Tennis Forum banner

Tokyo R2: Martic d. Kvitova 6-4 6-4

9K views 99 replies 83 participants last post by  young_gunner913 
#1 · (Edited)
Petra please play Linz so you can save your ranking :eek: SF points :wavey: if Petra keeps being lazy and not trying to improve fitness than she better not except much more than this. Wasting talent :eek:

Martic :yeah: I think this is the first time she has won back to back matches since the French, I might be wrong on that.

#4 ·
Kvitty :oh: :(

Martic ;) :cheer:

Kvitova cant play Linz as Vika is there

#6 ·
:happy: WTF

#14 ·
Kvitova getting her geography wrong this year- thought Asia was US and vice versa

#19 · (Edited)
Obviously, I didn't see this match. I just followed it on Livescore.

Both players served horrendously (lot of breaks, especially with two players with good serves-in Martic's case a 1st serve), and were putrid on BP's. There were so many chances for Petra K, that she didn't take advantage of.

What the hell was Petra K doing all that time in Czech Republic? She just couldn't seem to get anything going. There appeared to be no rhythm in this match. Every time she had a chance to make her move (even on Martic 2nd serves), she stuttered and couldn't carry any momentum. And when Martic needed to finally hold on at the end, she did. Good for her!

I know Martic is a talented, potentially dangerous player-who I like. However, this was a ridiculous loss for Petra K. Just no preparation, game, brain or guts?

However, congrats to Martic. And the Seattle Seahawks, just won a game on a last second Hail Mary TD-grabbed apparently by the opposing Green Bay Player. However, the play, TD and win was awarded to Seattle. Go figure.

Maybe the craziest play and ending you've ever seen on an American Football field.

I guess like with Petra K (and singer Monica), it was "just one of those days" and nights. SMH :shrug: :facepalm: :shrug:

#36 ·
Obviously, I didn't see this match. I just followed it on Livescore.

Both players served horrendously (lot of breaks, especially with two players with good serves-in Martic's case a 1st serve), and were putrid on BP's. There were so many chances for Petra K, that she didn't take advantage of.

What the hell was Petra K doing all that time in Czech Republic? She just couldn't seem to get anything going. There appeared to be no rhythm in this match. Every time she had a chance to make her move (even on Martic 2nd serves), she stuttered and couldn't carry any momentum. And when Martic needed to finally hold on at the end, she did. Good for her!

I know Martic is a talented, potentially dangerous player-who I like. However, this was a ridiculous loss for Petra K. Just no preparation, game, brain or guts?

However, congrats to Martic. And the Seattle Seahawks, just won a game on a last second Hail Mary TD-grabbed apparently by the opposing Green Bay Player. However, the play, TD and win was awarded to Seattle. Go figure.

Maybe the craziest play and ending you've ever seen on an American Football field.
Thats what happens when CB tries to do a stunt instead of knocking the ball away

Not surprised Kvitova lost, maybe she will win a few matches next week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.