TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Prima Nina (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1328)
-   -   The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Games) (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=463633)

#kArLoS# Jul 9th, 2012 09:28 PM

The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Games)

Yanina starts the summer hardcourt even though in a few weeks she returns to Europe to play the Olympics.

She´s the seed #5 in Stanford(the field is pretty weak,it has to be said) and already won against KCC 75 26 75 but she was playing terrible and serving even worse. 8 breaks,11 DFs..A win is a win though :)

BTW her schedule is crazy :help: :cuckoo:

Dorien. Jul 10th, 2012 05:26 PM

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,Dallas,USO

:lol: I don't want to know how she was acting :o

#kArLoS# Jul 12th, 2012 09:51 PM

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,Dallas,USO

Yesterday,Yanina d Watson 57 61 64 : phew : :scared: :yeah:

I´m so happy that she served superbly in the last two sets. It was as if her serve had came back :cheer:,which is even more surprising after she lost the first set getting broken 4 times in 6 service games(led *4-2 too :spit:)

Well,it´s good to see she has lived to her seeding and God bless her because Bartoli has 99% of being the next one for her :tape: :help:

hellas719 Jul 13th, 2012 04:22 AM

QF :woohoo:
Bartoli is out of form so it's not impossible, althought I can't remember Nina ever beating Marion...

Dorien. Jul 13th, 2012 12:37 PM

After this two matches you cannot say Yanina is a great form either. So we will see.

Sam. Jul 13th, 2012 01:25 PM

I saw the last set between Yanina and Watson and she did some great shots :) Of course she did few stupid mistakes too, but her serve was better than in first round. Bartoli - Yanina 3-0 :help: and not even one set :sad: But let's go Nina :cheer:

#kArLoS# Jul 13th, 2012 10:58 PM

This got to be a huge surprise as Yanina won against Bartoli and pretty easily too, 63 62 :eek: :cool: :worship:

After the 1st set mess against Watson,her serve has got SO MUCH BETTER it´s amazing. It kinda looks as strong as 2008 I´d say,and her return game has improved tremendously too :cheer:.Marion did help with some UEs and DFS though :p

Easily her best win of the year,1st win against the Frenchwoman and 3rd top-ten win :hearts: :cheer: (and thank God this one wasn´t heart-attack like ;). She has a great shot at the finals as she plays LL Coco Vandeweghe next :eek:,but I remain catious, she serves big and plays big with her forehand...

#kArLoS# Jul 14th, 2012 10:43 PM

Nina lost to that Coco girl 62 36 62 :o :fiery:

I feel awful,that was such a wasted chance :facepalm: :banghead:

Dorien. Jul 15th, 2012 12:49 PM

I saw the first two sets and what a bad match from Yanina :o I cannot imagne how she won against Marion

WhoAmI? Jul 15th, 2012 10:27 PM

It's like she gets on top of a mountain (win over Bartoli), and instead of going forward, she just jumps off the cliff (losing to CoCo):facepalm:

Well, there's always another week to get our hopes up a bit just to crush them in the next moment, right?:cheer:

Dorien. Jul 18th, 2012 07:31 PM

Lower back injury again :sobbing:

#kArLoS# Jul 21st, 2012 03:07 PM

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Ga

I´m pretty concerned about her back acting again. And just with the OG just around the corner. Why oh why? :hysteric:

(Part of myself wants to believe she retired just for precaution and everything will be just fine at London but IDK :shrug:.Atleast I hope so :tears:)

#kArLoS# Jul 26th, 2012 11:56 AM

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Ga

OLYMPICS!

(Hope her back feels much better).Here´s the draw. Wimbledon 2012 anyone? :rolleyes: :o

(10)Na LI (CHN) vs Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK)
Alize CORNET (FRA) vs Tamira PASZEK (AUT)
Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) vs Yanina WICKMAYER (BEL)
(8)Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) vs Anne KEOTHAVONG (GBR)

Dorien. Jul 26th, 2012 02:14 PM

She should win a match.

#kArLoS# Jul 28th, 2012 04:20 PM

first Olympic win ever :hearts:.Though it was a mess,defeated AMG 62 46 75 :tape:

Yanina led 62 30* then collapsed losing 5 games in a row in no time. Then in the 3rd started strong breaking for a *2-0 lead but got broken, had a BP at 32* then lost the game and surrended another break easily. Then a *4-3 AMG had like 3GPs but Yanina somehow broke, got broken to 15 again :lol: :facepalm: and was down *5-4 *30-15 before she won 3 points in a row and broke and after that everything went fast on her side :cheer:

Wozniacki is next though. God I so want a win over her :sobbing: