TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   New Haven (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465898)

heelsrule1988 Aug 12th, 2012 02:06 AM

New Haven

Just a thought.

lefty24 Aug 12th, 2012 02:16 AM

Re: New Haven

I think Matt Cronin said in his tweet that Maria's not even thinking about New Haven. Not really surprising knowing Maria.

Charlatan Aug 12th, 2012 02:26 AM

heelsrules, Mariarocks and MashaFan01 love opening a new thread every single time :sobbing:

Please post more in our already-existed threads instead, will ya?

Reptilia Aug 12th, 2012 02:30 AM

Maria rocks is the worst :crying2:

ziros Aug 12th, 2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty24 (Post 22014677)
I think Matt Cronin said in his tweet that Maria's not even thinking about New Haven. Not really surprising knowing Maria.

How does this guy know so much sh!t? Does he regularly talk with the players or their agents or something?

NashaP Aug 12th, 2012 05:36 AM

denny5576 Aug 12th, 2012 06:48 AM

Maria will not play any tournament before USO

denny5576 Aug 12th, 2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziros (Post 22014742)
How does this guy know so much sh!t? Does he regularly talk with the players or their agents or something?

Yes, Matt talks to many players directly and regularly. Players give him info because he never uses it against them.
Matt talks regularly to Max (Max Eisenbud) and Max gives him info

gc-spurs Aug 12th, 2012 08:19 AM

In my head Maria Rocks is Laura Robson.

I say no. The only time I recall her playing the week before a slam in recent years was Strasbourg, and that was a smart move because she needed clay warm up, was coming off injury and was Poova. I credit winning that tournament as the fuel for her clay court emergence, with the Henin match a week later as the ignition. But now she's good enough not to have to go do that if she's missing a bit of match action.

Kon. Aug 12th, 2012 08:38 AM

Haven't they already given the WC to Kvitova anyway ?

Marilyn Monheaux Aug 12th, 2012 09:21 AM

Never.
1. Maria doesn't like playing a week before a GS
2. She probably has 50-11 sponsor events lined up

:)

Trih Aug 12th, 2012 09:26 AM

New Haven :lol: please, it's as much as likely as Michael Phelps drowning in a swimming pool. :happy:

AniaSharapova Aug 12th, 2012 11:39 AM

There is no chance Maria will play in NH. She doesn't play week before Major also like Marilyn Monheaux said, probably we could see her on few events during these last days before USO.

MM_1257 Aug 12th, 2012 12:08 PM

Matt Cronin is a journalist, he checks his info with the teams, PR representatives of the players (at least we should hope he does; nowadays, in the internet era everything and everyone can be doubted) - so Maria's team has said she doesn't plan to play New Haven, which doesn't mean that she cannot change her mind in the last minute. But I am sure 100% that she won't play New Haven - why? The answer is simple, you do not need to be her PR to get it; the tournament starts on the 19th of August, Maria has to be on the 20th of August in New York in Henri Bendel to promote her candy Sugarpova.

lefty24 Aug 12th, 2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniaSharapova (Post 22015764)
There is no chance Maria will play in NH. She doesn't play week before Major also like Marilyn Monheaux said, probably we could see her on few events during these last days before USO.

Hopefully at the event I'm going to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maja12 (Post 22015852)
Matt Cronin is a journalist, he checks his info with the teams, PR representatives of the players (at least we should hope he does; nowadays, in the internet era everything and everyone can be doubted) - so Maria's team has said she doesn't plan to play New Haven, which doesn't mean that she cannot change her mind in the last minute. But I am sure 100% that she won't play New Haven - why? The answer is simple, you do not need to be her PR to get it; the tournament starts on the 19th of August, Maria has to be on the 20th of August in New York in Henri Bendel to promote her candy Sugarpova.

Maybe I'll try and go wait outside of the store and get to see her!