TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   All-time favorite Maria shitfest (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465803)

Stonerpova Aug 10th, 2012 06:54 PM

All-time favorite Maria shitfest

Since coming back in 09 Maria has put us through a lot of epic shitfests that she only survived by unleashing her alter-ego, UnstoppableEpicDivaBitchModePova. Which is your favorite? I'd do a poll but that seems pretty pointless.

Cincy final last year gets my vote. I still don't know how she (or I) survived. :lol:

Trih Aug 10th, 2012 06:57 PM

Re: All-time favorite Maria shitfest

I am with you 100%.
Infact I DIDN'T survive during that. I'm pretty sure I have died multiple times watching that final, and now I'm just living one other life.

killerqueen Aug 10th, 2012 07:08 PM

I enjoyed this years Rome final quite a lot, just for the sheer drama. Until literally the last point, I genuinely had no idea who was going to win. (And even after it, given the way Li just missed the line and maybe challenged!) :lol:

MM_1257 Aug 10th, 2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trih (Post 22006827)
I am with you 100%.
Infact I DIDN'T survive during that. I'm pretty sure I have died multiple times watching that final, and now I'm just living one other life.

I was on vacation. When I managed to get to a tv set she had a comfortable lead in the 1st set, then she started losing the advantage and I went all pfffff, but couldn't show my emotions to the people around me, so after set 1 I turned off the tv but kept thinking- What on Earth is she doing?!?! Jankovic of all people... :lol: Only the next morning I learned the news that she won.

**mashafierce** Aug 10th, 2012 09:46 PM

That's an easy one.Cincy last year was the most dramatic horrible match I've watched her play but is my favorite cause she won her first title

Charlatan Aug 10th, 2012 09:51 PM

Some of my favorite slugfest, shit-shows from pova since the comeback :sobbing: so much fight, intensity, grit

Craig. Aug 10th, 2012 10:10 PM

Maria-Dulgheru :spit:

Chrissie-fan Aug 10th, 2012 10:11 PM

I don't remember well enough to say that it qualifies as a shitfest, but I always have this FO match against Schnyder from (I think) 2007 albeit vaguely in the back my mind when I think about Maria. It may not have been a shitfest, but it's my favorite fightback from the brink of defeat from Maria. Schnyder really should have won that match, but Maria just refused to lose.

Reptilia Aug 10th, 2012 10:41 PM

Great thread :worship: So much choice.

I'd have to go with the Rome final this year :spit:
vs. Ula Radwanksa LA 2009 also comes to mind :lol: That whole tournament was hilariously bad

Stonerpova Aug 10th, 2012 10:58 PM

Her match against Dulgheru was CLASSIC Fighterpova. I just re-watched the highlights and I can't believe that her forehand was ever that terrible. Footwork non-existent, serve a mess, and she still won :worship:

gc-spurs Aug 10th, 2012 11:00 PM

A Poova thread! :wavey:

Runner up with the little urn was probably FO vs Petrova in 2009 when she had just come back from injury, just cause it showed her fight and it was feel good.

The winner of this is BEIJING 2009 COMEBACK VS AZARENKA! You will often hear me reference it in the live scoring threads when she is losing.

Qetusi Aug 10th, 2012 11:06 PM

+ RG R4 vs klara Zakopalova

MM_1257 Aug 10th, 2012 11:28 PM

Uh, yeah, the Watson match in USO last year and the Garcia match and yes, Zakopalova match... And Rome 2012 final...

Break My Rapture Aug 11th, 2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigster (Post 22007976)
Maria-Dulgheru :spit:

OMFG THAT MATCH. :bigcry: :haha: You have no idea how happy I am (still) to have been sleeping while that match was robbing you all of your lives.

Trih Aug 11th, 2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desuetude (Post 22008701)
OMFG THAT MATCH. :bigcry: :haha: You have no idea how happy I am (still) to have been sleeping while that match was robbing you all of your lives.

That's comedy gold! :happy: I'm SO going to recycle this in other occasions (about other sports in other forums) :lol: :rolls: