TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=460008)

jrollaneres25 May 24th, 2012 01:17 PM

Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again?

As she has successfully relaunched her comeback tour since learning about her illness, I can't help but to wonder if she will ever have the strength, composer and confidence to plow through a draw and hoist another singles trophy.

Her last singles championship at a Major was back in 2008 at Wimbledon.(4 Years Ago)
Her last singles championship on tour was back in 2010 at Abierto Mexico Telcel in Acapulco. (2 Years Ago)

Her Best showing at a Major recently was back in 2010 when she made the Semifinals at the US Open and lost to eventual champion Kim Clijsters.

Tenis Srbija May 24th, 2012 01:19 PM

Re: Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title again?

Acapulco 2013. :yeah:

ElusiveChanteuse May 24th, 2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija (Post 21481375)

+1 if that still exists.:oh:

Sammo May 24th, 2012 01:46 PM

Tier II or lower.

stromatolite May 24th, 2012 01:47 PM

Can't see Venus winning a major, but she's still one of the better second-echelon players on the tour, so I would definitely give her a good chance of winning another title or two of some sort. If so, that could well be a tier 1 title, since not all tier 1 events are strongly contested by the top players. I wish her luck!

Shivank17 May 24th, 2012 01:47 PM

I definitely think she will. But I doubt if she can win a slam, but that's very much possible too at Wimbledon.

vozas May 24th, 2012 01:52 PM

Maybe she could go out of her way and whore the Asian swing for a change. She'd definitely blow all those weak-ass pushers away. Vulturenus :worship::worship:

Miracle Worker May 24th, 2012 01:56 PM

I don't know. I'm sure she is able to win singles titles again (slams too), but I don't know the future. She's Venus Williams and she will be able to win titles. She has game, brain, experience, power and motivation.

bobito May 24th, 2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija (Post 21481375)

Not if Sara Errani has anything to say about it.

Tenis Srbija May 24th, 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobito (Post 21481742)
Not if Sara Errani has anything to say about it.

Yeah, like Errani defeated anyone relevant when she won all those MM tournaments :lol:

P.S.
"She won't win another title, if she does, it will be a tier II or lower" :rolls:

Ryan May 24th, 2012 02:31 PM

Its definitely possible, but I think she needs to play a bit more before I could say how likely and what "level". When she's ON, she could win anything - just not sure how often that will happen anymore, or how long it would last.

I think, depending on her post-Olympic schedule, she could win New Haven, Cincinnati etc. as her first title this year.

sweetadri06 May 24th, 2012 02:32 PM

Of Course.

Slampova May 24th, 2012 02:37 PM

She'll probably win one of the US open series events if she plays a few over the summer. If not she can always play the MMs at the end of the year and try win Seoul again :lol:

Miracle Worker May 24th, 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caoimhan (Post 21481801)
She'll probably win one of the US open series events if she plays a few over the summer. If not she can always play the MMs at the end of the year and try win Seoul again :lol:

IIRC Maria Sharapova after her win in Wimbledon won few MMs in Asia too :oh:

HippityHop May 24th, 2012 03:17 PM

:lol::lol::lol: at the ass covering going on in this thread. :lol::lol::lol: