TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470228)

ozfan44 Oct 25th, 2012 06:19 AM

December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Thread for all our wildcard discussions, entry updates and results for the aussie summer of tennis!!

ozfan44 Oct 25th, 2012 06:24 AM

Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

2013 Summer WTA/Australian Open Wildcards / Entry Updates - As of 25th October 2012

Hopman Cup - Barty

Brisbane (Main Draw Rankings - Nov 19th, Qualifying Ranking - Dec 10)

Main Draw Direct - Stosur
Main Draw Wildcards (2) - Gajdosova

Qualifying Direct - Rogowska

Qualifying Wildcards (4) -
Qualifying Alternates - Jones (3 Out), Adamczak (4 Out), Bobusic (13 Out), Peers (15 Out)

Auckland

Qualifying Direct - An. Rodionova
Qualifying Alternates - Ar. Rodionova (9), Wlodarczak (12), Bengson (13)

Sydney (Main Draw Rankings - November 26th, Qualifying Rankings Dec 17th)

Main Draw Direct - Stosur
Main Draw Wildcards (2) -

Qualifying Direct - Dellacqua
Qualifying Wildcards (6) -
Qualifying Alternates -

Hobart

Main Draw Wildcards (2/3) -
Main Draw Alternates -

Qualifying Direct - Dellacqua, Rogowska
Qualifying Wildcards (4) -
Qualifying Alternates -

Australian Open (Main Draw Rankings - Dec 3, Qualifying Rankings - Dec 17th)

Main Draw Direct - Stosur, Dellacqua
Main Draw Wildcards (5) - Bobusic
Main Draw Alternates - Rogowska (8 Out)

Qualifying Direct - Rogowska, An. Rodionova, Jones, Gajdosova, Adamczak, Barty

Qualifying Wildcards (7/8) - Myers

Qualifying Alternates - Ar. Rodionova (25 Out - approx)

Invisible Fan Oct 25th, 2012 07:58 AM

Hopefully Ash Barty and Sacha Jones can get some notable wins early next year :D

petey_pan Oct 25th, 2012 09:21 AM

Nice work :yeah:

louloubelle Oct 26th, 2012 08:57 PM

So the playoff is a knock-out this year. The men's moved to that system last year. After a long season I think the likes of Rogowska, Adamczak etc.... will appreciate the shorter (though more cut throat) system.

Dani12 Oct 27th, 2012 12:39 AM

That's good to hear. Are they going to increase the size as well or just leave it at 16? In my opinion they should have a 24 player draw and give the seeds a bye, the seeds are going to be the tired ones and the lower ranked players are going to be the ones wanting extra matches.

petey_pan Oct 27th, 2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani12 (Post 22387592)
That's good to hear. Are they going to increase the size as well or just leave it at 16? In my opinion they should have a 24 player draw and give the seeds a bye, the seeds are going to be the tired ones and the lower ranked players are going to be the ones wanting extra matches.

That's a great point. Bet they don't do it though.

TS Oct 27th, 2012 04:40 AM

Glad they've gone to a knock out format again :)

ozfan44 Oct 27th, 2012 05:26 AM

16 Draw for this year...Im also a fan of the knockout format....while the rr matches are good for the lower ranked players, we need our players in the right mindset, lose and your out, there is no second chance on the itf/wta tour each week...you have to bring your game to every match... if more of these girls want extra match practice they can easily play the platinum amt held straight after the playoffs...

Kəv. Oct 27th, 2012 10:49 AM

I think the WCs for AO would be pretty simple this year.

WC -Playoff Winner (My bet, Barty)
Jones
Gajdosova
Rodionova
And a random one (I bet Adamczak)
French WC
American WC

Sam21 Oct 27th, 2012 11:43 AM

good work ozfan, the summer entries thread was pretty handy for the start of this year :)

don't forget about the annual Dokic comeback, i reckon she might get a sneaky wildcard ahead of Rodionova. my other picks would be Barty, Rogowska (if she needs one), Jones and Gajdosova.

petey_pan Oct 27th, 2012 12:00 PM

I dunno if they'll give Rodi one?? Don't think she's ever needed one before has she? She should get one, I just have a feeling they'll snub her.

jack21 Oct 27th, 2012 01:09 PM

Should be some pretty interesting competition for WC's next year. Lots of unknowns to consider such as whether or not Liv will get DE, a potential Dokic reapearance, slumping players such as Rodi and Jarka making their comebacks. Jones and Barty are the only sure things IMO.

I wonder if TA will force all the players to play the playoff? Is there a hard and fast rule about this? Can't really see Jarka and Rodi being too keen to play it.

DokDi Oct 27th, 2012 08:49 PM

People who think the likes of Rodionova, Jones and others will get a wildcard over Dokic. :spit:

After Sam Stosur Jelena is the one who brings most crowd and interest, by far.
Dream on...:bigwave:

scottsue Oct 27th, 2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack21 (Post 22389101)
Should be some pretty interesting competition for WC's next year. Lots of unknowns to consider such as whether or not Liv will get DE, a potential Dokic reapearance, slumping players such as Rodi and Jarka making their comebacks. Jones and Barty are the only sure things IMO.

I wonder if TA will force all the players to play the playoff? Is there a hard and fast rule about this? Can't really see Jarka and Rodi being too keen to play it.

i had forgotten about Dokic but you are right she will definitely be right up there in the selectors eyes.This is probably her last chance and the selectors would be well aware of that too.