TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=451688)

Paldias Jan 14th, 2012 04:03 PM

Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

On the main page http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201201...256076_2576941

VS. ESPN's Photo Wire: http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/wire/...1787536/tennis

:o

Djezonfly Jan 14th, 2012 04:05 PM

Re: Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

Yes, and it's poorly done.

deliverance. Jan 14th, 2012 04:08 PM

Disgusting. Mona looks better with her acne than this photoshop 'work' :o

Corswandt Jan 14th, 2012 04:09 PM

They did.

When Kvitova won Linz, she had some nasty pimples between her eyebrows, and they brushed those out for the photo used on the WTA website.

sammy01 Jan 14th, 2012 04:10 PM

IF the wta has photoshopped mona what more proof do people need the wta is only intrested in the image and style of the players not their personalities and how they play. i mean this is a tour sponsored by a make up company.

the wta is all about sex, image and putting on a front, it is so annoying for real tennis fans.

wildemu Jan 14th, 2012 04:13 PM

I have serious doubts that they'll even put up photos with her and the trophy in a dress. She might bail them out by wanting to catch a quick flight to melbourne.

wildemu Jan 14th, 2012 04:23 PM

was it the wta or was it getty images?

nm, they probably told getty to brush it.

ElusiveChanteuse Jan 14th, 2012 04:25 PM

She'd be happy with that anyway.

nate89 Jan 14th, 2012 04:25 PM

Don't think it's photoshopped, the shade from her visor on her face makes the bad skin less noticeable.

miffedmax Jan 14th, 2012 04:27 PM

The probably thought they were doing her a favor. :rolleyes:

ivanban Jan 14th, 2012 04:31 PM

She should sue them for unauthorized acne-airbrushing :mad:

the jamierbelyea Jan 14th, 2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy01 (Post 20750821)
IF the wta has photoshopped mona what more proof do people need the wta is only intrested in the image and style of the players not their personalities and how they play. i mean this is a tour sponsored by a make up company.

the wta is all about sex, image and putting on a front, it is so annoying for real tennis fans.

I think the photoshop is the best idea. WTA is still a business and doing anything you can to improve the image is good. It shows a lot more effort and interest in the success of these ladies rather then just slapping together any picture they could find.

Isn't it exhausting to go to thread to thread lambasting the WTA in such a self-righteous manner?

Is your perfect tour has 15 events all in Europe, all top players must play, and never partake in a photo shoot of any kind ? Sounds like a failure to me.

pov Jan 14th, 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy01 (Post 20750821)

:yeah: And it just perpetuates people being conditioned to seeing "mannequins" and thinking it's real.

Galang Jan 14th, 2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the jamierbelyea (Post 20750887)
I think the photoshop is the best idea. WTA is still a business and doing anything you can to improve the image is good. It shows a lot more effort and interest in the success of these ladies rather then just slapping together any picture they could find.

Isn't it exhausting to go to thread to thread lambasting the WTA in such a self-righteous manner?

Is your perfect tour has 15 events all in Europe, all top players must play, and never partake in a photo shoot of any kind ? Sounds like a failure to me.

Totally agree with this.

If I was in Barthel's position, I'd want to be airbrushed tbh.

égalité Jan 14th, 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the jamierbelyea (Post 20750887)

Would you have a problem with it if they photoshopped a picture of Dominika Cibulkova to make her boobs look bigger?