TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you.. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469178)

Setsuna. Oct 4th, 2012 11:58 AM

You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

There is a similar thread on MTF. I didn't find a similar thread on TF when I searched so I decided to create this thread.

Ok, I will start.

- When you remember Wozinacki whenever you see the word "Push".
- When you skip very important lessons just because you want to see your fave play aqainst unknown scrub in a 1st round of any tournement.
- Staying awake during the AO so you won't miss anything of it or reorganize your daily schedule before the AO.
- When you meet someone who isn't a really tennis fan but when he/she just mentions a name of a famous tennis player, then you immediately start talking with him/her about your fav players, their play style, how awesome your fav players are and how much you love tennis in general and he/she is like "WTF is wrong with this guy".
- When you praying very hard that your fav doesn't get crushed by Serena Williams whenever your fav plays her.
- When you refuse to go out with your friends because you want to watch a Radwanska/Wozniacki match.
- When your brother/sister (who likes another sport) say something negative about tennis while you are watching your fav player losing, you get mad as hell and start explaning to him/her why their fav sport is so shit compared to tennis.

Kəv. Oct 4th, 2012 12:00 PM

Re: You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

See and spell George as Goerges now :tape:

See 'TF' and think of TF :facepalm:

Pops Maellard Oct 4th, 2012 12:01 PM

- You can't see the word 'Simon' without thinking of the French pronounciation (well, this applies in some parts of the world where Simon is pronounced like "Sye-mon" :oh:).

Olórin Oct 4th, 2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanda. (Post 22277342)
- When you refuse to go out with your friends because you want to watch a Radwanska/Wozniacki match.

I can safely this has never, nor will ever happen. :spit:
But yeah, pretty much everything else.

Mikey. Oct 4th, 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanda. (Post 22277342)
- When you skip a very important lessons just because you want to see your fave play aqainst unknown scrub in a 1st round of any tournament.

These are me.

Setsuna. Oct 4th, 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hindrance. (Post 22277343)
See and spell George as Goerges now :tape:

See 'TF' and think of TF :facepalm:

That's what happened to me too. :lol: The second one is true about almost every TF member I guess.

Andiyan Oct 4th, 2012 12:15 PM

- When you keep renewing your current TF page just to check if anything new has been posted. (Or actually it might already be an obsession when you log on to TF daily....)

Setsuna. Oct 4th, 2012 12:19 PM

- When you watch almost EVERY video of your fav players on youtube.

Melange Oct 4th, 2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andiyan (Post 22277374)
- When you keep renewing your current TF page just to check if anything new has been posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanda. (Post 22277386)
- When you watch almost EVERY video of your fav players on youtube.

:wavey:

Jimmie48 Oct 4th, 2012 12:42 PM

- When you stay up until 6am in the morning during a rain delay waiting for play to be cancelled, dead tired but afraid that play could resume and you would miss it
- When upstairs neighbors get pissy about your middle of the night shouting and think you want to wind them up if you tell them it's because of a women's tennis match

Pops Maellard Oct 4th, 2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmie48 (Post 22277439)
- When you stay up until 6am in the morning during a rain delay waiting for play to be cancelled, dead tired but afraid that play could resume and you would miss it

That's more like batshit insane tennis fan :D. I think I stayed up till 4am waiting to watch a Verdasc:o match once.

Hashim. Oct 4th, 2012 12:45 PM

When you use all your phone balance checking live scores.

Iceland Oct 4th, 2012 12:47 PM

When you find yourself excited on a Thursday evening because ITF releases entry lists for the next tournaments.

binky-GOAT Oct 4th, 2012 01:14 PM

These are so funny :lol: (because they're all true :sad:)

nevetssllim Oct 4th, 2012 01:16 PM

*When your cover photo and profile photo on Facebook are both tennis related.
*When virtually all of your holidays/trips involve travelling to tennis tournaments.
*You're jealous a parent shares the same birthday as your favourite tennis player. :p
*You find yourself checking tennis scores at parties and on nights out regardless of how strange and anti-social it might seem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceland (Post 22277462)
When you find yourself excited on a Thursday evening because ITF releases entry lists for the next tournaments.

This, too. :tape: I've actually been half-looking forward to next week for quite a while for the Barnstaple entry-lists.