TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465484)

MashaFan01 Aug 5th, 2012 06:58 PM

Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

Link: Rogers Cup - Montreal

**mashafierce** Aug 5th, 2012 07:11 PM

Re: Hard Court Season - Roger's Cup in Montreal

go hardcourtpova

perseus2006 Aug 5th, 2012 09:05 PM

Montreal should be a good tourny! Pova will be jet lagged, a lot worse for wear from the massive Pity Party, uncomfortable on HC and more interested in showing off her Silver Medal than getting to work playing tennis.

Hogg will earn his keep if he can get her to focus enough to win the first match.

killerqueen Aug 5th, 2012 10:32 PM

Took me so long to remember who beat Maria here last year. Completely forgot that it was my very own GalinaGoddess! :hearts:/:fiery:

Hoping that she gets a better result this time, if she actually shows up! :)

JamieOwen3 Aug 5th, 2012 10:37 PM

Go slay Maria :hearts: Get them points.

18majors Aug 5th, 2012 11:20 PM

Let's go, Maria!

killerqueen Aug 5th, 2012 11:34 PM

Is Maria going to be seeded second or third here? I'd have thought 3rd, but if the draw is at 1pm, the new rankings would probably be released by then...

18majors Aug 6th, 2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerqueen (Post 21983865)
Took me so long to remember who beat Maria here last year. Completely forgot that it was my very own GalinaGoddess! :hearts:/:fiery:

Hoping that she gets a better result this time, if she actually shows up! :)

Galina beat both Bartoli and Maria convincingly last year. Wonder if Maria will beat Galina this year if Galina is qualified into MD.

My hunch is that Maria will beat Galina this year, just like she finally beat Kirilenko in 2 sets at 2012 OG.

MiiMo Aug 6th, 2012 02:11 AM

Well, Sharapova played extermely bad in Toronto last year due to windy conditions, don't know how the weather will be this year at Montreal, hope it suits her better and that she'll go deep.
This is a good occasion for her to take back world number one spot, and, to save us from Agg1e (Please, let this never happen Mar1a) !

Stonerpova Aug 6th, 2012 03:11 AM

Why on earth is she playing? She's gotta be drained.

NashaP Aug 6th, 2012 03:32 AM

Maria should withdraw and just focus on Cinni instead. She's gonna be mentally and physically drained after the Olympics. I don't want her to crash out in r3 or r4 of us open. She should practice like hell on the hardcourts and try to go deep in cinni and I think she will be good for US open.

Valkyre Aug 6th, 2012 07:56 AM

She can start making up points now actually :)

Toronto is one of the tournaments Maria did not go so well last year, so here is hoping she will go further this time. Although it is going to be hard, she has been playing lots of tennis. Davai!

claypova Aug 6th, 2012 08:13 AM

Maria is playing Montreal? :confused:

when does the draw come out?

SilverSlam Aug 6th, 2012 09:37 AM

Re: Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

1PM on Monday, so today, but 1PM their time....

So, probably Tuesday for us in Aus :rolleyes:

But she wouldn't have to play until Thursday, plenty of time to settle down and focus.

Trih Aug 6th, 2012 09:48 AM

Re: Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

1PM Montreal time is 7h from now. :p I'd really like to see the draws, I just hope Maria is not tired from Olympics, but I'm sure if she decided to play she is fit for it. :)
I see only Federer and Serena aren't playing Toronto and Montreal, all the other top players are going, so I guess it's ok.