TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single) (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=466069)

Elwin. Aug 14th, 2012 10:49 AM

PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

Epic. Rocketing up Itunes :hysteric: Almost 30 million views on YT

eck Aug 14th, 2012 11:29 AM

Re: PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

It's just LMFAO translated in Asian...

Valanga Aug 14th, 2012 12:14 PM

Oh God :o

GoofyDuck Aug 14th, 2012 12:22 PM

There's much better K-pop around :rolleyes:

Can't stand this one getting so much attention :lol:

Imperfect Angel Aug 14th, 2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eck (Post 22027131)
It's just LMFAO translated in Asian...

+1.

Saori Kimura Fan Aug 14th, 2012 01:13 PM

Perhaps the B.GIRLS will do a cover version? :)

Super Dave Aug 14th, 2012 01:30 PM

Kickass.

New_balls_please Sep 7th, 2012 06:52 PM

Gangnam Style snatching wigs on iTunes :bounce: :bounce:

Slammer7 Sep 7th, 2012 08:40 PM

The parody with Hyuna is painful though. :tape: The video is epic, but even without it the song gets stuck in your head and it's easy to sing, both the English parts and a good deal of the Korean. :) You can never go wrong with some saranghae. :hearts:

Sammo Sep 7th, 2012 08:46 PM

I love it :lol:

Heyyyy sexy lady, wop wop wop

Still better than Bieber anyway

kwilliams Sep 7th, 2012 11:21 PM

Ugh, I avoided watching this video. I knew it would annoy me. He reminds me of Gang Ho-dong. Would've been cool if they had some shots of Gangnam-dong in the video instead of just Gangnam-gu and Ttukseom. Though it was cool to see some parts of it, like COEX. I used to live near there, in Cheongdam.

Does anybody know if they were dancing in a real metro station? Was it a station on line 4?

Imperfect Angel Sep 8th, 2012 12:22 AM

Overrated.:lol: But it's definitely the 2012's Macarena (whatever the spelling is).:oh:

Hayato Sep 8th, 2012 01:14 AM

Is that Yoo Jae Suk in the yellow suit? :hysteric: Love that man!

Still, J-pop trumps K-pop for me :shrug:

Slammer7 Sep 8th, 2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayato (Post 22169186)
Is that Yoo Jae Suk in the yellow suit? :hysteric: Love that man!

Still, J-pop trumps K-pop for me :shrug:

Yes it is. :)

It depends on ones preference. K-Pop tends to be more Soul and R&B (not always, but it's still a big influence) and J-Pop tends to be more Pop and Rock. I love them both, but K-Pop has been exploding the last few years and more new and dynamic groups are getting international attention coming out of Korea rather than Japan. :shrug:

Hayato Sep 8th, 2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammer7 (Post 22169219)
Yes it is. :)

It depends on ones preference. K-Pop tends to be more Soul and R&B (not always, but it's still a big influence) and J-Pop tends to be more Pop and Rock. I love them both, but K-Pop has been exploding the last few years and more new and dynamic groups are getting international attention coming out of Korea rather than Japan. :shrug:

Yeah, it's all about personal taste. K-pop is definitely more popular than J-pop right now. As you probably know, even in Japan, Kara, 2NE1, SNSD are extremely popular. Same deal with K-dramas I think. K-pop presents a fresh, strong, independent image for young women that appeals more than the standard "cute" Japanese one of most girl J-pop groups, so that's one of the reasons why I think K-pop has been more popular lately.

But i'm not sure how long it will last since the music is so banal for me. :lol: Not like Utada Hikaru or Ayumi Hamasaki for example. Then again, recent J-pop has been mediocre IMO. But actually I don't think many J-pop groups are even trying to become famous in the West like K-pop groups are desperately.

K-pop music videos like this one are extremely well produced but, for me, they all look (and sound) the same. Forgettable. The dancing distracts from the bland sound (same can be said for AKB in my opinion :lol: ). But overall, J-pop is more versatile and feels a lot more creative in genre. That's probably why it's still the second biggest music industry in the world, it has more to offer.

With K-pop their vocals, dancing, music videos etc are really impressive, but when it comes down to the music, i prefer J-pop.