TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Planet Venus (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!!! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467599)

Uranium Sep 4th, 2012 12:55 AM

Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!!!

Let's forget the shitty US event that Venus played in where she already won both events she competed in this year. Been there, done that. Now let's win the King Trophy!

Was a part of the winning team in 2006 and 2011, BUT did not compete in the Finals. 2012 will mark her first time.

Re: Venus To Take Washington Kastles to 32-0 in the WTT Finals!

Team Line-Ups
Washington Kastles: Venus Williams, Leander Paes, Bobby Reynolds, Anastasia Rodionova, and Arina Rodionova.
vs.
New York Sportimes: John McEnroe, Robert Kendrick, Jesse Witten, Kveta Peschke, and Ashley Harkleroad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orange County Breakers: John-Patrick Smith, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Jana Juricova, and Travis Parrott.
vs.
Sacramento Capitals: Kevin Anderson, Mark Knowles, Coco Vandeweghe, Yasmin Schnack, and Asia Muhammad.

Past Champions Since Venus Has Been a WTT Regular
2011 - Washington Kastles - Apart of Winning Team

2010 - Kansas City Explorers

2009 - Washington Kastles

2008 - New York Buzz

2007 - Sacramento Capitals

2006 - Philadelphia Freedoms - Apart of Winning Team

2005 - New York Sportimes

Uranium Sep 4th, 2012 01:02 AM

Vee's WTT results for the 2012 season:
Venus/Paes def. Gullickson-Eagle/Butorac 5-1
Venus/Anastasia Rodionova def. Gullickson-Eagle/Falconi 5-1
Falconi def. Venus 5-0

Hingis/Kendrick def. Venus/Paes 5-3
Harkleroad/Hingis def. Venus/An. Rodionova 5-3
Venus def. Hingis 5-1, Venus def. Hingis 2-0, Venus def. Hingis [7-0]

Venus/An. Rodionova def. Luzhanska/Simmonds 5-1
Venus def. (Simmonds at the start) Luzhanska 5-1

49-26 in WTT
18-8 in Singles.
15-9 in Doubles.

w/Stubbs: 4-4.
w/Raymond: 7-4.
w/De Beer: 1-0.
w/Smith: 1-0.
w/An. Rodionova: 2-1.

16-9 in Mixed.
w/Joyce: 1-1.
w/Koenig: 0-1.
w/Anderson: 1-1.
w/Nestor: 5-1.
w/Crabb: 0-1.
w/Parrott: 1-2.
w/Healey: 3-0.
w/Paes: 5-2.

djbueno Sep 4th, 2012 01:04 AM

:cheer: Let's get into some fall form Venus!

swim4life227 Sep 4th, 2012 01:06 AM

God I love that trophy.

Dear lord, Venus lost to FALCONI 0-5? Was she taking a nap during that match?

Alarmed Sep 4th, 2012 01:12 AM

:lol: Why do you care so much about this? Just wondering :p

Uranium Sep 4th, 2012 01:16 AM

I don't, but I need to take my mind off the US Open. Plus it's in good fun, Vee enjoys it and IS playing it. It's my desire for Vee to have fun but win a trophy that has singles in it....so kind of a singles win:angel: Baby steps to getting that first singles title since 2010 Acapulco.

swim4life227 Sep 4th, 2012 01:24 AM

I am hoping Venus can win a MM this fall and maybe get a WC to the MM YEC. Mine as well get a few titles to rack up the count.

Maddy-88 Sep 4th, 2012 07:43 AM

:oh: Does this mess of an event derserve it's own thread lol

Whatever takes the memory of the US Open off our minds works I suppose.

Hope she plays well though, getting confidence before Beijing

Uranium Sep 4th, 2012 04:00 PM

^Why not? a) I said I was going to and b) Venus is gunning for a title, it deserves a thread. And anything to take my mind off this shitty week. Now it's going to be raining a lot:o

V's a star Sep 4th, 2012 09:50 PM

Ughhh i HATE WTT!!! Why cant Venus do something more productive like playing Seoul and getting her ranking up instead of playing this for the 2nd time in 2 months.

Venus needs a title win and the fall is her best opportunity yet, she should play more than 2 tournaments but of course WTT is always more important than health and ranking points.. wtf am I thinking??.. :lol:

Uranium Sep 11th, 2012 01:58 AM

^That's what Luxembourg is for. And Ivanovic can't take the Sofia WC, so a WC is still open for Vee there too if she wants it. She still has chances to win Singles titles this season, but it is a matter of if she even wants to bother during the fall. Which I mean she should seeing as she needs to make a push to get an Aussie seeding.

And also, I am sure the owner of the Kastles will be giving Venus a big pay day if she can bring home the title. On top of the money WTT gives for winning.

Venus does what Venus does. She plays Hong Kong because she likes the city. She plays WTT out of homage to BJK and loving the team atmosphere. And the money probably doesn't hurt her playing either event as well.

swim4life227 Sep 12th, 2012 12:47 AM

Why can't Ana take the Sofia WC? Does the WTA realize that's her only chance for titles anymore?

I would love for Venus to play there. Only chance I'd actually watch that crapfest tournie.

The Witch-king Sep 12th, 2012 08:41 AM

Venus is playing World Team Tennis again?

Seriously, though, I actually think WTT is a great event. It gives people the opportunity to see different players you'd probably never ever see on the same court, the players obviously enjoy it and it's actually really fun to watch once you get a hang of the scoring system. And considering that she's been playing it since, what, the 90s? I'm like, go 'head Venus, do yo thang on that slightly faded multicolor court:lol: