to the non-Aussie HC tournaments, which are in turn a stepping stone to what really counts, the clay season.

So if Sam can win a few matches in Australia this year, that should give some rhythm to start the year.

SilverPersian Dec 29th, 2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stromatolite (Post 22641931)
^Nice modest goals.:)

At this stage I'm also tempering my expectations, and am looking at the Aussie season as a stepping stone to the non-Aussie HC tournaments, which are in turn a stepping stone to what really counts, the clay season.

So if Sam can win a few matches in Australia this year, that should give some rhythm to start the year.

Yeah I think it might be best to look at it as a stepping stone period. It would be good if Sam could think of it in that way as well, would probably take a load of pressure off.

And i guess a first round exit in Sydney wouldn't be disastrous necessarily, because the draws there are always brutal.

stromatolite Dec 29th, 2012 01:33 AM

Both Brisbane and Sydney are brutal tbh. Not just in terms of the number of top players in the draw, but especially in terms of the quality of the fields as a whole. The draws are like minefields.

Huntress55 Dec 29th, 2012 01:34 AM

Pretty good opening round. I'm keeping expectations pretty low though of course it'd be nice for her to do well at least one of these tournaments. :)

stromatolite Dec 29th, 2012 01:40 AM

Sam is apparently in the same quarter as Serena, the same half as Azarenka. Not such a kind draw from QF on :(

Still, if she could at least reach the QF that would be quite okay I think. Still don't know who she would play in R2 if she wins her first match.

SilverPersian Dec 29th, 2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stromatolite (Post 22642017)
Sam is apparently in the same quarter as Serena, the same half as Azarenka. Not such a kind draw from QF on :(

Still, if she could at least reach the QF that would be quite okay I think. Still don't know who she would play in R2 if she wins her first match.

:sobbing:

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Azarenka or Serena tanks or withdraws. I think Vika is playing Sydney as well, so that could potentially be four weeks worth of tennis in a row for her. She's been pretty prone to injury, and is very careful with her schedule, so there's a slight chance she might pull out.

But anyway. I'm sticking to my goals. If Sammy wins one match I'll be happy :)

stromatolite Dec 29th, 2012 01:50 AM

I'd like her to start with two wins if possible, to break last year's jinx. She won her first match then as well, but didn't win another match all month :sobbing: