TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Storm Sanders Cheering Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450858)

anthonyqld Jan 5th, 2012 01:22 AM

Storm Sanders Cheering Thread

Haven't seen a thread for Storm yet.

She had great results in 2011, and is playing in Hobart qualifying.

Top 250 by end of 2012?

louloubelle Jan 5th, 2012 04:48 AM

Re: Storm Sanders Cheering Thread

Top 250 might be a bit ambitious by the years end, but I like her game. Uses her 'leftiness' well.

Though seeing her highlights (or more likely low lights) when she played Sally Peers - the poor gal had a shocker then :)

Good choice for a quallie w/c :)

ozfan44 Jan 5th, 2012 06:54 AM

I would say Top 350 perhaps by the end of this year might be more realistic....

She is heading to Asia for some events in March/April last I heard....probably the 25/50k challengers around Japan...

It will be easier to judge after that tour to see where she is at...

Sam21 Jan 5th, 2012 07:18 AM

i was wondering when someone would start a thread for Storm. hoping for a good 2012 with no matches like the one she had against Peers!

sutho12 Jan 5th, 2012 08:21 AM

On twitter said was sick in wc playoff, explains peers score ha

Dani12 Jan 5th, 2012 08:24 AM

Reminds me a bit of Benesova, small, good ball-striker and a lefty. She needs to learn a few more skills and patience, but she seems well on her way :)

Keadz Jan 5th, 2012 08:56 AM

Good ballstriker, but I saw her getting quite simply outplayed by Rajicic at the wildcard playoffs. It will be interesting to see how far she goes, think she should be faster for her height though.

TS Jan 5th, 2012 11:40 AM

^ On the contrary I was quite impressed with her when I saw her smash Rajicic in the 18s the week before :lol: I think Vicky had an off day, but Storm was cool and composed and I liked what I saw.

Good luck in Hobart.

anthonyqld Jan 6th, 2012 12:56 AM

Storm lost today 62 64. Respectable scoreline.

Territory Jan 6th, 2012 01:05 AM

She lost about 7 games in a row in the middle of the match, so outside of that patch, Storm was holding her own. Not a terrible WTA debut.

ozfan44 Jan 6th, 2012 06:33 AM

Good test for Storm to play these players....rather than just 25k challenger level players..

Hopefully she gets a decent draw at AO qualies and she can perform like she knows she can...

Chilenaitor Jan 6th, 2012 04:49 PM

she plays AO qualies?

anthonyqld Jan 6th, 2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenis.chile (Post 20697899)
she plays AO qualies?

Not yet, but she got a wildcard to Hobart Qualies & didn't do too badly. So I assume she will get one.

TS Jan 6th, 2012 09:53 PM

^ She will. Barty claimed a qualifying wc by winning the 18s, but now that she's in the main draw Storm will receive it as the runner up.

Territory Jan 29th, 2012 12:53 PM

So after reaching the 3rd round of AO juniors, Storm did well today in qualifying in Burnie.

She beat a top 500 player for the third time in her career, defeating #436 Van Der Meet (NED) 7-5 6-1 after having beaten Oriana Nowicki earlier in the day. Plays final round of qualies tomorrow against the 15th seed. Should have a good chance! Looking forward to see what Storm does this year :)