TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   How To Not Freak Out Tomorrow (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=452668)

jameshazza Jan 26th, 2012 09:46 PM

How To Not Freak Out Tomorrow

First thread, gonna be such a fail. :bigcry:
OK, I know we're all gonna be super anxious tomorrow. especially as waiting a full day will seem agonising after back to back QF and SF. If you all are anything like me, then I'm sure you sometimes genuinely feel like fainting during Masha matches. So to make this wait a 'lil less nerve-wracking I've put together a list of suggestions to distract us.

*Play PS3/XBOX 360. Preferably a game like Skyrim where you can be absorbed for hours on end.

*Read a book, preferably a good one, so your mind won't wander.

*Watch a film, on TV not computer. You will end up here which will make you worse. Or even worse, you'll end up watching Miami final highlights :hysteric:

*Pack out your schedule, I mean really pack it out. Visit your gran/ other distant relative. Phone all those people you've been meaning to and talk for as long as possible.

Then in the few hours before the match, we come here, get all our worries/ dramatics/ excitement somewhat out of the system. Then we get ready to support Masha to the last ball.

*More suggestions welcome.*

atominside Jan 26th, 2012 09:56 PM

Re: How To Not Freak Out Tomorrow

Lovely thread :sobbing:

lefty24 Jan 26th, 2012 10:16 PM

:worship:
I was so nervous yesterday I don't know how I'm gonna handle the final without freaking out.
To make it worse the final is at 3am for me so I'm probably gonna be to anxious to sleep before hand.
For me, reading helps the most.

jameshazza Jan 26th, 2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty24 (Post 20850409)
:worship:
I was so nervous yesterday I don't know how I'm gonna handle the final without freaking out.
To make it worse the final is at 3am for me so I'm probably gonna be to anxious to sleep before hand.
For me, reading helps the most.

That was me for SF, but I was so exhausted from QF I managed to sleep. The final isn't until 8.00AM with me so I should manage to eventually fall asleep tomorrow night.

Charlatan Jan 26th, 2012 10:25 PM

great suggestion :lol:
i was actually switching 'watching youtube' and 'watching her match' back and forth last night when she was almost broken in the 3rd set a lot of times. thought it would kind of put your stress away and lead you to focus on another thing, but it didn't work so well

and i don't think it'd work either when u do one of those things in ur list before the match. u'd freak out nevertheless once the match begins :bigcry: but i think it depends of yourself: if u r an emotional dramatic superstitious person like me, things will always go this way :sobbing:

jameshazza Jan 26th, 2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickfalsetto (Post 20850447)
great suggestion :lol:
i was actually switching 'watching youtube' and 'watching her match' back and forth last night when she was almost broken in the 3rd set a lot of times. thought it would kind of put your stress away and lead you to focus on another thing, but it didn't work so well

and i don't think it'd work either when u do one of those things in ur list before the match. u'd freak out nevertheless once the match begins :bigcry: but i think it depends of yourself: if u r an emotional dramatic superstitious person like me, things will always go this way :sobbing:

NID, I just wanna try and postpone it :bigcry:

Lucas_Arg Jan 27th, 2012 12:25 AM

I can't go out if I want so watch the match or at least not get drunk.
I will freak out, I mean winner gets all! The slam and N 1!
It's been such a long and hard road back to the top and it's so so close.
I know I should calm down because if she looses I will be devastated...

Fighterpova Jan 27th, 2012 06:35 AM

I am so nervous as well, I can't stop thinking about it :tape:
The final for me is tomorrow at 9.30 am so it wont be a problem :lol:

She has fought so hard and been through so much, she deserves this more than anyone!

I don't know what I will do if she loses :sobbing:

shaktincredible Jan 27th, 2012 07:50 AM

i'm happy i'm not the only one who's very nervous waiting for the final on the next 24 hours :sobbing:

Andy. Jan 27th, 2012 08:55 AM

Getting drunketty drunk drunk :drink::drink::drink: :crazy:

masha122 Jan 27th, 2012 10:00 AM

i have a couple of suggestions for u guys :

if anyone here is suffering from asthma ; you better keep your medecine next to you like me:angel:

make sure you have a smirnoff or a good champagne next to u in case u want to celebrate her win:hearts: or loss in a good way (ps : the smirnoff is for the loss:help::help:)

vozas Jan 27th, 2012 10:07 AM

The match is gonna air at 8AM Portugal time. I had to work overtime the past week and also had to work full time during the weekend so I'm DYING to go out tonight. I'm gonna have a dinner with friends, loads of booze, gonna go clubbing and will then host an after-hours party at my place full of recreational drugs and Maria airing on my big flat screen:hearts::hearts::hearts:

gc-spurs Jan 27th, 2012 10:18 AM

Gonna go to the beach. But then when I get home my living room will be an inpenatrable fortress. Everyone has been told they aren't allowed to have people over so I can rage freely.

doooma6816 Jan 27th, 2012 10:23 AM

tidying my room:cheer::sobbing:

jameshazza Jan 27th, 2012 10:38 AM

My room's been untidy whole tourney so don't wanna tidy it now :hysteric: