TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Romania (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1026)
-   -   Patricia Maria Tig (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467407)

Curcubeu Sep 1st, 2012 06:29 PM

Patricia Maria Tig

*27th July 1994 (18 years old)

Started playing tennis at the age of 8

Career high as a junior: 67 (4th July 2011)

Titles: 2 X 10k

Bals: defeated Damaschin 6-4 7-5
Iasi: defeated Platon 6-2 3-6 6-4

Curcubeu Sep 1st, 2012 06:30 PM

Re: Patricia Maria Tig

And now she is in the final of her first 25k tournament in Mamaia after defeating Ferrer Suarez 6-2 6-1, playing Sharon Fichman there.

I guess that's reason enough for a new thread.

Tennis Fool Sep 1st, 2012 06:43 PM

:yeah:

grs Sep 1st, 2012 08:15 PM

:yeah:

grs Sep 2nd, 2012 07:02 AM

We can see the final here http://www.ntvonline.ro/articol/ntv-live from 14 Romanian time (13 CET)

Curcubeu Sep 2nd, 2012 10:09 PM

Lost the final in 3 sets.

That was some mess. I've watched from the middle of the second set.

Tig has so much more game than Fichman, you can't believe it. When she just put a little consistency on her shots, she was able to outplay the Canadian comfortably. Especially her forehand impressed me, but she can hit some great angles from both sides. I don't know which sport Sharon plays, but that isn't tennis. I can't even call her pusher, because they try to work with the pace of their opponents, while Fichman was more or less moonballing throughout the match, that 2nd set TB was priceless. And the hilarious thing is that she lost every point in it with an easy error whenever she tried to be 'agressive'.

In the third set, Patricia ran out of gas and after she got the break from being 40 - 0 up, the match was over. Her net game needs some work, her serve some speed up and her defense movement must be improved, because whenever Sharon somehow managed to boss her around the court, Tig was toast.

Still, she should climb up the rankings now, because she has too much game and talent to be stuck that far down. In the run of her career, a Top 200 ranking should definitely be reachable, it will depend on her will to improve to make it on the WTA tour.

grs Sep 2nd, 2012 10:18 PM

Believe it or not, with this kind of tennis Sharon was able to stop Alexandra Dulgheru on clay when our GOAT was in great shape in the fall of 2009. Sharon can drive her opponent crazy with her long and precise balloons. :)

Curcubeu Sep 2nd, 2012 10:40 PM

But was able to bagel her even with broken knees at the beginning of this year. :lol:

But how could we forget Peak Sorana winning a total of 2 games against her at Acapulco 2010?
I guess I know how this match looked like...

God, she is really hard to watch for more than half an hour.

Tennis Fool Sep 2nd, 2012 10:49 PM

Final score, 36 76(5) 36.

grs Sep 2nd, 2012 10:56 PM

I think that Sorana lost the plot completely, knowing her lack of patience. This is what I liked more at Patricia game today - she didn't hurry (most of the time) to finish the point, waiting for the best opportunity to blast the ball. Unfortunately she made same silly mistakes at net, giving easy points to Sharon exactly when it counts. ( for example the fatal mistake at 3-3 last set, on her advantage when she hit long a easy ball at net, a ball very well constructed so far- for that moment the match was over ). I really believe that is a sign of less experience of that level and she will improve this in time.

Regarding her service - she serve well with good placement of the ball but she need to increase the power.
Last, but not the least she looks to be very ambitious, even crying at the trophy presentation.

nutu Sep 3rd, 2012 08:35 AM

Nice week for Patty. Pity for the final she was definitely the better one and I agree with grs, in contrast to Sorana she showed some pacience when had to deal with Sharon's moonballing.
She tried to adjust her tactics in the final set and responded with less riskier balls. And seems to be a fighter too.
But I think she has to improve her movement on the court to cope with a more aggresive and better player
Anyway a girl to watch, with nice game and good potential

Tennis Fool Sep 17th, 2012 04:30 PM

25K Dobrich qualies. #5 Patricia made the main draw after defeating #10 Viktoriya Tomova, 2 & 2.

Faces Magda Linette opening round.

Dan_Doe Sep 29th, 2012 02:33 PM

In Dobrich ^^^ Patricia lost in the first round to Magda Linette, who's in form.

$10,000 Varna

First Round
Patricia Maria TIG (ROU) [2] 6-4 7-6(2) Lina GJORCHESKA (MKD)

Second Round
Patricia Maria TIG (ROU) [2] 6-2 2-6 6-3 Borislava BOTUSHAROVA (BUL)

QF
Patricia Maria TIG (ROU) [2] 7-5 6-4 Alexandra DAMASCHIN (ROU) [6]

SF
lost 6-2 2-6 5-7 to Tomova, after a choke in the last set.

Curcubeu Sep 29th, 2012 02:44 PM

Just when I thought there was a mentally tough player emerging... :o

Everyone chokes on the WTA one day, as long as this is an exception...

Djezonfly Sep 29th, 2012 08:42 PM

Choking to a player she trashed the week before... She's Romanian, no doubt about it.