TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Is Sharapova's engagement hitting the skids? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467032)

pov Aug 28th, 2012 04:27 AM

Is Sharapova's engagement hitting the skids?

According to the press, today she said that she is not getting married in November to her fiancee, Sasha Vujacic.

perseus2006 Aug 28th, 2012 05:25 AM

Re: Is Sharapova's engagement hitting the skids?

She also denied it several months ago when the rumor first surfaced. And several times since then.

os400 Aug 28th, 2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pov (Post 22095977)
According to the press, today she said that she is not getting married in November to her fiancee, Sasha Vujacic.

if im not mistaken, masha's trying to clear up the rumor (regarding her marriage plan in 2012). she said its all just rumor that snowballed.. so there's no official plan for masha's wedding so far.

nelsondan Aug 28th, 2012 01:45 PM

The ap wire story in my local paper just presented her checking for pregnancy as straight news. That makes me feel like my constant bashing of our USA political reporting has been on the mark. One thing I did wonder....if her fiancee knew from personal lack of action that she could not have been pregnant by him....(do not know that for sure)....would he have been 100% sure she was joking.

os400 Aug 29th, 2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsondan (Post 22097729)
if her fiancee knew from personal lack of action that she could not have been pregnant by him....(do not know that for sure)....would he have been 100% sure she was joking.

IMHO masha is an old fashioned type girl with strict upbringing , so i think she will wait for marriage before doing anything improper. I dont know about Russian culture or how traditional it is toward marriage though.

and masha dont seem to be a 'party girl' type who slept around. she seem like a strict / boring / square girl since little (based on some interview where she admit her friend accused her for being a boring girl because she want to sleep early)

then again, having a relationship is more than just sex.. way more than that..

WowWow Aug 29th, 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by os400 (Post 22103371)
IMHO masha is an old fashioned type girl with strict upbringing , so i think she will wait for marriage before doing anything improper. I dont know about Russian culture or how traditional it is toward marriage though.

and masha dont seem to be a 'party girl' type who slept around. she seem like a strict / boring / square girl since little (based on some interview where she admit her friend accused her for being a boring girl because she want to sleep early)

then again, having a relationship is more than just sex.. way more than that..

:happy:

SloKid Aug 31st, 2012 11:31 AM

Vujacic confirmed that they broke up about 3 months ago according to Gazzetta dello Sport:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Tennis/31-08-...59010746.shtml

AniaSharapova Aug 31st, 2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloKid (Post 22119030)
Vujacic confirmed that they broke up about 3 months ago according to Gazzetta dello Sport:

So, it's official now.
Maria must be very annoyed to answer all this question about Sasha and upcoming marriage. But as we see it doesn't affect her game, she's very strong person.

dsanders06 Aug 31st, 2012 02:20 PM

If true, that's a shame. I really think Sasha helped in getting her career back on track :shrug:

Craig. Aug 31st, 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

No! I was a fan... *sigh*

Tennisvampire Aug 31st, 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Seriously? :eek: Are we 100% sure this is true? Because it might just be the media pitching a story and taking words out of context :o If it is true, I can't help but point out the fact that Maria doesn't look very heartbroken... I mean, if it happened three months ago, you gotta wonder-after all, she did win RG (which would be right after the breakup) and Olympic silver... So, either she's really good with keeping stuff to herself and coping with her emotions, or she (which is hard for me to imagine) doesn't even care that much at this point :shrug: Or they are simply still together...

MM_1257 Aug 31st, 2012 02:37 PM

Well we knew it... So why the surprise? :p :lol: It's just gonna be a bit problematic in press today.. for Maria.. UGH I hope this didn't throw her off - she wanted to hide it.

IMO it was after RG! Hence the Wimbledon...

Trih Aug 31st, 2012 02:41 PM

Italian commentators also said it during some match yesterday on ES, I don't know if they had some other source or just talking about Gazzetta's article... but I don't see reasons to doubt what they say. :p

Tennisvampire Aug 31st, 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maja12 (Post 22119618)
Well we knew it... So why the surprise? :p :lol: It's just gonna be a bit problematic in press today.. for Maria.. UGH I hope this didn't throw her off - she wanted to hide it.

IMO it was after RG! Hence the Wimbledon...

If we count exactly three months, it's actually right at the beginning of RG... But, the article said that they were pretty much on a road for the break-up for quite some time now, and she seemed to do fine in that period (Stuttgart, Rome...). Anyway, we all kind of saw it coming (absence of the ring, Masha not really talking about it...), but it still came as a shock to me. Anyway, I won't believe it until I hear it from Maria herself...

MM_1257 Aug 31st, 2012 02:53 PM

But the problem is - Maria wants to hide it, so you won't hear it from her. And she is excellent at hiding her real self... You think always is all great for her in life? Probably not, and she seldom (never) shows that on court or in pressers.