TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Dokic's Domain (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Jelena's Schedule II (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=440335)

King Aaron Jul 13th, 2011 05:23 PM

Jelena's Schedule II

As of today, Jelena has:

Withdrawn from Budapest, Bad Gastein, and Baku.

She is still in Washington and San Diego, is 4 out for Toronto MD and 7 out for Cincinnati MD, and has just entered Dallas.

WhatTheDeuce Jul 13th, 2011 08:05 PM

Re: Jelena's Schedule II

Play Toronto, Canada loves you Jelena!

SM Jul 14th, 2011 05:18 AM

sheesh another long break, i know it isn't her fault but it makes you wonder how much progress can she make with these breaks?? maybe that loss to schiavone would have been avoided if she didnt have that big break

So Disrespectful Jul 14th, 2011 07:10 AM

I hope she's taking this break to get everything right, her movement, her fitness, consistency etc. She shouldn't let herself and her fans down again.

I think we'll know pretty quickly whether she's been doing right or not.

Mashabator Jul 14th, 2011 01:31 PM

New thread :cheer:
Play washington jelena

Dominic Jul 14th, 2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SM (Post 19889457)
sheesh another long break, i know it isn't her fault but it makes you wonder how much progress can she make with these breaks?? maybe that loss to schiavone would have been avoided if she didnt have that big break

What do you mean it's not her fault?

Mastodon Jul 14th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoDokic! (Post 19891371)
What do you mean it's not her fault?

She's got a hamstring injury.

Freakan Jul 14th, 2011 07:42 PM

I seriously doubt she's injured. If she were, she wouldn't withdraw just a few days before the start of each tournament. She's probably once again taking time off to get fat, so she can come back as a whale and tell everyone how she's working so hard on her fitness.

DokDi Jul 14th, 2011 08:54 PM

^ As a matter of fact she already withdrew from Baku on 7th July (10 days before tournament start).

martinafan Jul 15th, 2011 01:13 AM

If Jelena has been working real hard the last few weeks, on fitness and training, then i think this is still a good schedule for her.

Start in washington, which will hopefully be an easier tournament and get her a couple matches to work into some form. Then San Diego MD - some tougher matches there, but good for her to play against some of the tougher opponents.

Then, either Q or MD in Toronto and Cincinatti......again, some good matchplay against tougher players.

Then, an easier tournament in Dallas to get her some wins and some confidence for the US Open.

That's still 5 weeks of straight tennis, so as long as she has used this break well, then she'll be fine......

Gjtennis Jul 15th, 2011 04:17 AM

Omfg!!! She entered Dallas!!! Ahhhhh is already in the main draw? I'm like 3 hrs away. I most deff will go!!

WhatTheDeuce Jul 15th, 2011 04:46 AM

Depression doesn't just go away, at least not always. Who knows if that still plays a part in her 'breaks'... Nobody really knows this except the people around her, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to be an issue sometimes. :shrug:

$uricate Jul 21st, 2011 11:23 AM

Is Jelena still playing Washington?

I hope her injury is gone now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce (Post 19894208)
Depression doesn't just go away, at least not always. Who knows if that still plays a part in her 'breaks'... Nobody really knows this except the people around her, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to be an issue sometimes. :shrug:

I know how depression works and it sucks. Jelena should be in a good place after her final in Rosmalen and pushing Schiavone on Centre Court but who knows how she's thinking.

Just Do It Jul 21st, 2011 11:41 AM

Jelena indeed often looks depressed on court and in those cases she always loses. Hopefully she is over that and is ready for Washington :yeah: She will be seeded.

Graf~Dokic Jul 21st, 2011 03:05 PM

According to Jorn, the draws for Washington will already be out today. So we will see very quickly whether she will play or not. ;)