TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465723)

MashaFan01 Aug 9th, 2012 08:46 AM

Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one?

Serena has planned to play this tournament as well

Link: the Western & Southern Open - Cincinnati - Link: Entry List

cautiouslip Aug 9th, 2012 09:19 AM

Re: Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one?

Would be nice to have a bit more optimistic and creative first post. :tape: But anyway Back to the hard courts, I hope she can Improve and get some solid matches under her belt before going to New York.

MM_1257 Aug 9th, 2012 09:43 AM

First of all, if her stomach issues are true, she needs to get healthy. If she indeed is having problems, she shouldn't go and play if she feels weak... Cincy is not more important than her health.

gc-spurs Aug 9th, 2012 10:00 AM

By Cincy her stomach problems would be well and done (or else we have much bigger problems than some poos), but the real issue would be if she can get strong enough. She'd probably be dehydrated and would've lost some weight.

Edit: OP you already gave her a stomach bug and sent her to hospital. SS cosmic forces say you're the jinx. Citation: Caiomohan Act 2010

Valkyre Aug 9th, 2012 10:44 AM

She will relax ;)

perseus2006 Aug 9th, 2012 01:34 PM

I hope Pova is healthy and able to give a good performance in Cinci.

It would be nice to have some competitive HC matches going into the USO, where I hope she can do extremely well.

MashaFan01 Aug 9th, 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cautiouslip (Post 21999333)
Would be nice to have a bit more optimistic and creative first post. :tape: But anyway Back to the hard courts, I hope she can Improve and get some solid matches under her belt before going to New York.

I'll chance the subject line as soon as we're sure that Masha is going to play :)

Stonerpova Aug 9th, 2012 06:34 PM

She better.

nelsondan Aug 9th, 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc-spurs (Post 21999440)
By Cincy her stomach problems would be well and done (or else we have much bigger problems than some poos), but the real issue would be if she can get strong enough. She'd probably be dehydrated and would've lost some weight.

The august 7 photos of practice, and in the red shirt.....I think she was already a little dehydrated. Ok soon, I hope.

MM_1257 Aug 9th, 2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsondan (Post 22001994)
The august 7 photos of practice, and in the red shirt.....I think she was already a little dehydrated. Ok soon, I hope.

I contributed that to jet leg and climate change... But it was suspicious that she kept cancelling practice sessions. But still, an ill person (especially with a stomach bug) would not IMO risk and go to a presser... Or maybe the bathrooms are indeed close... Still cannot buy that she had it in London before the final and then went on to go to a dinner with whole team and Handler. Weird... If you do not feel well, all sorts of "specialties" do not suit you... You do not have appetite. Anyway I hope she does get better soon...

Advantage Me Aug 9th, 2012 08:36 PM

She probably had too much sushi at Zuma. She has the best medical advisors. She won't be playing unless given the all clear. It is not important to be no.1.

AniaSharapova Aug 9th, 2012 09:02 PM

I attributed her dehydrated look from Montreal to jet lag and generally tired of travelling and playing many matches. Like Maja12 said, person who have issue with stomach would not risk to go to a press conference or eat in restaurant (what she did after final in OG). I still thinking that it's excuse from playing tournament back to back. But everything will be clear for us in next week because we'll see if she decides to play in Cincy or not.

Shivank17 Aug 10th, 2012 05:05 AM

I think she definitely will play here.

Hopefully a repeat of this :

Valkyre Aug 10th, 2012 07:45 AM

^^ How can she look so absolutely stunning after a 3 hour thriller final is beyond me really....

**mashafierce** Aug 10th, 2012 10:06 AM

Man that final was consuming and I watched it all.But in the end the near heart attack was worth it