TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Anapolis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665)
-   -   Ana's Ranking Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=459506)

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 10:38 PM

Ana's Ranking Thread
 
Ana's Ranking Thread. I'll update 1st post weekly.


Code:


2012 Year End Ranking: 13

Current ranking: 13
1        Azarenka, Victoria        BLR        10595        18
2        Sharapova, Maria        RUS        10045        17
3        Williams, Serena        USA        9400        15
4        Radwanska, Agnieszka        POL        7425        22
5        Kerber, Angelique        GER        5550        21
6        Errani, Sara                ITA        5100        23
7        Li, Na                        CHN        5095        18
8        Kvitova, Petra                CZE        5085        20
9        Stosur, Samantha        AUS        4135        23
10        Wozniacki, Caroline        DEN        3765        23
11        Bartoli, Marion                FRA        3740        25
12        Petrova, Nadia                RUS        3040        22
13        Ivanovic, Ana                SRB        2900        19
14        Kirilenko, Maria        RUS        2540        22
15        Cibulkova, Dominika        SVK        2495        27

Countable Points
Expired                Tournament        System        Dir/Ext        Point

Jan 7, 2013        Brisbane        P10        Extra        60
Jan 28, 2013        Australian Open        GS        Direct        280
Feb 18, 2013        Doha                P5        Extra        70
Feb 25, 2013        Dubai                P10        Extra        120
Mar 18, 2013        Indian Wells        PM        Direct        450
Apr 1, 2013        Miami                PM        Direct        140
May 13, 2013        Madrid                PM        Direct        140
May 20, 2013        Rome                P5        Option        125
Jun 10, 2013        Roland Garros        GS        Direct        160
Jul 8, 2013        Wimbledon        GS        Direct        280
Aug 5, 2013        Olympics        OLM        Extra        95
Sep 9, 2013        US Open                GS        Direct        500
Sept 29, 2013        Tokyo                P5        Option        70
Oct 7, 2013        Beijing                PM        Direct        140
Oct 14, 2013        Linz            INT        Extra        70
Oct 21, 2013        Brisbane        P10        Extra        60

UnCountable Points
Expired                Tournament        System        Dir/Ext Point

Jan  14 2013        Sydney                P10        Extra          1
Apr  27 2013        Stuttgart        P10        Extra          1
Aug  13 2013    Montreal        P5      Extra    1


Race Ranking: 13


Recent ranking history:
Date                        Rank                Point

05.11.2012              13              2900
29.10.2012              12              2900
22.10.2012              12              2900
15.10.2012              12              3105
08.10.2012              12              3035
01.10.2012              12              3145
24.09.2012              12              3200
17.09.2012              12              3200
10.09.2012              12              3200
03.09.2012              12              2980
27.08.2012              12              2980
20.08.2012              12              2980
13.08.2012              12              3020
06.08.2012              12              3085
23.07.2012              12              3190
16.07.2012              12              3190
09.07.2012              12              3190
24.06.2012              14              3070
17.06.2012              14              3070
10.06.2012              14              3070
28.05.2012                14                2975
21.05.2012              13              2975
14.05.2012                15                2920
07.05.2012                15                2850
30.04.2012                15                2785
23.04.2012                15                2785
16.04.2012                15                2785
09.04.2012                14                2785
02.04.2012                14                2785
19.03.2012                16                2785
05.03.2012                16                2585
06.02.2012              18              2535
02.01.2012              22              2260
02.12.2011              22              2260
31.10.2011              26              1945

Sources: http://www.tenismaclari.com
LIVE WTA RANKING
LIVE WTA 2012 RACE
Ana Ivanovic Current Ranking page

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 10:39 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Ana will rise to 13 unless Cibulkova reaches final or Penetta wins title.

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 10:52 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajka (Post 21441346)
No. But I know that she needs 2 things.

First and most important - to be consistent, reach R3, R4 and QF. :shrug:

Second: Top 4 players must keep on dominating.

That's all. :shrug: And if she manages to reach top 8 somehow, it will all be much easier.

I think that we can't expect her to do well at OG, playing for her country makes her too nervous. Let's hope that she'll reach some slam QF. Being in Aga's quarter in Paris or in Petra's quarter in NY should be enough. 25%

OK! Perhaps it will happen.

Ana is in a ranking spot that is a bit dangerous. She is garanteed to face a top 4 player before QF and top 4 players are quite consistent this year. 16 tournaments count towards Ana's ranking and only 5 are QFs or better. So she had 11 early round losses. To be a top 10 player she will need to start to have some wins over top players, because she needs QFs/SFs/Fs to count towards her ranking. 3rd and 4th rounds are ok, but enough only to be top 15 player, not more than that.

Ana seems to have this block against top players.. she just freezes. She will need to get over that if she wants to go up the rankings, because she will be facing a top player everytime before QF.

I also expect her to flame early at OG.. I think its a matter of wanting too much and then burning herself, when it comes to playing for Serbia.

I also hope foor a cushy draw at RG... Someone really easy for 3rd round and then Aga or Petra for 4th round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajka (Post 21441424)
I count her points after every match. :lol: Now her ranking depends on Dominika and Flavia. Flavia's chances of winning Rome are slim, but we also need Cibulkova to lose before the final. Go Li, I say. But we also need Li to lose early in Paris.

Even if Li loses early in Paris, she is already very very close to Ana in post RG rankings (those with a 0 for RG). And Li has been consistently making QFs, which Ana isn't doing.. she is likely to be ahead of Ana after RG anyway.

Cajka May 17th, 2012 10:56 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
As I said we need her to say consistent. Many players are in a slump, so she can't afford herself early losses. She needs top 4 players to be consistent whenever they don't have Ana in their part of draw. :lol: And she needs the players who are ranked higher than her and lower than top 4 to lose early. Given their current form, it should happen. Be a good girl, Ana and listen to your coach, he's awesome. And hire a real fitness coach and some psychologist.

JAS_ May 17th, 2012 11:01 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
I also think we need a GIF thread. We really are the worst when it comes to gifs. Maybe there can be a collection of Ana's gifs here (and/or others') so they can be used in the GM fights ;) (that's for those of us who occasionally venture there and engage in illuminating GM conversations; the others please refrain from feeding the GM haters who lurk around here at all times :scared:)

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:01 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Post RG rankings as of today (17/05):

Kerber - 3380 - 9 (Still in Rome)
Zvonareva - 3160 - 10
Ana - 2910 - 11
Lisicki - 2692 - 12
Cibulkova - 2630 - 13 (Still in Rome)
Na Li - 2570 - 14 (Still in Rome)
Petkovic - 2421 - 15
Pennetta - 2310 - 16 (Still in Rome)

Today's loss really hurts Ana's chance of a top 10 spot. One of Li - Cibulkova will definitely get extra points as they face each other in the QF. And Na Li is likely to have a much better draw to a QF than Ana, which could get her past Ana post RG, and she doesn't have anything to defend after that.

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:04 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajka (Post 21441526)
As I said we need her to say consistent. Many players are in a slump, so she can't afford herself early losses. She needs top 4 players to be consistent whenever they don't have Ana in their part of draw. :lol: And she needs the players who are ranked higher than her and lower than top 4 to lose early. Given their current form, it should happen. Be a good girl, Ana and listen to your coach, he's awesome. And hire a real fitness coach and some psychologist.

Most of Ana's losses are early losses.. :shrug: She needs to stop losing early and start making QFs and SFs.. and maybe Fs here and there. All 3rd and 4th rounds won't take her anywhere. That's basically what she has in her ranking right now.

Cajka May 17th, 2012 11:22 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaviotabr (Post 21441569)
Most of Ana's losses are early losses.. :shrug: She needs to stop losing early and start making QFs and SFs.. and maybe Fs here and there. All 3rd and 4th rounds won't take her anywhere. That's basically what she has in her ranking right now.

I was referring to R1 losses. Losing before QF is also bad, but R1 losses is what she definitely can't afford. She needs to reach R3 or R4 to be in a position to play against big players. First she needs to win a set against any of them. It will be a huge progress for her, because she'll realize that the win is not out of reach. Actually, if she didn't realize it in Rome and Madrid, she never will. Her progress is veeery slow, but she's still doing better than she did.

fANAtic May 17th, 2012 11:26 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Well, she looses early because she always stumbles upon a consistent top 4 player.

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:29 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajka (Post 21441612)
I was referring to R1 losses. Losing before QF is also bad, but R1 losses is what she definitely can't afford. She needs to reach R3 or R4 to be in a position to play against big players. First she needs to win a set against any of them. It will be a huge progress for her, because she'll realize that the win is not out of reach. Actually, if she didn't realize it in Rome and Madrid, she never will. Her progress is veeery slow, but she's still doing better than she did.

The problem is that she is choking against each top player she plays. Chokes always come back to bite.. that crunch time only gets harder when you know the last time you had it you wasted 5 MPs or 7 SPs. It's not as if she is having competitive losses.. so the problem is deeper than realizing she can win.

I think she has shown progress in the fact that she has barely lost 1st rounds in the past year. Only 3. But 2nd rounds and 3rd rounds abound in her ranking.. and really, can only get her as far as being a 11-15 player. And having that ranking means she will need to beat top players to reach a QF.. but she is choking like crazy against them.. vicious cicle.

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:32 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fANAtic (Post 21441623)
Well, she looses early because she always stumbles upon a consistent top 4 player.

Yes.. but that's why I was saying she is in a dangerous ranking spot. If she wants to get to top 10 she will need to find a way to start beating those top players. If she keeps on choking or becoming a nervous wreck as soon as she sees a top player across the net, then it gets very tough to move up.

Cajka May 17th, 2012 11:44 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaviotabr (Post 21441631)
The problem is that she is choking against each top player she plays. Chokes always come back to bite.. that crunch time only gets harder when you know the last time you had it you wasted 5 MPs or 7 SPs. It's not as if she is having competitive losses.. so the problem is deeper than realizing she can win.

I think she has shown progress in the fact that she has barely lost 1st rounds in the past year. Only 3. But 2nd rounds and 3rd rounds abound in her ranking.. and really, can only get her as far as being a 11-15 player. And having that ranking means she will need to beat top players to reach a QF.. but she is choking like crazy against them.. vicious cicle.

I agree, but at the moment the only think we can hope for is that she'll be reaching the rounds that were projected for her in a draw and that she'll use some of her chances to make some serious damage. That's how she got to top 15 ranking after all. She was #17 to #24 for the most of the time during the slump and once she found the right moment she stepped up. That's what she needs now, but this time it will be a bigger step. Last year before Wimbledon I just wanted her to stop losing in R1. OK, those days are far behind us. Now she must find the way to overcome bigger obstacles. If she, somehow, reaches #12 at some point, it will, of course get easier, but she needs a big win to get there. Let's all pray. :bigcry:

Cp6uja May 17th, 2012 11:47 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Hi gaviotabr, and welcome back! :wavey:

As someone who have experience with presenting stats/results on this forum I strongly recommend You to use CODE option instead QUOTE.


OK... I edited this post now to not confuse visitors with OP.

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:53 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cp6uja (Post 21441668)
Hi gaviotabr, and welcome back! :wavey:

As someone who have experience with presenting stats/results on this forum I strongly recommend You to use CODE option instead QUOTE. For Yours opening post use (copy/paste) this code part of this my post, and than EDIT it every week with new data.

Thanks!!! Already changed. You are welcome to add anything!

gaviotabr May 17th, 2012 11:58 PM

Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajka (Post 21441659)
I agree, but at the moment the only think we can hope for is that she'll be reaching the rounds that were projected for her in a draw and that she'll use some of her chances to make some serious damage. That's how she got to top 15 ranking after all. She was #17 to #24 for the most of the time during the slump and once she found the right moment she stepped up. That's what she needs now, but this time it will be a bigger step. Last year before Wimbledon I just wanted her to stop losing in R1. OK, those days are far behind us. Now she must find the way to overcome bigger obstacles. If she, somehow, reaches #12 at some point, it will, of course get easier, but she needs a big win to get there. Let's all pray. :bigcry:

17-24 can actually get much better draws the 13-16. Ana has the worst ranking spot right now for draws. She desperately needs to move up.

I guess RG will be very important.. If Ana manages to go deeper than Lisicki, Cibulkova and Pennetta, she is likely to be 12. It would be important to get a top 12 seed for Wimbledon.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.