TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Miami. 2012 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455880)

jameshazza Mar 19th, 2012 01:23 AM

Miami. 2012

On to the next one Masha, slay some Bitches :cheer:
New Tournament, New Dress :cheer:

dsanders06 Mar 19th, 2012 01:39 AM

Re: Miami. 2012

If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim :drool: Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA :lol: and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

jameshazza Mar 19th, 2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanders06 (Post 21122420)
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim :drool: Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA :lol: and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

This also because I hate the fluke H2H with Clijsters, 5-3 in Kim's favour - 2 from '03 and another 2 matches ('05 USO SF and '10 Cinci final) that Masha should have won.

I'm not sure whether she'll play either but if she does I'd like a SF just for the points or a QF at the very least.

Craig. Mar 19th, 2012 01:54 AM

I'd like to see some quality play as well as some quality wins if possible. :)

Oh and win the title. I'll be pissed the fuck off if she retires without a Miami title. I WANT IT BAD.

madmax Mar 19th, 2012 02:32 AM

I'm not sure if her foot will really allow her to compete to her best in South Beach...I'm starting to think that her sluggish footwork may indeed be a result of some sort nagging injury. She was already very sluggish against Baby Anci and today it just got exposed big time by Azarenka. Anyway, if she's indeed fine I hope she reaches the final again and I PRAY that she is not facing belorussian in the final this time arround...

Maria rocks Mar 19th, 2012 07:40 AM

Come On Maria You Can Win This Title Xx

MaruSharapova Mar 19th, 2012 08:00 AM

On to the next!

Trih Mar 19th, 2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanders06 (Post 21122420)
Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

If she somehow puts that old fire on court it would be enough for at least another final. :lol:
Best of the luck for Miami, I hope in a good tournament and at least SF's.. then everything could happen!

JoPova Mar 19th, 2012 10:09 AM

Well done James! ;) Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy :hearts: but that's just a dream! :D)

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

Mistress of Evil Mar 19th, 2012 11:56 AM

Make QFs/SFs and play some decent tennis, please!

lefty24 Mar 19th, 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jechijo (Post 21123197)
Well done James! ;) Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy :hearts: but that's just a dream! :D)

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

I think the ceremony is at 11:30.

Trih Mar 19th, 2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty24 (Post 21123506)
I think the ceremony is at 11:30.

What time for CET?

doomsday Mar 19th, 2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trih (Post 21123646)
What time for CET?

19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then :sad: the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it :lol:

Tennisvampire Mar 19th, 2012 02:06 PM

Although I don't have very high expectations for this one, if she's healthy and doesn't draw Serena in her quarter, she could easily reach another semifinal at the very least. But, I'm a little bit worried about that ankle :sad: I just hope that she'll play some nice tennis this and following week, and that her ground strokes will finally kick back in. I'm starting to miss the period when her serve was disastrous, but her ground game very strong :eek:

Good luck Masha :cheer: Let's do some slaying :devil:

lefty24 Mar 19th, 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomsday (Post 21123729)
19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then :sad: the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it :lol:

I don't think she needs a new coach. A lot players switch coaches all the time when their game sings perfect and it just doesn't work.
Do you really think Maria should hire a new coach just to beat one girl? He's done wonders with Maria. It's her own fault she can't bring it. She has all the tools.