TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Sabine Lisicki (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1327)
-   -   Internationaux de Strasbourg (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=459653)

Ziva May 19th, 2012 05:45 PM

Internationaux de Strasbourg

Let's see if it brings her more luck, when i open the thread this time.

http://www.internationaux-strasbourg.fr/en

Main Draw

(1/wc)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
Elena Baltacha (GBR) v Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA)
Q v Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Q v (5)Mona Barthel (GER)

(4)Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v Anna Tatishvili (GEO)
Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) v Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU)
(wc)Alize Cornet (FRA) v Olga Govortsova (BLR)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v (7)Klara Zakopalova (CZE)

(6)Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)
(wc)Virginie Razzano (FRA) v Q
Timea Babos (HUN) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v (3)Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

(8)Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Q
Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v Anne Keothavong (GBR)
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (2)Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

everythingtaboo May 19th, 2012 06:03 PM

Re: Internationaux de Strasbourg

What a shit draw. I can see Hradecka or Barthel giving her some trouble. Just hoping for a few matches on clay before Paris next week. She need's to start building up some points before the grass season.

Ziva May 19th, 2012 06:09 PM

If Barthel plays like she played during the last weeks, Sabine won't stand a chance, but she first has to get there anyways :unsure:

Geekking May 19th, 2012 06:31 PM

Not a tough draw till 3th round. Sabine never played against Parmentier. Parmentier is not in good shape and she also played 3setter match against Erakovic and lost it in Bucharest. 2nd round will be against Foretz Gacon who is an ITF Player and doesn't have good clay records this year. 3th round will be tough.

jasonwright25 May 19th, 2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everythingtaboo (Post 21453453)
What a shit draw. I can see Hradecka or Barthel giving her some trouble. Just hoping for a few matches on clay before Paris next week. She need's to start building up some points before the grass season.

Really? If this is a shitty draw, then she's just a shitty player.

everythingtaboo May 19th, 2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonwright25 (Post 21453926)
Really? If this is a shitty draw, then she's just a shitty player.

Hardly. Hradecka and Barthel are good players.

maturedgirl May 19th, 2012 11:18 PM

I don' like the draw but she has to take it as it comes. Barthel I liked to see in the other half but it depends all on her training level. When she is near 50% she should win two rds (for the confidance)if not, she can immediately drive on to Paris to accustom the courts there and enjoy the city #gl saby:yeah:

wooh so tired now but love saturday nights :yawn:

Michael! May 19th, 2012 11:19 PM

well, we shouldn´t think about Barthel or Hradecka already, I mean, first it is most important for her to beat Parmentier and then Baltacha or Foretz, those are all must wins actually but u never know with Sabine, especially now after her injury break.
So I would be already totally satisfied if she would reach QF here, that should be her goal here, a win over Barthel or Hradecka would be more than I expect from these days to be honest, good luck!

jasonwright25 May 20th, 2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everythingtaboo (Post 21454632)
Hardly. Hradecka and Barthel are good players.

Lucie Hradecka? The 27 year old that's never seen the 3rd round of a Grand Slam? Or seen the top 40 of the singles rankings? Come on, if that's a tough draw for Lisicki then she's not a top player at all.

I'll give you Barthel is an up and comer but still. This is the furthest thing from a shit draw.

Lisickifan84 May 20th, 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael! (Post 21454989)
well, we shouldn´t think about Barthel or Hradecka already, I mean, first it is most important for her to beat Parmentier and then Baltacha or Foretz, those are all must wins actually but u never know with Sabine, especially now after her injury break.
So I would be already totally satisfied if she would reach QF here, that should be her goal here, a win over Barthel or Hradecka would be more than I expect from these days to be honest, good luck!

I totally agree. She must win these two rounds (not because she is so much better these days, but she needs it for her confidence) and then we will see. Don't forget that she has already won against Mona at the beginning of this year. (I know that says nothing at all, but still.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonwright25 (Post 21455107)
Lucie Hradecka? The 27 year old that's never seen the 3rd round of a Grand Slam? Or seen the top 40 of the singles rankings? Come on, if that's a tough draw for Lisicki then she's not a top player at all.

I'll give you Barthel is an up and comer but still. This is the furthest thing from a shit draw.

I agree too. But on the other hand is Sabine not a top player at the moment and so we can't say if she has a chance to win even against such a player like Lucie. Sabine would win it if she would be in a good shape. Thats not a question for me.

everythingtaboo May 20th, 2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonwright25 (Post 21455107)

I was thinking more the Lucie Hradecka who beat Sam Stosur and Petra Kvitova on clay just weeks ago. On a good day she can be a big threat to anyone.

everythingtaboo May 20th, 2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 (Post 21456844)
I agree too. But on the other hand is Sabine not a top player at the moment and so we can't say if she has a chance to win even against such a player like Lucie. Sabine would win it if she would be in a good shape. Thats not a question for me.

That's true. She hasn't been in form since... Australian Open, really. 2011 Wimbledon Sabine would wipe all those players of the court.

Anyways, back on topic. Focusing on the 1R against Pauline. Auf geht's.

Lisickinator May 20th, 2012 03:56 PM

Tomorrow 3rd match after 1100 CET on center court.

And yes, there will be a stream. :bounce:

Jimmie48 May 20th, 2012 04:20 PM

Awesome :)

Ziva May 20th, 2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisickinator (Post 21460584)
Tomorrow 3rd match after 1100 CET on center court.

And yes, there will be a stream. :bounce:

it's 2nd march after 12:30 PM, so probably 2:30 PM

I will not be able to watch nooooooo !! :sad: