TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Dokic's Domain (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Jelena's Coaches (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439620)

auntie janie Jul 3rd, 2011 09:15 PM

Jelena's Coaches

Hmmm, we should have started a thread like this a long time ago, to keep track of who Jelena is working with, if anyone.

The latest coach we've heard about is Aussie Louise Pleming. Jelena spoke very positively about Louise and Louise flew into London to be on hand for Jelena for Wimbledon.

Alas, Jelena's Wimbledon run was over the same day it started, but Louise's was not: she's been doing tv commentary the entire fortnight.

What I am wondering is if she and Jelena continued working together in London after Jelena's loss -- after all, LP could not be on the air ALL the time. It would be nice to know if they're sticking together, if Louise will be traveling with Jelena regularly, and if they've come up with a regular training regimen and a reasonable tournament schedule that can work for both.

As always with Jelena -- except for that fun period when she kept a blog! :speakles: -- we don't have any clue as to what's going on with her between events. Let's just hope when she does reappear in a tournament that she's with some coach or other. We can keep track of them here. :D

Mastodon Jul 3rd, 2011 10:14 PM

Re: Jelena's Coaches

This is what Jelena said of her situation with Louise Pleming during the French Open.

Tennis Australia (TA) coach Louise Pleming has worked with Dokic at home, in the US and in France and the world No.59 is keen to continue the relationship. "I really like her and like working with her so hopefully in the future, long-term, maybe that can turn into a more permanent arrangement," Dokic said.

"If it doesn't turn into a full-time thing, I will go from there. I was on my own for most of the year and I felt comfortable doing that and I had OK results, pretty good results, so in the worst case, that's what I will stick to."

Dokic hopes to raise the issue with TA heavy hitters Craig Tiley and Todd Woodbridge in the coming days.

I think its still a a part time thing at the moment but I expect Louise Pleming to be with Jelena at the US Open and some of the lead up events. She was until recently based at the Kratochvil academy in Switzerland so I would imagine she spends much of her time in between events there.

andrewbroad Jul 10th, 2011 01:29 PM

Lesley Bowrey (?1999, 20052006)
Wally Masur (1999)
Damir Dokić (20002002, 20042005)
Heinz Gunthardt (2003)
Borna Bikić (20032005, 20062010)
Dado Majoli (2006)
Martin Ruftner (2006)
Glen Schaap (2010)
Louise Pleming (2011)

BlueTrees Jul 11th, 2011 01:08 PM

Wasn't she also coached briefly by Chris Johnson (2008), Tony Roche (2010), Patrick Mouratoglou (2010), Michael Kratochvil (2010/2011) and Niki Pilic (2006). :confused:

I never knew she was coached by Wally Masur. :eek:

auntie janie Jul 12th, 2011 11:34 AM

Thanks, guys; that's impressive. :hatoff: I do remember hearing something about Roche, but was that last year? :eek: I guess when she dropped Borna she took a while to find a good fit.

Wish we'd hear something about Pleming and if they're working together right now. :(

Just Do It Jul 12th, 2011 01:10 PM

She is changing them like socks. I bet it's really hard to work with her.

auntie janie Jul 23rd, 2011 07:09 PM

Even she admits she's tough to work with. Remember her speech at the AO? :lol:

auntie janie Aug 31st, 2011 12:25 AM

US Open 2011: Still with Louise Pleming. :)

SM Sep 1st, 2011 02:29 AM

i love Lou!

DokDi Sep 7th, 2011 11:47 AM

Louise Pleming is now officially Jelena's full time coach. :)

http://www.wtatennis.com/player/jele...c_2257889_2073

So Disrespectful Sep 7th, 2011 12:31 PM

Yes! Thank you God!

Graf~Dokic Sep 7th, 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Hide (Post 20202576)
Louise Pleming is now officially Jelena's full time coach. :)

http://www.wtatennis.com/player/jele...c_2257889_2073

Great news. :) I was hoping for exactly that to happen the last couple of weeks already.

auntie janie Sep 27th, 2011 02:11 PM

September 2011: Louise Pleming OUT. Damir Dokic IN. Jelena has come full circle.
Damir Dokic: physical training boss
Louise Pleming: still tennis coach
:hearts:

(edited w/ new info :angel: )

DokDi Sep 27th, 2011 02:23 PM

^ Louise Pleming still coach! ;) (In Australia and some tournaments)

auntie janie Sep 27th, 2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Hide (Post 20287192)
^ Louise Pleming still coach! ;) (In Australia and some tournaments)

Excellent news! :yeah:

"I will train with dad in Serbia, I will work with him on the condition, but I will train with an Australian coach, who will be traveling with me to tournaments when possible. Damir will not go to tournaments with me, because for him it was too much stress, but we will be in constant contact "
-- J. D.

What a relief! So happy that she hasn't burned her bridges. :kiss: