TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=463590)

Julian. Jul 9th, 2012 07:45 AM

Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories?

Maria Sharapova's Career Grand Slam

Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2006, Australian Open 2008, Roland Garros 2012

MM_1257 Jul 9th, 2012 08:12 AM

Re: Which is your most favorite Sharapova's run to grand slam glories?

Can someone make a compilation of 4 pics of the photosessions after the victory, where she isn't in tennis clothes? You know, Masha with the trophy in NY, Paris, Wimby grounds etc...

Trih Jul 9th, 2012 08:16 AM

RG 2012: the one I was afraid I would never see again in my life. :hearts:

Maria Croft Jul 9th, 2012 08:18 AM

It's hard to decide.

Wimbledon will always be special because it was her first, and Wimbledon is probably the most special one to win for the players.
The Us Open because she was no longer a One-Slam-Wonder, that dress, and that hilarious moment with the trophy.
The Australian Open because of the exceptional form she showed.
Roland Garros because it's almost like a fairy-tale how she won them all in order, and the story of fight and endless determination that's behind it; completing the career Slam, first tennis player to win a Slam after shoulder surgery, first Russian to hold all four, she got back to number one etc, etc.

MM_1257 Jul 9th, 2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria Croft (Post 21809638)
It's hard to decide.

Wimbledon will always be special because it was her first, and Wimbledon is probably the most special one to win for the players.
The Us Open because she was no longer a One-Slam-Wonder, that dress, and that hilarious moment with the trophy.
Roland Garros because it's almost like a fairy-tale how she won them all in order, and the story of fight and endless determination that's behind it; completing the career Slam, first tennis player to win a Slam after shoulder surgery, first Russian to hold all four, she got back to number one etc, etc.

+1:worship:

Julian. Jul 9th, 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

It's hard to decide.

This is exactly the reason I came out with this poll :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova Jul 9th, 2012 09:46 AM

Emotionally they were all pretty special so it's hard to decide. But form-wise, definitely AO 2008. That was the moment that I thought she could dominate and rule the entire tennis world. :sobbing:

denny5576 Jul 9th, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

It's hard to decide.

Great post!
Thank you!

JoPova Jul 9th, 2012 11:46 AM

AO 08 because of the amazing set of tennis displayed.
RG 12 from an emotional point of view.

cautiouslip Jul 9th, 2012 12:36 PM

Aus open. she was so full of confidence and was playing unbelievably well. You can see it in her face how much belief she had in all 7 matches and she was just so in the zone which is something I really miss.

MM_1257 Jul 9th, 2012 01:23 PM

Form-wise, deffinitely AO 08.

Tennisvampire Jul 9th, 2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

It's hard to decide.

This! :worship:

For me, it's RG because of all the stuff that she went through and history surrounding it. And emotionally, I think that one and Wimbledon are her dearest. But I agree that if we watch only her tennis, definitely AO 2008 :hearts:

Stonerpova Jul 9th, 2012 02:25 PM

AO was a great moment because she played unbelievably well. And she played incredibly well at the USO, beating the top two ranked players. And that dress :hearts:

Even still, she could win 10 more slams and none of them would top RG for me. What a moment it was.

WowWow Jul 9th, 2012 02:35 PM

AO was flawless.

n1ko0 Jul 9th, 2012 04:35 PM

they were all fabulous runs, but i went with wimbledon as it was her first, and it was the tournament which made me fall in love with her !