TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469126)

tennis-insomniac Oct 3rd, 2012 04:58 AM

Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
yeah, feel so sad for the wife and the kids, but the guy was mentally ill in the first place, maybe there are other reasons other than the election. IMO, the police should investigate more to find out if there are other motifs in the crime. Nevertheless, I bet the media will jump to this news like a piranha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-election.html
Quote:

Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed.

A confidante of the family for the past 25 years has spoken to MailOnline about the strength and grace of the Peterson family, as well as the torment that plagued Albert which drove him to shoot dead his wife Kathleen and his two sons Christopher and Mathew at their suburban home in DC on Sunday.

A history of mental illness, the loss of a dear uncle, and a growing fear of Obama winning a second term in the White House took its toll on the mind of Mr Peterson, a wealthy defense contractor, the friend said.

Mr Peterson's life was punctuated by bouts of paranoia that became so severe
, he wallowed in his depression, gained weight, and contemplated taking his own life.

In one dark episode, after his mother died five years ago, his wife had to pull him from the brink of suicide.

Police have confirmed Mr Peterson's feelings toward politics were unusually passionate, but declined to speculate what precipitated the tragedy.

'We don’t know the motive in this tragic case,' Lucy Caldwell of the Fairfax Police Department said.

'We are aware that the father had strong political opinions but cannot speculate as to how those opinions related to this case. We will, most likely, never know exactly why this occurred.'



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz28CmoiER5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Also, credit to the youtube blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQro...eature=g-all-u

tennisbum79 Oct 3rd, 2012 05:13 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
I agree with the woman who posted the video.

This guy kills himself because of mental illness and financial pressure from being laid off.

It is said in the article that he is a tormented man.

NO, do not blame Obama for this.

Clay Death Oct 3rd, 2012 05:40 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
tragic. he could have spared the sons and the wife.

JN Oct 3rd, 2012 06:21 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbum79 (Post 22272051)
I agree with the woman who posted the video.

This guy kills himself because of mental illness and financial pressure from being laid off.

It is said in the article that he is a tormented man.

NO, do not blame Obama for this.

How could President Obama realistically be blamed for this? :confused: If anyone deserves blame it's the rabid right wing media machine led by Fox "News" and Rush Limbaugh for the reckless lies and skewed messaging they disseminate 24/7.

Sammo Oct 3rd, 2012 01:56 PM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
More like Virginia man kills himself and family because of being fucking nuts.

pov Oct 3rd, 2012 08:08 PM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
IMO the sleaze media knows that people are suckers. What else can explain leading off with "Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed" and then following with what the quote from the" friend" which is totally different.

Quote:

A history of mental illness, the loss of a dear uncle, and a growing fear of Obama winning a second term in the White House took its toll on the mind of Mr Peterson, a wealthy defense contractor, the friend said.

edificio Oct 3rd, 2012 08:12 PM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
This man was straight-up mentally ill. So sad for his family, but no need to create conspiracies. Also, maybe the Daily Fail shouldn't be a go-to source.

JN Oct 3rd, 2012 08:28 PM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pov (Post 22274944)
IMO the sleaze media knows that people are suckers. What else can explain leading off with "Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed" and then following with what the quote from the" friend" which is totally different.

I really hope you have a seat on the first trip to colonize the moon, because there seems to be nothing on this Earth that you don't have a problem with. :help:

jimskeuh Oct 4th, 2012 12:26 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
so sad to hear. The man was clearly not well.

Ferg Oct 4th, 2012 12:32 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Daily Mail? Nuff said. Worst rag out there.

Dominic Oct 4th, 2012 02:18 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
wow that is sooo sad

Mary Cherry. Oct 4th, 2012 03:25 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay Death (Post 22272090)
tragic. he could have spared the sons and the wife.

The whole notion of suicide is notoriously selfish.

wta_zuperfann Oct 4th, 2012 03:27 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac (Post 22272030)
yeah, feel so sad for the wife and the kids, but the guy was mentally ill in the first place, maybe there are other reasons other than the election. IMO, the police should investigate more to find out if there are other motifs in the crime. Nevertheless, I bet the media will jump to this news like a piranha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-election.html



Also, credit to the youtube blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQro...eature=g-all-u



Such a shame that these right wingers can be so crazy as to do something terrible like that.

saint2 Oct 4th, 2012 11:32 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Mental illness doesn't have political affiliation

Rocketta Oct 5th, 2012 05:37 AM

Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint2 (Post 22277057)
Mental illness doesn't have political affiliation

^ Too True!

Also, suicide can seem selfish, ie the act can seem selfish BUT research shows the reason a lot of people kill themselves is because they feel they are a burden on their family.... in their warped mind a lot of them feel they are doing it for the love of their family not themselves. I use to think it was selfish too....... that was until pregnancy induced Major Depression. I can honestly say for some it has absolutely NOTHING to do with self absorption or selfishness. Everyone goes through depression every now and again. Please don't confuse 'situational' depression which almost everyone suffers from at some point in their life and 'clinical' depression. They are not the same animal.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.