TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Grace Min (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=447429)

Srodgers Oct 22nd, 2011 10:22 PM

Grace Min

Grace has been doing really well on the Pro tour recently, not to mention her Jr US Open championship!

She has made the final of this weeks 25k Rock Hill and takes on Oprandi tomorrow.

Best of luck in the future Grace :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally Oct 22nd, 2011 11:28 PM

Re: Grace Min

Hopefully she'll take home her first ITF singles title tomorrow :cool: Good Luck Grace! :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally Oct 23rd, 2011 12:37 AM

Grace's next tourney is next weeks 25K in Bayamon, PR

GL! :bounce:

Srodgers Oct 23rd, 2011 07:47 PM

Grace lost the final to Oprandi 75 61 :sad: Still a great week!

CrossCourt~Rally Oct 23rd, 2011 08:48 PM

Grace :hug: Even though she lost in str8, I'm still encouraged with the first set scroreline.

GL to Grace next week in Puerto Rico! :bounce:

tie_breaker Oct 28th, 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srodgers (Post 20391260)
Grace has been doing really well on the Pro tour recently, not to mention her Jr US Open championship!

She has made the final of this weeks 25k Rock Hill and takes on Oprandi tomorrow.

Best of luck in the future Grace :yeah:

I have been amazed too with how well she's been doing as of late. Winning the doubles at Wimbledon-Juniors, then winning the singles at US Open-Juniors. Winning 5 matches at Troy $50k and 7 matches at Rock Hill $25k, during back to back weeks in October, speaks volumes of her physical endurance and mental focus. :worship:

At her young age, she seems to have a great perspective. She doesn't allow a player's ranking intimidate her. She doesn't put pressure on herself to win a tournament and has a clever way of breaking it down into 2 events, 1st event prior to quarters, 2nd event is quarters and beyond, so that her thinking at that quarters is like trying to win the 1st round. Strategy wise she knows how to battle against bigger opponents, mixing up the paces, hitting that extra ball, etc. :bounce:

What I notice on the scoreboard, but don't know what is happened behind the scenes is that she has considerable success beating opponents, as of late, who have beaten her previously...like Lauren Davis, Ahsha Rolle, Nicole Gibbs. Also, I recall Nicole saying in an interview that she was surprised how well Grace was playing her, as if her game went to the next level. I think this was at the US Open-Juniors, this year. ;)

Whatever she's doing, it seems to be working, so I hope she can continue this success. Especially being able to make adjustments in her game to beat an opponent, who she previously lost to. Her confidence has got to be at an all-time high. I really think she will climb higher in the rankings in 2012 and will definitely pull some upsets. :cool:

Barktra Nov 10th, 2011 12:27 AM

Grace won her first MD match in Phoenix

(Q)Grace Min (USA) d. Chi Chi Scholl (USA) 63 60 :inlove:

That is a good win IMO.
Next up 5th seed Shuai Zhang :cheer:

CrossCourt~Rally Nov 10th, 2011 03:33 AM

^^ That's a very good win considering how in form ChiChi has been of late :bounce:

simonsaystennis Nov 10th, 2011 07:04 AM

Grace :woohoo: I was skeptical of her USO win because her results on the pro tour have never been stellar. But she is really making a push now and backing up that big win!! Keep it up!!

Barktra Nov 10th, 2011 11:47 PM

(Q)Grace Min (USA) d. (5)Shuai Zhang (CHN) 63 16 62

Another great win for Grace
Next up Keys, should be a awesome match

I think Grace should be in the AO wildcard playoff :inlove:

Barktra Nov 12th, 2011 01:31 AM

Madison Keys (USA) d. (Q)Grace Min (USA) 63 63

Probally Grace's last match of the season.
Congrats on you wonderful season Grace :inlove: :hearts:

tie_breaker Nov 12th, 2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JupiterLover (Post 20477724)
Madison Keys (USA) d. (Q)Grace Min (USA) 63 63

Probally Grace's last match of the season.
Congrats on you wonderful season Grace :inlove: :hearts:

I told you all this girl has got talent!!!

Anybody have a video on youtube of her latest matches??? :confused:

simonsaystennis Nov 12th, 2011 02:47 AM

Amazing turn around for Grace this season. To be blunt, her results after reaching the Orange Bowl final were dismal for about 4-6 months. US Open title I think finally gave her the belief she needed to compete at the pro level. It has been a great few months for her!!

Vaxey Nov 12th, 2011 12:13 PM

Still good week ;) Next year will be really important. Hopefully Grace will make some noise in itf circuit :)

Srodgers Jan 12th, 2012 11:52 PM

25k Innisbrook:
R1: (Q)Grace Min (USA) d. Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 61 61
R2: (Q)Grace Min (USA) d. (6)Catalina Castano (COL) 64 63

Solid wins for Grace :D Pegula is next.