TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Lucie's Lookout (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=818)
-   -   Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=451595)

Davodus Jan 13th, 2012 10:01 AM

Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

who likes my awesome title :p

Since the draw is out, and Lucie will play Monday, and the OOP is out tomorrow, I decided I would make the thread :lol: (if someone else wanted to, you can do RG :p)

So Lucie plays McHale in round 1, Q or Erakovic round 2, Jankovic round 3 and Wozniacki round 4...but that's looking ahead.

McHale is an ok first round draw, a lot of her big wins and good runs came only in the US, she hasn't done much outside the US yet. But she is young and definitely dangerous, and Lucie will need to play well for the win. I'm hopeful of another 3rd round, but we'll see.

Remix13 Jan 13th, 2012 10:02 AM

Re: Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

You finally made the thread :lol:

Lucie has a good draw I would say. Hopefully she won't waste it. Let's go :cheer:

Davodus Jan 13th, 2012 10:06 AM

Well I didnt wanna make it if someone else did :lol: but i gave them a day so I decided it was time to have one.

I think it's definitely a better draw than it couldve been, I just hope she plays well and wins matches that she should win

jasonbloom Jan 13th, 2012 10:27 AM

The draw is easier than expected. I would be happy if she make to R3 but I always expect more of her. This is another good chance in GS after RG2010 and US2011 since she always do better in AO and she is in good form. let's see what she perform :D

lauraa00 Jan 13th, 2012 07:42 PM

Kick some ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davodus Jan 14th, 2012 09:00 AM

3rd Match on Monday, court 19 after 2 mens matches...I'll be waiting around for ages for it :lol:

Robert-KimClijst Jan 14th, 2012 08:20 PM

Well done with the alliteration. :lol:

Wert. Jan 14th, 2012 08:28 PM

Nice title.
This draw isnt bad,if she plays well,she can reach 4th round with no problems.Only in that case she would actually gain some points.and no choking this time please. :)

Davodus Jan 14th, 2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst (Post 20751547)
Well done with the alliteration. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frightening. (Post 20751574)
Nice title.

:oh: thanks

Davodus Jan 15th, 2012 03:10 AM

Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together :lol: but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.

jasonbloom Jan 15th, 2012 02:45 PM

I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu:help::help:

lauraa00 Jan 15th, 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davodus (Post 20752715)
Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together :lol: but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.

I like when she played with wozniak, they were fun to watch together :)
Wonder why she doesn't play with krajicek ?

HowardH Jan 15th, 2012 07:59 PM

I like the title too.

Sorana and Lucie together= lots of big hitting, not a lot of thinking. Could be great, could be an errorfest. Fun to see though. Grandin and Uhlirova are pretty much the opposite. They are weaker singles players (Grandin is a little out of shape) but they use their heads to play good doubles. Both teams will have lefty-righty combinations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonbloom (Post 20754884)
I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu:help::help:

Not like Niculescu, thank goodness.

It's quite hard to define her game. She doesn't hit the ball really big, and some people have described her as a pusher but I don't think that's quite right. She has a better serve than you would expect from her. She's not that big but she gets reasonable pop on it and places it quite well. No doubt Lucie will help her serve to look even better than normal.

Off the ground she hits quite solidly but not huge. Sometimes she gets tight and starts pushing it, but at other times she hits through the ball pretty well, especially with the forehand. I think she's more of a thinking player than anything. Nothing like Lucie.

To get some idea, you can see highlights of one of Christina's best matches (the win over Caro) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-fEb88sE4

Lucie should be able to target her weaker bh side, but then you never really know what Lucie will come up with.

jasonbloom Jan 16th, 2012 01:32 AM

A little bit windy day, hope she can handle it better after Sydney.

Edinboro Jan 16th, 2012 05:30 AM

She's getting ready for her first round now!