TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Hello Kvitty (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1484)
-   -   Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467519)

ArcticMoose Sep 3rd, 2012 05:15 AM

Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

:cheer:Onwards to Asia….

:angel:Petra has never won a WTA Title todate (Sep 12) in the Asian legs of the tour at the beginning or the latter part of the annual WTA tour:drive: ;) so here’s hoping she will breakthrough in Asia very soon on the (less humid ;)) Asian Outdoor Hard courts.....

:worship:To date she has won 9 WTA Tour Titles : 5 in Europe (Istanbul is at the European/Asian Cross roads;)) 2 in Australia & 2 in North America..:bigclap:

:bounce: The Curator of the Petra Kvitova Trophy Cabinet awaits the delivery of goodies with eager anticipation….

Enjoy the journey folks on the exotic foray in to Asia on the Kvitty Bandwagon …..:hatoff:

ArcticMoose Sep 3rd, 2012 05:17 AM

Re: Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

Petra Kvitová Global Fan Base Anthem / Song

QUEEN - We Are The Champions lyrics

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through
(And we mean to go on and on and on and on)

We are the champions my friend
And we'll keep on fightin' till the end
We are the champions, We are the champions
No time for losers 'cause we are the champions

Of the world

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that
goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'cause we are the champions

Of the world

And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'cause we are the champions.

Excelscior Sep 3rd, 2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcticMoose (Post 22138788)
:cheer:Onwards to Asia….

:angel:Petra has never won a WTA Title todate (Sep 12) in the Asian legs of the tour at the beginning or the latter part of the annual WTA tour:drive: ;) so here’s hoping she will breakthrough in Asia very soon on the (less humid ;)) Asian Outdoor Hard courts.....

:worship:To date she has won 9 WTA Tour Titles : 5 in Europe (Istanbul is at the European/Asian Cross roads;)) 2 in Australia & 2 in North America..:bigclap:

:bounce: The Curator of the Petra Kvitova Trophy Cabinet awaits the delivery of goodies with eager anticipation….

Enjoy the journey folks on the exotic foray in to Asia on the Kvitty Bandwagon …..:hatoff:

I guess after what we witnessed tonight, you like me (and some of us others), have no choice but to move on and not be mad, huh Moose (or you just keeping it in)? :lol:

Strange match tonight to say the least. :oh:

ArcticMoose Sep 3rd, 2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelscior (Post 22138795)
I guess after what we witnessed tonight, you like me (and some of us others), have no choice but to move on and not be mad, huh Moose (or you just keeping it in)? :lol:

Strange match tonight to say the least. :oh:

Kvitty's Tennis Life Journey has many twists & turns some albeit very cruel valleys - we have seen & experienced some of these todate but yet more to come - there are times for tears & mourning and moments for looking ahead ... to the Glorius Mountain Tops just around the corner & ahead of us!

Excelscior Sep 3rd, 2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcticMoose (Post 22138823)
Kvitty's Tennis Life Journey has many twists & turns some albeit very cruel valleys - we have seen & experienced some of these todate but yet more to come - there are times for tears & mourning and moments for looking ahead ... to the Glorius Mountain Tops just around the corner & ahead of us!

Well said. And I have nothing else to say (hopefully that's not a suicide watch ode to Petra). :lol: Just kidding of course.

bruce goose Sep 4th, 2012 05:22 AM

Nice timing from Moose in starting this thread;sometimes,opening a new,relevant thread is exactly what's needed to get the foul taste of an ultra-crappy loss out of your system.If Petra can do well in Asia,then it'll be FAR easier to put yesterday's whatever-the-hell-that-was out of our minds.....The good thing about being in Asia is that Petra won't be the worst English-speaker by a long shot compared to those young,local WCs in the MDs:lol:

Synth Sep 4th, 2012 02:10 PM

Thanks for starting this thread Moose. Looking forward to the swing.

ShiftyFella Sep 4th, 2012 02:47 PM

If Petra takes at least 1 title and advances in others to semis or better i would be happiest man on earth and that horrific lose to Cake finally would be erased from my mind:)

Excelscior Sep 4th, 2012 03:00 PM

OK guys, since the US Open for Petra is over, let's talk about something else for the upcoming Asian Swing, and ultimately the start of 2013 (till Tokyo starts of course).

In one of Queen Petra Fans most recent post, he mentioned an excellent suggestion which may of been overlooked. He said (if I remember correctly), that Petra should move out of the Czech Republic to a warmer climate (which I've always believed). And he also mentioned, she should at least practice in an outdoor facility. I hope I'm not misquoting him. :oh:

I happen to concur with both. You ever notice most top golfers and tennis players live in warm weather climates? Very few live in cold weather environments?

Now I don't know if Petra is ready to leave the Czech Republic at this stage (especially since Kotyza lives there). But I agree with QPF, that if she's not going to practice onsite in Asia (when ever she prepares for tennis again), it should be in an outdoor facility, preferably in a warm weather environment. If Petra's serious about making moves in her tennis career, this is something she should consider, especially at the end of 2012/start of the 2012 season.

Prostejov is an indoor facility (I have no idea what the weather is in the Czech Republic today, by the way), even though I remember Petra saying they were supposed to get outdoor courts in the future as well. Obviously Petra had a comfortably on Indoor courts, cause of Prostejov. But because of Petra's tennis immaturity, she didn't open up to Outdoor hardcourts every where equally as well, though her game obviously/easily translated to both.

That's why I was so mad when Petra had gotten that cold/virus earlier this year. I didn't think she should of been in the Czech Republic during a snow storm/the cold in the first place. I'm sure Petra can find away to live somewhere else, while maintaining her Czech citizenship. At worst, she can live/vacation elsewhere when the weather is cold or contains allergens in the Czech Republic.

At this point the only time Petra should be in the Czech Republic, is when she doesn't plan to play tennis and just visit family, relax, etc, when it's warm. Anytime she does wants to play tennis, I think she should practice somewhere else, unless it's warm and outdoors in the Czech Republic (and even that I probably don't agree with), if she can't officially move.

What do you guys think?

ShiftyFella Sep 4th, 2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelscior (Post 22147436)
What do you guys think?

I think she needs at least during offseason practicing somewhere hot like Australia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelscior (Post 22147436)

In one of Queen Petra Fans most recent post, he mentioned an excellent suggestion which may of been overlooked. He said (if I remember correctly), that Petra should move out of the Czech Republic to a warmer climate (which I've always believed). And he also mentioned, she should at least practice in an outdoor facility. I hope I'm not misquoting him. :oh:

actually it was me:oh:

Excelscior Sep 4th, 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyFella (Post 22147506)
I think she needs at least during offseason practicing somewhere hot like Australia

actually it was me:oh:

Now I think he did to. I just probably didn't read or remember yours (sorry shifty). :lol:

Petra had gotten sick earlier this year (before Doha), cause she had gotten a virus/cold in Czech Republic.

I for one flipped out, cause I didn't think she should of been there in the first place during a snowstorm in the middle of the tennis season.

This carried over till Indian Wells, cause not only was Petra sick and weak, but she hadn't practiced. And if you remembered, she lost all her energy in the second set, after bludgeoning McHale in the first, cause she was zapped for energy.

The other thing was, Petra obviously had the game to play well on both indoor and outdoor hardcourts (cause she played well on outdoor clay and Grass), but do to her immaturity she had an affinity for indoor hardcourts and only seemed to like outdoor hard courts in Australia. :lol:

As far as your last suggestion. I know she likes Australia, but I don't think Petra will ever move there. Too far. Of course she could practice there for the start of 2012 :lol: She did arrive a week before the Hopman Cup in Perth Australia this year (after of course hurting herself in the Czech league several weeks earlier).

I think she should move to warm weather climate in Europe, since she seems to like it there so much, or just vacation, spend time away from the Czech Republic when it's cold.

Petra may also consider extended time in America after before Indian Wells and after Wimbledon as well. She may not have to play every tournament (like she almost did this year on the NA summer hardcourt swing), but she can get more comfortable with the cities and environments in between tournaments this way.

And she should definitely not practice much at Prostejov anymore (especially if they continue to have no outdoor hardcourts). There's no need to.

Berdych lives in Monaco (or at least that's his official residence now), and he's a member of the club as well.

ShiftyFella Sep 4th, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelscior (Post 22147559)
Petra had gotten sick earlier this year (before Doha), cause she had gotten a virus/cold in Czech Republic.

I for one flipped out, cause I didn't think she should of been there in the first place during a snowstorm, in the middle of the tennis season.

This carried over till Indian Wells, cause not only was Petra sick and weak, but she hadn't practiced. And if you remembered, she lost all her energy in the second set, after bludgeoning McHale in the first, cause she was zapped for energy.

The other thing was, Petra obviously had the game to play well on both indoor and outdoor hardcourts (cause she played well on outdoor clay and Grass), but do to her immaturity she had an affinity for indoor hardcourts and only seemed to like outdoor hard courts in Australia. :lol:

As far as your last suggestion. I know she likes Australia, but I don't think Petra will ever move there. Too far. Of course she couold practice there for the start of 2012 :lol: She did arrive a week before the Hopman Cup in Perth Australia this year (after of course she hurt herself in the Czech league prior).

I think she should move to warm weather climate in Europe, since she seems to like it there so much, or just vacation, spend time away from the Czech Republic when it's cold.

And she should definitely not practice much at Prostejov anymore (especially if they continue to have no outdoor hardcourts). There's no need to.

Berdych lives in Monaco (or at least that's his official residence now), and he's a member of the club.

I don't belive Petra would leave Czech, she is not comfortable with her english skills and too much of a hommie person, maybe having underage boyfriend is the case too. I believe best solution is to have offseason training facility somewhere like Australia not just because of warm weather\stuff but because there are no distractions, also she needs her fitness coach always with her in order to correct rest-fitness balance between matches during season. Kotyza wouldn't be an issue Kvitty used to not having him on the tour or maybe he likes this idea too, bringing his family for nice vacation while coaching Petra.

Excelscior Sep 4th, 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyFella (Post 22147764)
I don't belive Petra would leave Czech, she is not comfortable with her english skills and too much of a hommie person, maybe having underage boyfriend is the case too. I believe best solution is to have offseason training facility somewhere like Australia not just because of warm weather\stuff but because there are no distractions, also she needs her fitness coach always with her in order to correct rest-fitness balance between matches during season. Kotyza wouldn't be an issue Kvitty used to not having him on the tour or maybe he likes this idea too, bringing his family for nice vacation while coaching Petra.

Good Points shifty, on why Australia would be a good location (no publicity or pressure). I still think it's too far though (which I'm sure is one of your points). Lol

Yeah, I don't think Petra would ever change her citizenship either. But in reality, most of these players (including Petra), spend little time in their native lands anyway. :lol:

Yes, if Petra wants to maintain Czech citizenship, fine. But she should definitely vacation (especially when it's cold), and practice outside the Czech Republic.

Petra should only drop in for tennis in one of those pre-Season tournament Czech leagues deals. However, she has to be smart enough next time not to get hurt trying to win a needless match during Pre Pre Pre season. :lol:

Yeah, I guess Kotyza won't mind a paid for trip to a warm climate. But the reason why I brought him up was, who's Petra going to stay with when she's out the country (unless she brings her family, friends and/or doesn't mind being alone), when she's not practicing?

I think Petra's English is fine. If she can conduct press conferences, I'm sure she can function in a foreign country. And it's funny you brought up English. How you know what country I wanted her to move and/or vacation to (and didn't you bring Up English speaking Australia yourself)? :lol: Plus, how could she be uncomfortable in English speaking environments, when she claims she loves England, Australian and NY is one of her favorite cities? :lol:

If Berdych, Wozniaki and Djokovic can move to Monaco (the south of France) and function, then Petra can move to a similar French or Italian International resort herself. Hell, she can even move or vacation to some warm, quiet village somewhere in Europe, for all I care. :lol:

Petra should want to improve her English (with out just reading books) anyway. That would be good for her, and make her even better/more comfortable during the US swing. Keep in mind, Petra is comfortable where ever she wins. If Petra wins Tokyo, she'll claim that's 'Japan is one of her favorite countries, Tokyo is one of her favorite cities', and 'she loves the Japanese language'. I promise you. :lol:

Good stuff.

ShiftyFella Sep 4th, 2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelscior (Post 22147801)
Good Points shifty, on why Australia would be a good location (no publicity or pressure). I still think it's too far though (which I'm sure is one of your points). Lol

Yeah, I don't think Petra would ever change her citizenship either. But in reality, most of these players (including Petra), spend little time in their native lands anyway. :lol:

Yes, if Petra wants to maintain Czech citizenship, fine. But she should definitely vacation (especially when it's cold), and practice outside the Czech Republic.

Petra should only drop in for tennis in one of those pre-Season tournament Czech leagues deals. However, she has to be smart enough next time not to get hurt trying to win a needless match during Pre Pre Pre season. :lol:

Yeah, I guess Kotyza won't mind a paid for trip to a warm climate. But the reason why I brought him up was, who's Petra going to stay with when she's out the country (unless she brings her family, friends and/or doesn't mind being alone), when she's not practicing?

I think Petra's English fine. If she can conduct press conferences, I'm sure she can function in a foreign country. And it's funny you brought up English. How you know what country I wanted her to move and/or vacation to (and didn't you bring Up English speaking Australia yourself)? Lol.

If Berdych, Wozniaki and Djokovic can move to Monaco (the south of France) and function, then Petra can move to a similar French or Italian international resort herself. Hell, she can even move or vacation to some warm, quiet village somewhere in Europe, for all I care. :lol:

Lastly, Petra should want to improve her English (with out just reading books). That would be good for her, and make her even better/more comfortable during the US swing.

Good stuff.

Personally i don't like when players change their citizenship, i can dig it when they move out from home country at age like 5 but when they 25yo it's beyond me.

You should watch her pressers in Czech, to me she looks way more comfortable and outspoken then in english, though living in english speaking environment would develop her skills better and quickly.

When Kotyza not with her PR manager always around, also she can just hang out with Stosur or Dellacqua. If she moves to Monaco she can become money hungry diva, we don't want this to happen, right?:lol:

Excelscior Sep 4th, 2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyFella (Post 22148079)
Personally i don't like when players change their citizenship, i can dig it when they move out from home country at age like 5 but when they 25yo it's beyond me.

You should watch her pressers in Czech, to me she looks way more comfortable and outspoken then in english, though living in english speaking environment would develop her skills better and quickly.

When Kotyza not with her PR manager always around, also she can just hang out with Stosur or Dellacqua. If she moved to Monaco she can become money hungry diva, we don't want this to happen, right?:lol:

Yeah, but we don't want her in the Czech Republic, right Shifty? :lol:

Plus, what other language is she going to speak, if it's not English? :lol:

I had also added to the post you responded to (which could address some of this). You may notice the differences. But I had asked "how could Petra not like English, when she claims she loves England, Australia, and NY is one of her favorite cities? Then I said was, "Petra likes any place where she wins". If she wins in Tokyo, it will be her new favorite City and tournament, and Japan will instantly become one of her favorite countries. I promise. :lol:

She can move/vacation anywhere she's comfortable, where it's warm and she can play tennis.

Don't worry. I don't think anyone would ever convince her to change her nationality, unless Csersonek or someone very close to her or someone she highly respected recommended it.

Anyway, my original point was, all top golfers and tennis players live in warm weather climates. And earlier this year, Petra was getting sick while in the Czech Republic during a cold freeze. She also got injured practicing in the Czech Republic Pre-season during a competitive, albeit useless match, which impacted the first 1/3 of her 2012 season.

If Petra's going to be a true pro, with a true pro team (as so many of us have been suggesting lately), then this would be a first start. Where is Petra going to stay during the off season when it's cold? And where is she going to practice her tennis in general?

Where she officially lives or calls home, I know is a whole nother fight/argument. Lol.

And to be quite honest; she doesn't have to (officially change her nationality). If Petra wants to give more taxes to her country, that's her business.