TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467781)

tennisbum79 Sep 7th, 2012 09:29 PM

Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

Great fight from Maria, unfortunately her body could not respond when she summoned it.

Her serve let her down too!!

mac47 Sep 7th, 2012 09:32 PM

Re: Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

Don't mistake the grim look on her face, or the silly clenched fist, for real mental strength.

So nice to see her ridiculous high-risk serve come back to bite her.

Stonerpova Sep 7th, 2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac47 (Post 22167444)
Don't mistake the grim look on her face, or the silly clenched fist, for real mental strength.

So nice to see her ridiculous high-risk serve come back to bite her.

Her serve is what made the third set so close :lol:

It was her awful returning (against Azarenka who has the worst serve in the top 10 other than Radwanska) that made life difficult.

FORZA SARITA Sep 7th, 2012 09:38 PM

i don't think she served that bad :confused: Vika's ROS really troubled Masha who had a terrible footwork :tape:

jameshazza Sep 7th, 2012 09:40 PM

Her serve wasn't too bad, she got away with an awful lot considering she hit EVERY serve to Vika's FH and Vika still hit errors short balls.

It was her AWOL ROS and refusal to hit her BH DTL.

The fights the only thing keeping Maria at the top these days mostly. She's still only playing at 70% of her peak most days.

tennisbum79 Sep 7th, 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin. (Post 22167473)
Her serve is what made the third set so close :lol:

It was her awful returning (against Azarenka who has the worst serve in the top 10 other than Radwanska) that made life difficult.

I believe Maria lost the match in the 1st set.

She had great momentum service for the set at 5-1, then her predictable and inevitable bad serving patch showed up.
Although she eventually held to win the set, she lost great momentum going into the 2nd set.

At the same time, Vika regained her rythm, and Maria was playing catch up from that time on.

That add tremendous stress when you go from holding easily in the first 6 games to suddenly facing bpts after bpts.

allhailwilliams Sep 7th, 2012 09:45 PM

The so called highest paid womens athlete is a joke among true tennis greats.
I hope all her so called fans are crying right now. Slowpover doesn't deserve the accolades she gets, she's a joke. Enjoy all those millions of dollars that those racist sponsors gave you because of the color of you're skin and not you're talent loser.

tennisbum79 Sep 7th, 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA (Post 22167519)
i don't think she served that bad :confused: Vika's ROS really troubled Masha who had a terrible footwork :tape:

Really, I guess you have come to expect her bad serving patches as part of her game now.

She had several DFs that came at bad times and in a bunch.
That affected the rest of her game at the end of the first set and on.

The free swing, good timing, patience she had in the first 6 game of the first set, were replaced by uncertainty, hesitation, bad decision making forcing her to play from behind the rest of the match.

metamorpha Sep 7th, 2012 09:49 PM

Vika had a late start in the first set and Maria surprisingly played much better today, she could keep up her level until the very end. In AO, she disappeared quickly once Vika found her rhythm.

Roookie Sep 7th, 2012 09:51 PM

Agree, greatest fighter on tour right now :hatoff:

Cosmic Voices Sep 7th, 2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhailwilliams (Post 22167610)
I hope all her so called fans are crying right now. Slowpover doesn't deserve the accolades she gets, she's a joke. Enjoy all those millions of dollars that those racist sponsors gave you because of the color of you're skin and not you're talent loser.

Ths was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Her rivalry with Vika should be considered a credit to the sport. Calling someone a joke who just fought for nearly 3 hours with true heart is disgusting

dsanders06 Sep 7th, 2012 09:56 PM

I don't really think she was physically tired, it seemed like she was more mentally-drained. Probably because she wasted so much emotional energy in the 2nd set unnecessarily. She was still moving around the court ok in the 3rd set (whereas you'd assume if she was physically tired that she'd be slower), it was just she didn't seem to be moving her feet / engaging her brain, whereas at the beginning of the match her footwork and point-construction were flawless.

allhailwilliams Sep 7th, 2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serbian_siren (Post 22167685)
Ths was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Her rivalry with Vika should be considered a credit to the sport. Calling someone a joke who just fought for nearly 3 hours with true heart is disgusting

Ok, but the old Sharpie would wipe the floor with Vika.

Clijsters28 Sep 7th, 2012 09:58 PM

Who cares. She was going to get her butt kicked by Serena in the final anyway. It is not like she missed out on a chance of another slam title. With Serena playing freaking Errani in the other semi there never was one. Atleast Azarenka has a small chance vs Serena, Maria had none.

youngbuck Sep 7th, 2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhailwilliams (Post 22167610)

This statement is racist. Jealous much? She'll earn a lot more so I guess you'll be staying pressed.