TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   College tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1019)
-   -   2012 Regionals (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469451)

fantic Oct 10th, 2012 06:38 AM

2012 Regionals
 
Mountain Regional starts tomorrow, so thought a thread would be appropriate.

ITA WEBSITE

UNLV website

Embittered Oct 10th, 2012 06:30 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sE (Post 21077971)
Gouci: Nelly Ciolkowski is graduating this May and will seek to play her senior year at another university as a graduate student. If an athlete graduates and still has eligibility left, they can transfer if their new school offers a graduate degree that their old school does not.

http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/2012...ngles+Draw.pdf

Nelly Ciolkowski, NYIT

CTSEMT Oct 12th, 2012 09:01 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fantic (Post 22302911)
Mountain Regional starts tomorrow, so thought a thread would be appropriate.

ITA WEBSITE

UNLV website

Only one round of singles completed after 2 days with a 128 draw? Yikes. Well, maybe if Batta-Josifoska contest the final as expected, there is still some chance for the other schools to leave on time. Really bad for BYU especially since they refuse to play on Sundays.

fantic Oct 17th, 2012 03:33 AM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
SW R draw is out;

link

CTSEMT Oct 17th, 2012 02:41 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Carolina regional @ Wake with live scoring :hearts:

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...nships-12.html

QD and Doubles are out now (MD Thurs after Qual is completed).

CTSEMT Oct 17th, 2012 09:50 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Purdue regional draws: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...onal_Draws.pdf

Illinois tournament central (QD only so far): http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...nal-2012.html#

CTSEMT Oct 18th, 2012 02:53 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
From Stanford release:

WOMEN'S TEAM

For the sixth straight season, Taube Family Tennis Stadium will serve as the host site for the women's tournament.

Participating in the singles draw for Stanford are Kristie Ahn, Natalie Dillon, Nicole Gibbs, Krista Hardebeck, Lindsey Kostas, Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay.

The Cardinal will be represented in doubles with teams of Tan/Tsay and Dillon/Hardebeck.

Gibbs is looking to defend her crown after defeating Mallory Burdette 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3) in last year's final. A three-time All-American, Gibbs is coming off one of the best seasons in school history, becoming only the third player in NCAA history to capture both the NCAA singles and doubles titles in the same season. Stanford's first NCAA singles champion since Amber Liu in 2004, Gibbs has produced an 87-11 overall record and 48-2 mark in dual match play.

The tandem of Tan and Tsay will be seeking its second straight doubles crown, defeating Sacramento State's Clarisse Baca and Maria Meliuk 8-4 in last year's match.

CTSEMT Oct 18th, 2012 10:32 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Texas regional hosted by BU: http://texas.tournaments.usta.com/To....aspx?T=130588

CTSEMT Oct 18th, 2012 11:00 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Illinois doubles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ubles_Draw.pdf

Shocking that UM's Bektas & Bolender have split. I thought they were certainly one of the favorites to win Indoors.

fantic Oct 18th, 2012 11:34 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTSEMT (Post 22342077)
Illinois doubles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ubles_Draw.pdf

Shocking that UM's Bektas & Bolender have split. I thought they were certainly one of the favorites to win Indoors.

UCLA also split all of their teams :lol:

fantic Oct 18th, 2012 11:36 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTSEMT (Post 22339225)
From Stanford release:

WOMEN'S TEAM

For the sixth straight season, Taube Family Tennis Stadium will serve as the host site for the women's tournament.

Participating in the singles draw for Stanford are Kristie Ahn, Natalie Dillon, Nicole Gibbs, Krista Hardebeck, Lindsey Kostas, Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay.

The Cardinal will be represented in doubles with teams of Tan/Tsay and Dillon/Hardebeck.

Gibbs is looking to defend her crown after defeating Mallory Burdette 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3) in last year's final. A three-time All-American, Gibbs is coming off one of the best seasons in school history, becoming only the third player in NCAA history to capture both the NCAA singles and doubles titles in the same season. Stanford's first NCAA singles champion since Amber Liu in 2004, Gibbs has produced an 87-11 overall record and 48-2 mark in dual match play.

The tandem of Tan and Tsay will be seeking its second straight doubles crown, defeating Sacramento State's Clarisse Baca and Maria Meliuk 8-4 in last year's match.

Gibbsy is not playing dbls? She's such a good dbls player it would be a waste if she doesn't play..?

CTSEMT Oct 19th, 2012 02:17 AM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Southeast regional draws: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205715730

Um...only 4 seeds in a 64 singles draw? It's not like there is a shortage of ranked players in the region.

Yet still there are not many interesting early round matchups. Maybe [3]Vasenina-Janowicz in Round 2...

CTSEMT Oct 19th, 2012 02:25 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Central regional @ Tulsa: http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports...entral-12.html

CTSEMT Oct 19th, 2012 03:03 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
Stanford regional: http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournamen....aspx?T=133101

Pretty unbalanced draw IMHO. Gibbs-Ahn could meet in the QF; so could Susanyi-Hardebeck.

CTSEMT Oct 19th, 2012 09:34 PM

Re: 2012 Regionals
 
From Carolina regional:

No. 1 seed Joelle Kissell (NCSU) goes down 6-4, 6-2 to UNC freshman Ashley Dai in the first round

UNC is going to be so deep this season. Hard to even guess how their lineup might look.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.