TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=452893)

tonybotz Jan 30th, 2012 11:58 PM

Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again?

Is Serena Done?!

TheWizardHat Jan 31st, 2012 12:00 AM

Re: Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again?

Yes. Serena will not win another slam.

tonybotz Jan 31st, 2012 12:01 AM

if she loses wimbledon this year, i will be extremely surprised. i think that's her best hope - but if she plays like she did against Makraova, she'll be out.

nfl46 Jan 31st, 2012 12:11 AM

After this year, she is done. With the Olympics coming up, she may win that one...but thats not considered a Grand Slam.

Annie. Jan 31st, 2012 12:12 AM

I know this isn't a Venus fan asking if Serena is past her peak??

Helen Lawson Jan 31st, 2012 12:36 AM

I think she will win another major, but no one can claim she isn't past her peak. Her peak is long behind her.

LoLex Jan 31st, 2012 12:39 AM

Leave Rena alone. She can still surprise you.

mauresmofan Jan 31st, 2012 12:44 AM

Yes she's past her peak but can certainly win Slams no doubt about it. Just because she played one crappy match against a player playing out of her mind in Oz doesn't mean she is done. She's a ferocious competitor and can win at the US and Wimbledon, whether she will or not....time will tell.

tonybotz Jan 31st, 2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauresmofan (Post 20872646)
Yes she's past her peak but can certainly win Slams no doubt about it. Just because she played one crappy match against a player playing out of her mind in Oz doesn't mean she is done. She's a ferocious competitor and can win at the US and Wimbledon, whether she will or not....time will tell.

TWO crappy matches - the US Open loss against Stosur was total WTF. Not to mention losing to Bartoli at W...

JCTennisFan Jan 31st, 2012 12:54 AM

No, she isnt done. She has some more fight in her. All the greats lasted a pretty long time.... Graf was winning slams at 30 and Nav was getting to Fs in her late 30s. Serena is more physically gifted than either of the other two ladies, so I cant see why she cant continue for a while longer. Whether she wants to or not, thats a whole different story.

mauresmofan Jan 31st, 2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybotz (Post 20872651)
TWO crappy matches - the US Open loss against Stosur was total WTF. Not to mention losing to Bartoli at W...

Both Stosur and especially Bartoli probably played their absolute best against Serena. Stosur used her kick serve to great effect and even her backhand wasn't breaking down. I couldn't believe the level of Bartoli in that Wimbledon match, she played ballsy tennis - all risk and all reward. Had she been even a fraction off her game Serena would have turned it around and Serena played pretty damn good considering she hadn't been able to play for almost a year.

lang26 Jan 31st, 2012 12:58 AM

Not worry about Serena at all she will win at least 5-7 more slam before her carrer over if not more. As far her past her peak. She always pick up her game when it time for majors so she peak again lol. I more Worry about Venus due to the fact her health problem and Losing early in the slams.

Renalicious Jan 31st, 2012 01:41 AM

Oh please. It's Serena f*cking Williams. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if somehow she manages to win all the other grand slams this year. :lol:

She's not done. She'll win at least two or three more.

Renalicious Jan 31st, 2012 01:42 AM

(Personally I think she will win about 4 or 5 more.)

Stamp Paid Jan 31st, 2012 02:13 AM

No, no, no. You don't make this thread for a 13-time slam winner.