TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Scandal: Season 4!! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469024)

doni1212 Sep 30th, 2012 07:37 PM

Scandal: Season 4!!

So I just watched season 1 of Scandal this weekend and watched the premiere episode of season 2 today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :hearts:

Here's something I posted in Serena Slam and wanted to get some thoughts on here:
I live for Olivia and the President scenes. They are soooooo in love! My favorite scene was when they cuddled on the couch for "one minute". I want them to be together but he's married with children and has been since they met!! How do you justify that? They genuinely fell in love before even kissing, having sex, etc. It's not like they could help their emotions. I usually mean mug all home-wreckers but this show has showed me that sometimes it's beyond anyone's control. Especially when a marriage is already suffering. What do you guys think? I don't know how to feel about this. I'm so torn!

Sammo Sep 30th, 2012 07:45 PM

Re: Scandal: Season 2

I saw one episode and I honestly thought it would be a... darker, more serious show. The only character I like from that show is Olivia herself.

Pump-it-UP Sep 30th, 2012 07:59 PM

Flawless show. I'm still pissed that they killed off Gideon. :tears:

Even though I hate her, Mellie's character is probably the best thing about this show. I'm convinced that she's lying about her pregnancy and is carrying Cyrus' child. :o:devil:

Barktra Sep 30th, 2012 08:04 PM

I always thought they made this because of Revenge's success :lol:

I do like the show though :yeah:

Sir Stefwhit Sep 30th, 2012 08:11 PM

I don't watch Scandal but I follow tv ratings and all u fans of the show might want to start worrying this will be it's last season. In the ever important demo (where the money comes from), they only managed a 2.1. On the positive side they are extremely stable, which means they have a very loyal core audience, but what's troubling is that the show is not even managing to hold onto half of the audience that Grey's Anatomy has.

If the ratings don't pick up it will 100% not keep that time slot it's too valuable considering what the lead in show ratings are, but it might just mean a move to a slot in a less than desirable time slot- they might not give up on the show since it's ratings are very stable.

brickhousesupporter Sep 30th, 2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cswab22 (Post 22262574)
I always thought they made this because of Revenge's success :lol:

I do like the show though :yeah:

I too look at the ratings.....is Revenge considered a success?

Barktra Sep 30th, 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter (Post 22262694)

I mean it isn't a big of a success as Grey Anatomy's. I think I heard something that revenge had the highest ratings for a one hour tv show on abc since lost :shrug:

Sir Stefwhit Sep 30th, 2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter (Post 22262694)

Revenge hasn't aired a new episode- the premier is tonight. The Revenge episode that came on earlier in the week was a recap episode. So we will find out tonight...stay tuned

You might be getting that confused with Last Resort. That came on before Grey's and it had a lot of viewers but just too many old people...that could potentially be a problem for that show.

starin Sep 30th, 2012 09:54 PM

The show is so good, I don't know why it isn't a runaway success.

doni1212 Oct 1st, 2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit (Post 22262592)
I don't watch Scandal but I follow tv ratings and all u fans of the show might want to start worrying this will be it's last season. In the ever important demo (where the money comes from), they only managed a 2.1. On the positive side they are extremely stable, which means they have a very loyal core audience, but what's troubling is that the show is not even managing to hold onto half of the audience that Grey's Anatomy has.

If the ratings don't pick up it will 100% not keep that time slot it's too valuable considering what the lead in show ratings are, but it might just mean a move to a slot in a less than desirable time slot- they might not give up on the show since it's ratings are very stable.

Yeah, that makes me nervous. I thought it would do a lot better than last year because I personally know a lot of people (including myself) who got into it this summer after it aired. And soon they're going to have to decide whether to order more episodes for this season or not. As of right now, season 2 is only supposed to be 13 episodes...:unsure: :scared:

Pump-it-UP Oct 1st, 2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doni1212 (Post 22263598)
Yeah, that makes me nervous. I thought it would do a lot better than last year because I personally know a lot of people (including myself) who got into it this summer after it aired. And soon they're going to have to decide whether to order more episodes for this season or not. As of right now, season 2 is only supposed to be 13 episodes...:unsure: :scared:

Shonda doesn't want it to be a full season so I don't think they'll be ordering more episodes. :o The ratings are still quite good though so I don't think we should worry about a cancellation.

doni1212 Oct 1st, 2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP (Post 22263600)
Shonda doesn't want it to be a full season so I don't think they'll be ordering more episodes. :o The ratings are still quite good though so I don't think we should worry about a cancellation.

Ugh! I guess I can work with that then. Mad Men and Breaking Bad both have about 13 episodes a season.

Gdsimmons Oct 1st, 2012 07:56 AM

Before this show premiered I had doubts. Well all my doubts went out the window from the very first episode. I think the acting on this show is out of this world. I mean Olivia and The Prez had so many scenes were the spoke no words and you still knew all the emotions that they were feeling. I think this show is great.

I still wanna know who the hell is Quinn/Lindsay. Why did they help her?

MrProdigy555 Oct 1st, 2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdsimmons (Post 22263907)
Before this show premiered I had doubts. Well all my doubts went out the window from the very first episode. I think the acting on this show is out of this world. I mean Olivia and The Prez had so many scenes were the spoke no words and you still knew all the emotions that they were feeling. I think this show is great.

I still wanna know who the hell is Quinn/Lindsay. Why did they help her?

I just watched the premiere episode.

OMG. My heart breaks every time Olivia and the Pres communicate with each other. I get my life, then I die. It's always so tough for the both of them.

I love the redheaded female character. Quinn...who.is.she.and.why.has.olivia.been.involve d.from.the.very.beginning?!

I got so much life when the Pres. read Mellie all of her rights. He was so vicious in his read *too bad he apologized. I enjoy seeing her unhappy. :lol:

doni1212 Oct 19th, 2012 03:14 AM

Ok, Scandal just started and I already love this episode!