TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Procrastination... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=447225)

fouc Oct 18th, 2011 10:26 PM

Procrastination...

... how do you deal with this shit? :help:

Pump-it-UP Oct 18th, 2011 11:08 PM

Re: Procrastination...

Keep pressing refresh until this thread gets another response. :lol:

Sergius Oct 18th, 2011 11:25 PM

Good question. I always get in trouble because of this shit. Seriously, I can't deal with it :sobbing:

Keadz Oct 18th, 2011 11:36 PM

I have accepted that I only get motivated to complete a uni task a day or two before it's due.

No matter how hard I try, I'll lay out everything in front and then within about an hour it's almost guaranteed that I'll be youtubing cats or something.

Ashi Oct 19th, 2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keadz (Post 20377398)
I have accepted that I only get motivated to complete a uni task a day or two before it's due.

Yep me too. But, I work better and am more methodical when I have a set time limit.

The best way I've learnt is to do the tasks/assignments/work that you like the least, first. Get it done, and then concentrate on the stuff you like doing.

That said, I am going on holiday for 2 weeks this weekend, and I have still to grade 4 bundles of term papers. :o

antonella Oct 19th, 2011 12:43 AM

I'll get back to this later - I promise!

Sean. Oct 19th, 2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

No matter how hard I try, I'll lay out everything in front and then within about an hour it's almost guaranteed that I'll be youtubing cats or something.

This.

My latest strategy: My Wallpaper.

I also find working in a public place where people can watch you, and see if your procrastinating sometimes works.

The 2nd Law Oct 19th, 2011 01:13 AM

I have wasted the last 2 weeks I reckon :lol: I only have a week to go with no exams, just gotta finish these assignments, that should be all the motivation I need :o

Ellery Oct 19th, 2011 01:21 AM

www.sporcle.com

oh wait.

ElusiveChanteuse Oct 19th, 2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

+1.:oh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadia. (Post 20377517)

:spit:

VeeJJ Oct 19th, 2011 04:53 AM

Get into a routine where you have time set aside for certain things.

Inger67 Oct 19th, 2011 05:19 AM

I feel the same way :sobbing: I have yet to start my 6 page paper that's due Thursday and I have an exam tomorrow too! Ugh.

fouc Oct 19th, 2011 05:51 AM

Right now I'm just discovering I can take "the last minute" to the whole new level of absurd. I'm working pretty fast, but the beginning must always be delayed as far as it possibly gets. Not just the day before, not even during the night, but often early in the day like 5 AM, or in a train, always till the very last possible second with no time to re-think what I 've been working on. I have like 4 hours left to prepare my lecture, guess I'm gonna go & youtube some funny animals :o

fouc Oct 19th, 2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

2 days before is a dream!

Working in public places does seem helpful for me, but first you have to drag yourself to this place, which still seems highly unlikely :sobbing:

Pump-it-UP Oct 19th, 2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inger67 (Post 20377750)
I feel the same way :sobbing: I have yet to start my 6 page paper that's due Thursday and I have an exam tomorrow too! Ugh.

Same! :lol::o And I'm pulling an allnighter tonight too just to study for a test in 8 hours that I'm totally unprepared for. :o Sigh.