TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Peak Venus VS Peak Maria (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471200)

Joe. Nov 16th, 2012 04:46 PM

Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

Thought I'd join the 'Peak' hype.

I actually think Maria wins this one....

DeucesAreWild Nov 16th, 2012 04:53 PM

Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

I love Maria & Venus.

It's obviously Venus. At her best her serve is better, her backhand is better, she's better in both offensive and defensive play, she's better at the net, and her movement is better. I think the only check I'd give Maria is the forehand. She is more consistent, but Venus' is still lethal.

Uranium Nov 16th, 2012 04:53 PM

LOL. Venus.

In The Zone Nov 16th, 2012 04:54 PM

Lol .... not even close. Venus wins easy. Wimbledon 2005 was pretty close to what we'll get.

hBence Nov 16th, 2012 04:54 PM

definitely Venus.
6-2 6-2 or something like that

Queen_Vee_92 Nov 16th, 2012 04:58 PM

Venus.

She'd be consistently be able to do exactly what Rena and Vika are doing to her today.

Expose her movement and force her to go for too much through being an exceptional mover and first strike player.

i.will2 Nov 16th, 2012 04:59 PM

If you say Sharapova you are either naive or delusional she wouldn't touch Peak Venus.

Kasey Nov 16th, 2012 05:54 PM

LOL, Venus would smack Martha leaving her in teras and getting an attack of hysteria because of being bagelled.

NashaMasha Nov 16th, 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 (Post 22484677)
Venus.

She'd be consistently be able to do exactly what Rena and Vika are doing to her today.

Expose her movement and force her to go for too much through being an exceptional mover and first strike player.

Venus is 1-3 on HC with only win over aftersurgery Pova.....

except grass Venus vs Masha = 50/50

PetraReeMona Nov 16th, 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NashaMasha (Post 22484921)

If it's aftersurgery Pova, then all of Masha's win were Sjogren's Syndrome Venus.

Two can play at that game :D

You lost all your credibility in that Peak Maria -v- Peak Serena thread :sad:

danieln1 Nov 16th, 2012 06:19 PM

WTF??????

Venus 6-1 6-4 everywhere

i.will2 Nov 16th, 2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NashaMasha (Post 22484921)

YOu're not seriously about to argue against "PEAK" Venus being being better than Sharapova are you??

Seriously thanks for the bad rep BUT when you're wrong you're wrong just face facts. Maria is good but Venus is better period.

Stonerpova Nov 16th, 2012 06:26 PM

Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match as we've gotten from the pair of them. Maria hit the ball so cleanly and served well and still lost in straights. Venus moves too well.

NashaMasha Nov 16th, 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty (Post 22484989)
If it's aftersurgery Pova, then all of Masha's win were Sjogren's Syndrome Venus.

Two can play at that game :D

You lost all your credibility in that Peak Maria -v- Peak Serena thread :sad:

you lost your credibility when became I.Hate.Sharapova , at the same time pretending to be I.luv.Kvitova/Azarenka/Radwanska etc

Venus second serve still is her main weakness, that's why she is not Serena in achievements and everywhere except grass she is not better that her main competitors including Sharapova

Quote:

Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match
Peak Venus will beat anyone on grass, including her sister .... at the same time Peak Venus will lose even to no peak players at AO and RG

i.will2 Nov 16th, 2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin. (Post 22485053)
Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match as we've gotten from the pair of them. Maria hit the ball so cleanly and served well and still lost in straights. Venus moves too well.

Exactly Venus would run down everything on whatever surface and frustrate Maria. The funny part is though Venus would rarely be on the defensive in this matchup. Playing her best she has too many options. She can finish points from the baseline or at the net. Maria has no Plan B or backup game, if she can't hit you off the court she's not going to win. Let Sharapova attempt to come in to net against Venus and see how often she gets passed.