TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Aravane Rezai (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=754)
-   -   Allez Aravane 2012! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=449405)

Aravanecaravan Dec 8th, 2011 07:34 PM

Allez Aravane 2012!

May as well get 2012 started off on the right foot. Aravane shut down 2011 early after suffering from a virus in Tokyo, but according to reports she's been working hard with her coach and fitness trainer in the U.S. preparing for the new season.

Allez Aravane! May 2012 bring much success, fame and good fortune to you!

:inlove:

améliemomo Dec 9th, 2011 09:42 AM

Re: Allez Aravane 2012!

nice to know that she's training hard to make a nice comeback

go aravane in 2012!

Bероника Dec 11th, 2011 04:23 PM

Do we have any idea where she starts playing in 2012?

best of luck to her next season! :)

Aravanecaravan Dec 12th, 2011 12:12 AM

Qualifying in Auckland, I believe.

Bероника Dec 12th, 2011 05:20 AM

David 11 Dec 22nd, 2011 04:58 PM

FFT announced that Aravane Rezaï and Jeremy Chardy are granted a wild-card for the Australian Open. twitter

Losing Streak Dec 22nd, 2011 05:58 PM

I'm happy for her! :D :yeah:

Bероника Dec 22nd, 2011 09:10 PM

good news :D

Aravanecaravan Dec 22nd, 2011 11:12 PM

Outstanding news!

Allez Aravane!!!!

anika mahajan Dec 23rd, 2011 06:34 AM

Wao :) very nice to hear that
I wish to see her 1st round in Australian open, SHe has no points to defend :)
She will be top 50 in march i believe

HowardH Dec 30th, 2011 04:05 AM

Aravane is in Auckland. It was raining so she practiced today on the indoor courts on Merton Road. She was hitting with Elena Bogdan about 1 hr ago, and was comprehensively outhitting her off the ground. However, Elena served better than her, and Aravane's return was also a bit iffy. But once the rally started Aravane was totally in charge.

Aravane herself seemed sweet. However, I have a question to ask, particularly of posters such as Aravanecaravan, who have taken pictures and or videos of Aravane before. I had a video camera with me, and during Aravane's practice a tallish, tan and reasonably slim man from her camp (not the coach, who was standing near Aravane on the other side of the court) came up to me and told me not to post footage of Aravane anywhere. Has anyone else experienced something like this with a player? Note that it wasn't Aravane who had any problem with me taking footage. Also, no one else I watched today had any problem with it. I think it's normal for a tennis player to be videoed when practicing. They weren't doing anything secret, just hitting.

Probably this is part of her complicated situation at the moment which is unfortunately affecting her tennis.

Anyway. It was pretty clear why Aravane has had some wonderful results in the past. She was hitting way harder than anyone else on the court, including Magdalena Rybarikova and the Pliskova sisters. Best of luck to her in the tournament.

David 11 Dec 30th, 2011 09:13 AM

ASB Classic

Aravane Rezai vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA)

Lertcheewakarn is a counterpuncher with her two-handed backhand and forehand. She is intelligent on court and has a good strategy. Her game is lacking powerful strokes, but based on precise groundstrokes. Her main weakness is considered to be her serve, lacking of power, consistency and stability.

Lertcheewakarn has inspiration by Tamarine Tanasugarn, Monica Seles, Marion Bartoli, and Williams sisters.(WP)

Samantha Stosur vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Osaka 2011

Qualifying for the ASB Classic starts on Saturday 31 December and runs for three days, finishing on the first day of the tournament, Monday 2 January. Qualifying will be held at the ASB Tennis Arena on Stanley Street and entry costs $5 (cash only) per day for the Saturday and Sunday.

2012 Qualifying Singles Draw

améliemomo Dec 30th, 2011 10:43 AM

tough first round against noppawan. She's the type of player Aravane doesnt like to play

good match there though Go Aravane!

misty1 Dec 30th, 2011 01:41 PM

this first round really sucks, i would have loved to see them both qualify but of course im hoping for aravane more

Aravanecaravan Dec 30th, 2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardH (Post 20650820)
Aravane is in Auckland. It was raining so she practiced today on the indoor courts on Merton Road. She was hitting with Elena Bogdan about 1 hr ago, and was comprehensively outhitting her off the ground. However, Elena served better than her, and Aravane's return was also a bit iffy. But once the rally started Aravane was totally in charge.

Aravane herself seemed sweet. However, I have a question to ask, particularly of posters such as Aravanecaravan, who have taken pictures and or videos of Aravane before. I had a video camera with me, and during Aravane's practice a tallish, tan and reasonably slim man from her camp (not the coach, who was standing near Aravane on the other side of the court) came up to me and told me not to post footage of Aravane anywhere. Has anyone else experienced something like this with a player? Note that it wasn't Aravane who had any problem with me taking footage. Also, no one else I watched today had any problem with it. I think it's normal for a tennis player to be videoed when practicing. They weren't doing anything secret, just hitting.

Probably this is part of her complicated situation at the moment which is unfortunately affecting her tennis.

Anyway. It was pretty clear why Aravane has had some wonderful results in the past. She was hitting way harder than anyone else on the court, including Magdalena Rybarikova and the Pliskova sisters. Best of luck to her in the tournament.

That's interesting, Howard. I really don't know what to say in response. I've never been cautioned or asked not to take photos or videos of her before, or of any other player, so maybe it's a new policy from someone in her camp. Certainly, I would respect her wishes if that is the case and if it is coming from someone in charge. From your description it doesn't sound like her father.

By the way, thank you so much for your report!