TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Most fan friendly players (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471250)

Manitou Nov 17th, 2012 07:55 PM

Most fan friendly players

I am wondering about your direct observations of how players interact directly with the fans. Are they cold, are they approachable?

I have my own observations from the tournaments I attended. The players who are usually smiling to their fans when signing are Del Potro, Novak, Ana, David Ferrer, Karolina, Rafael. Simon even poses with fans for photos. I remember Del Potro practicing once when a kid shouted through security asking Delpo to come, and he came to the kid with a big smile. Very friendly to the fans are also American players: Roddick, Querrey, the Brians, Christina.
Also Marion and Angelique are very friendly. They even chat with fans when signing.
The coldest players I knew was Petra and Maria Sharapova. They were both like made of ice and they appeared to be annoyed by having to sign. Aga was not smiling either when I was asking her for a signature in Polish, but I forgive her. :) I love her anyway! :)

--

AjdeNate! Nov 17th, 2012 07:58 PM

Re: Most fan friendly players

Roddick was fan friendly only when he won. If he lost, he was a petulant child whose toys were taken from him.

Monica was always extremely obliging of time and photos.

Stonerpova Nov 17th, 2012 07:58 PM

I think Kvitova and Pova are both just shy.

I met Clijsters at Cincy a couple years ago and she was as nice as the media makes her out to be. Total sweetheart, and she made me regret all those time I rooted against her :lol:

LightWarrior Nov 17th, 2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin. (Post 22489035)
I think Kvitova and Pova are both just shy.

Since when is Pova shy ? I think she's very self-assured

matthias Nov 17th, 2012 08:07 PM

look at my signature
Petko taking pictures with Fans is GOAT
if you donīt know her you could mean iīm the celebrety and she asked for a picture with me
and she is that way with every single Fan asking for a picture

Barktra Nov 17th, 2012 08:09 PM

Petkovic is definitely

king and shvedova are very :yeah:

Big_Banana Nov 17th, 2012 08:11 PM

I shared a few words with Na this year and she's very nice, a beautiful smile :)
also when taking the photo with her. she looked surprised when I wanted to shake her hand after, she said "thank you" in exchange :spit: :hug:

Drake1980 Nov 17th, 2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthias (Post 22489055)
look at my signature
Petko taking pictures with Fans is GOAT
if you donīt know her you could mean iīm the celebrety and she asked for a picture with me
and she is that way with every single Fan asking for a picture

She is so nice! :hearts: She gave me her towel at Indian Wells! :)
Other really friendly players are:
Paszek
Lisicki
Wozniak
Huber(yes, she is really nice off court)
Hlavackova
Cetkovska
Hradecka

Barktra Nov 17th, 2012 08:13 PM

Hlacakova is really nice to

nazzac Nov 17th, 2012 08:17 PM

I would love to meet some players. Del Potro, Tsonga, and Slava especially. Next year may hopefully be my year as i'm planning on going to Wimbledon or the ATP tour finals.

I know someone who has met Tsonga, and he said that Jo was a great guy

duhcity Nov 17th, 2012 08:20 PM

Honestly, I think they're all quite friendly if they're playing well and winning.

I think you'll find most doubles players and lower ranked players to be very receptive to fans, especially those who speak their native language.
And since you mentioned guys, I saw Daniel Brands at the US Open this year, and after losing to Cilic 7-5 in the fifth, he stopped for every single autograph and picture request. Class act.

And I saw Kerber practicing on a court at the US Open this year, no one really watching her even though she was about to play Venus, people asking me who she was since I was just sitting and watching (taking a break and eating as well). And when she finished her session I got my autograph and told her I was sure she was going to beat Venus that night, and she smiled and said thank you. And then signed autographs for a bunch of little girls despite it being clear they had no idea who she was.

Stonerpova Nov 17th, 2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightWarrior (Post 22489051)
Since when is Pova shy ? I think she's very self-assured

Self assured, sure, but she seems to be someone who keeps to herself. I've heard many say she's very friendly with fans, but I also think she's all business when there's tennis involved. She doesn't seem to be as flamboyant as some of the other players, hence her smaller entourage and no-BS approach to tennis.

Jack. Nov 17th, 2012 08:49 PM

Caroline is the only player I've ever met (I was working at a golf tournament and she was there with Rory :oh: ) and she was really nice. Really smiley and signed an autograph for me. :D

moodin0931 Nov 17th, 2012 08:52 PM

I met Oudin and she was the sweetest girl :) She looked like she was in a hurry but she still stopped and took a picture and me and initiated a conversation. I was telling her all about how much I love her and her game and she was all smiles saying thank you and aww. :hug: :D

@danieln1 Nov 17th, 2012 08:54 PM

Ivanovic.