TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=463327)

heelsrule1988 Jul 5th, 2012 07:26 PM

I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday

I'm sure I'll be the only one, but it's worth making a poll anyway.

Maria Croft Jul 5th, 2012 07:37 PM

Re: I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday

Why would I?

Like I care if Serena's serve... I mean of course Serena, wins yet another Slam.

Chrissie-fan Jul 5th, 2012 07:53 PM

I won't vote in your poll since I'm not a member of Sharapova's fanbase (although I admire her) and I guess the poll is for Maria fans only. But yes, I'll be rooting for Aga because for the sake of womens tennis I think it's important that we get a good competitive final and not another one sided beatdown. She doesn't HAVE to win for me (I'm ok with either one of them winning it), but I would like to see Radwanska give a good account of herself. So yes, I'll be rooting for her.

Not that I expect all that to be anymore than just wishful thinking because Serena is just too good.

stegall Jul 5th, 2012 07:57 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a competitive match,but I would like Serena to win..

NashaMasha Jul 5th, 2012 08:18 PM

Wimbledon winners: Serena, Venus, Masha, Martina ,Amelie Lindsay and Petra ...... Radwanska in this row is a disgrace for tennis

perseus2006 Jul 5th, 2012 08:37 PM

I would like ARad to win the W Final because she has eeked out so many wins so far this year it just seems that she has put in the work and earning the ultimate reward would be very special. It would be good for the WTA to have a full-time player stop Serenka.

And because it would prevent Serenka from taking another Major and thoroughly humiliate her.

And because it would really put a big wiggly bug in Vika's nose with Aga being W champ and World #1 and, just to make it like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, accomplishing this by beating the player who knocked her out of the tournament. So special!

NashaMasha Jul 5th, 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perseus2006 (Post 21788935)
I would like ARad to win the W Final because she has eeked out so many wins so far this year it just seems that she has put in the work and earning the ultimate reward would be very special. It would be good for the WTA to have a full-time player stop Serenka.

And because it would prevent Serenka from taking another Major and thoroughly humiliate her.

And because it would really put a big wiggly bug in Vika's nose with Aga being W champ and World #1 and, just to make it like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, accomplishing this by beating the player who knocked her out of the tournament. So special!

pls check the draw and tell me who deserves this title more

perseus2006 Jul 5th, 2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NashaMasha (Post 21788966)
pls check the draw and tell me who deserves this title more

There is no "deserve" in sports. You get what you earn, generally speaking.

Serenka overwhelmed her opponents with her serve. OK. The fact remains that she is a part timer and her every win makes the WTA look goofy.

Rerun Jul 5th, 2012 09:11 PM

I could never root for Aga, she is the evil

and who cares if Serena will win another slam?
I'm grateful she saved us from Vika's disgrace, now she has to finish the job :)

NashaMasha Jul 5th, 2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Serenka overwhelmed her opponents with her serve. OK. The fact remains that she is a part timer and her every win makes the WTA look goofy.
it's not Serena who makes WTA look goofy, its the weakest possible WTA .... Stosur, Li NA and Schiavone GS winners with only 3-5 titles in 12-year carriers ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rerun (Post 21789128)
I could never root for Aga, she is the evil

and who cares if Serena will win another slam?
I'm grateful she saved us from Vika's disgrace, now she has to finish the job :)

exactly

nelsondan Jul 5th, 2012 10:10 PM

I want Maria to win the u. s. open, and get loudest possible applause for doing so.

That would come with beating Wimbledon champion Serena, more than Wimbledon champion Radwanska.

Marilyn Monheaux Jul 5th, 2012 10:24 PM

I will never root for Radwanska. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by perseus2006 (Post 21789049)
There is no "deserve" in sports. You get what you earn, generally speaking.

Serena's 2012 schedule so far:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup (2x)
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon

How is that part-timing? Except for IW, she played every tourney she was supposed to play. :shrug:

Jack89 Jul 5th, 2012 11:07 PM

I can never root for Radwanska. I just can't.

Plus, I want Maria to end the year No 1 so I need to gap in points between Maria and Aga/Vika to stay as low as possible.

Trih Jul 5th, 2012 11:09 PM

I explained better why I won't root for Radwanska in the other thread, so let's just say I'm not a fan of either of them but right now I dislike Radwanska more than every other player :lol:

Lefty. Jul 5th, 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux (Post 21789424)
Serena's 2012 schedule so far:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup (2x)
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon

How is that part-timing? Except for IW, she played every tourney she was supposed to play. :shrug:

This. And even last year when she could only play from Wimbledon onwards was because of that pulmonary embolism that could have killed her.