TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Taylor Townsend Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=452677)

Maza1987 Jan 27th, 2012 01:17 AM

Taylor Townsend Thread

Really think it's time for her to have her own thread for us to follow her.
She has made it to the oz open junior semi this week.:)

CrossCourt~Rally Jan 27th, 2012 01:25 AM

Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

Good idea :yeah:

She takes on Krista Hardebeck in the semis later today... GL! :bounce:

Inger67 Jan 27th, 2012 05:00 AM

She just won! 7-6, 6-4! Into the final!!!! Omg yes :) I've been following her results ever since I first heard about her at the USO last year in qualies. I watched her play a little bit against Coco at the AO WC playoff and I was pretty impressed. Yeah she wasn't too consistent, but she still hit a big ball and she definitely has a lot of potential. Only 15! :bounce: It will be a tough final if she plays Yulia :scared:

cowsonice Jan 27th, 2012 07:18 AM

I'm really really happy for Taylor even though I'm much more of a Krista fan. :)

She's really made strides in her game and it's so nice to see her progress.

But a part of me wonders how her BFF Gabrielle Andrews feels. Before USO qualies, it was pretty common that people put Andrews over Taylor...

Inger67 Jan 27th, 2012 07:32 AM

I just looked at the draw and noticed this: If Taylor wins she will give her "BFF" Gabby the wooden spoon award! :hysteric:

Andrews lost to Doroshina
Doroshina lost to Cadar
Cadar lost to Ozaki
Ozaki lost to Bouchard
Bouchard lost to Putintseva
Putintesva vs. Townsend

Maza1987 Jan 27th, 2012 11:14 AM

and she won the dubs final with andrews
gl in the final

CrossCourt~Rally Jan 27th, 2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maza1987 (Post 20852146)
and she won the dubs final with andrews
gl in the final

:woohoo:

Now GL in the singles finals :D:bounce: Hopefully TTC will have live coverage :cool:

TrojanStallion Jan 27th, 2012 02:49 PM

Congrats on winning the girls doubles title, and good luck in the singles final!!! :D

But, i just randomly thought of something, having noticed Taylor & Gabby play alot of doubles together, and rather successfully for being only 15. What if they continue playing doubles together, and do so on the pro circuit as well? I know doubles team are always switching things up all the time, but has a doubles team played regularly in the juniors, and transitioned into a successful pro team?

erschloy214 Jan 27th, 2012 06:23 PM

Taylor seems like she has great potential....I hope she brings it in the final and wins!

erschloy214 Jan 27th, 2012 06:25 PM

Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.

cowsonice Jan 27th, 2012 06:45 PM

Taylor is a lefty with a decent serve but the most impressive part of her game is her net skills and touch. Groundies are good as well. She reminds me a bit of Donald Young, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Uranium Jan 27th, 2012 10:58 PM

Junior AO Doubles Champs.

Maza1987 Jan 27th, 2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erschloy214 (Post 20853747)
Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.

Never seen her play, but according to reports she's more like kimiko date krumm rather than a kleybanova.
And that's a good thing imo. It's the fact that she is atypical which is why, imo, the juniors struggle against her and why I believe she will have a good pro career.

Uranium Jan 28th, 2012 03:15 AM

Won the singles 6-1 3-6 6-3. Grace at USO and Taylor at Aussie, good job to the teens:p

Day Dreamer Jan 28th, 2012 03:46 AM

Congrats Taylor :bounce: