TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467986)

tak Sep 10th, 2012 01:10 PM

Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

Amen

cehowardrx7 Sep 10th, 2012 05:36 PM

Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

There is a genuine mutual admiration for each other between these two. Sharapova doesn't like either one of them. ha.

BTW, where is Vika-Power????

The word is out that Vika-Power is going to change his/her name to Vika-Chokee.... ho ho ho... :lol: :lol:

Sgt.Timmykinz Sep 10th, 2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 (Post 22184360)
There is a genuine mutual admiration for each other between these two. Sharapova doesn't like either one of them. ha.

That's because Sharapova is bitter.

Its not surprising she would hate the top 2 players this year.

Sir Stefwhit Sep 10th, 2012 06:53 PM

John McEnroe, Kim Clijsters, and John Werthiem have all echoed similar sentiments....it's starting to catch on with most people. Her legacy is at an all time high and I just look forward to it's continued growth!

Go Rena!

Sammo Sep 10th, 2012 06:58 PM

She isn't, by any single mean, and I don't care who says it.

Serenita Sep 10th, 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 (Post 22184360)

BTW, where is Vika-Power????

The word is out that Vika-Power is going to change his/her name to Vika-Chokee.... ho ho ho... :lol: :lol:

:lol:

shoryuken Sep 10th, 2012 07:12 PM

Clijsters said the same thing and I think Hingis did too? Rena GOAT :rocker2:

justineheninfan Sep 10th, 2012 07:19 PM

I dont think Serena is the greatest ever until she adds more to her current achievements, but I do think she is now the best female player ever. I like to distinguish between the two.

tak Sep 10th, 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammo (Post 22184800)

Those who stated that she is the greatest female player of all time probably know something you don't. They are mostly tennis greats and have been the #1 player in the world at one point in their careers. I'll respect their opinions more than yours when it comes to tennis. Your sound a bit envious if not jealous like many of the wiliam haters.

Sammo Sep 10th, 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tak (Post 22185028)
Those who stated that she is the greatest female player of all time probably know something you don't. They are mostly tennis greats and have been the #1 player in the world at one point in their careers. I'll respect their opinions more than yours when it comes to tennis.

I doubt it, a tennis player's career is no algorithm.

justineheninfan Sep 10th, 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammo (Post 22184800)

Well you have said Martina Hingis who has 33% the slam wins of Serena is the best ever, so others are more than free to say they think Serena is. :lol:

spiceboy Sep 10th, 2012 07:53 PM

Love you, Vika but please STFU :facepalm:

cehowardrx7 Sep 10th, 2012 08:08 PM

What does Vikachokee(formerly known as Vikapower)have to say about this? Vikachokee where are you??:tape:

Sammo Sep 10th, 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justineheninfan (Post 22185052)
Well you have said Martina Hingis who has 33% the slam wins of Serena is the best ever, so others are more than free to say they think Serena is. :lol:

First of all I doubt I've said it, and second, your first language is presumably English and you don't understand the difference between 'greatest' and 'best'?

AcesHigh Sep 10th, 2012 08:55 PM

If she dominated the last two slam finals, I'd give her more credit but she's struggled in finals against weak competition this year. I'm not sure how these wins put her above the top 3 (Graf, Navs, Evert).

Even then, she's mopping up slams in the weakest point ever seen in the Open Era as far as greats. She has no rival and it's not because she is just that amazing but because the field is just so awful that when she actually plays like sh!t (Wimbledon and USO finals), no one can do anything about it.

In terms of accomplishments, she'll probably end up in Evert territory. Somewhat close to the greatest but definitely not the greatest.

Now if we talk about who the "best" female player of all-time is/was? I havent seen any form since 2002-2003 that comes close to the best players of all time aside from the serve.