TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Mansion of the Princess Chakvetadze (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=759)
-   -   Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=457833)

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 06:29 PM

Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Ok i have made the thread for the clay season 2012.

1st stop stuttgart qualies.

QR1 - chakvetadze bt cristea - 6-0, 6-1

QR2 - chakvetadze bt pavlovic - 6-1, 3-6, 6-3

QFR - chakvetadze bt bondarenko 6-3, 7-6

MDR1 - chakvetadze lost to cornet 3-6, 4-6

Points earned - 21, Prize money earned - $5,500

Madrid -

QR1 - chakvetadze bt mattek-sands 6-4, 6-4

QFR -

Points earned so far - 20

Total clay points earned - 41

clay season schedule - stuttgart, madrid, rome, brussels and french open.

good luck Anna

King Halep Apr 21st, 2012 07:03 PM

Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

with that schedule i have no expectations so each win is a shock to me. good win against the romanian especially if she totally outplayed her

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 07:19 PM

btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open. the entry list is out and she isn't in the MD as you cant you a PR to enter 2 slams. her ranking as it is will be way off qualifying entry cut off to. so she will need a wildcard to play. i would hope she gets a qualifying wildcard as it is 50 points to win a round in qualies of a slam and that would be against a non top 100 player.

Wintermute Apr 21st, 2012 07:25 PM

Love the scoreline but a bit shocked by it too, especially considering it's on clay. I thought Sorana had been playing a lot better recently too. But I suppose when I've seen her lose before she really has switched into 'brainless ballbasher' mode and the errors fly.

Anyway it's very nice and the next round looks like an easier prospect: Irena Pavlovic or wildcard Julia Kimmelmann.

Wintermute Apr 21st, 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy01 (Post 21296418)
btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open.

Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 07:30 PM

cirstea has been in good form this year, she is #29 in the race. the thing that cirstea has been doing this year is turning around her form when in brainless basher mode. if you look at some of her scorelines she has turned a lot of matches round.

while i don't doubt cirstea was probably a mess, it is positive anna didn't throw in 3 or 4 games of df's and errors herself. when she beat niculescu and pironkova in hobart i liked she was trying to play consistent yet aggressive tennis without ball bashing. if she draws shrarpova or vika, yeah then go for it, but while she is working her way back up the rankings and playing lower ranked girls chak's consistent flat strikes that are well placed are more than enough to beat most of them.

King Halep Apr 21st, 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 21296470)
Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.

there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 07:39 PM

good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).

_inocencia_ Apr 21st, 2012 07:58 PM

no DF, what about UE? does anyone know that? ue tell a bit of story if there's no stream

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 08:27 PM

chakvetadze will play pavlovic who just won in 3 sets. she is world #198 and that is all i know about her. on paper it looks like a nice draw, especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.

Wintermute Apr 21st, 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy01 (Post 21296810)
especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.

And it took her three tough sets to defeat world #675.

King Halep Apr 21st, 2012 09:34 PM

third rd going to be tough

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 09:47 PM

yep almost certainly to be katya bondarekno who has beaten chak before and is having an ok season

Fantasy Hero Apr 21st, 2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 21296470)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melange (Post 21296533)
there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days

well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy01 (Post 21296551)
good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).

well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)

sammy01 Apr 21st, 2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero (Post 21297744)
well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC ;)

well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)

QvsQ would be best me thinks, especially given a few of the seeds have lost in qualies so might be some lower ranked surprise qualifiers.

i think pennetta on clay would still be very tough for anna right now

oh and anna plays last (4th match) on court 1 tomorrow, play starts at 11am