TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439487)

BlueTrees Jul 2nd, 2011 04:07 PM

How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

I say 5. :)

Young 8 Jul 2nd, 2011 04:08 PM

Re: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

Eight

SVK Jul 2nd, 2011 04:10 PM

Maybe many, if she will play like that always, but maybe not. Donīt forget that there are players which started exactly the same way, excellent performances, GOAT tennis...and then just disappeared, stopped playing that good and started to slump...I donīt believe that there are still people who can be so confident about some things in womenīs tennis nowadays...As always when a young player with great game wins a GS there is so much hype about future GOAT, I better wonīt say any number, time will see. The fact is that with this game she will definitely going (at least) to Wimbledon as a hot favourite.

tsmile789 Jul 2nd, 2011 04:13 PM

I say 4,
2xWimbies
1xUS
1xFrench

Gilas. Jul 2nd, 2011 04:18 PM

23 :cheer:

Young 8 Jul 2nd, 2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anotoxfa (Post 19840504)
Donīt forget that there are players which started exactly the same way, excellent performances, GOAT tennis...and then just disappeared, stopped playing that good and started to slump...

Hitting the ball like this ? Who exactly ?

Please don't mention Ivanovic

Pasta-Na Jul 2nd, 2011 04:21 PM

Wimbledon (3 or 4) and FO (1 or 2). :p

no AO and USO, though. :oh:

doooma6816 Jul 2nd, 2011 04:21 PM

many...and she'll be definitely queen of Wimbledon...future no.1

Svetlana))) Jul 2nd, 2011 04:22 PM

About 8

Rex59 Jul 2nd, 2011 04:22 PM

Once the Sisters and Kim go, she'll more than likely have 10 or more Slams, for the only sure-fire contenders for such will be Petra, Sabine, Maria and maybe Azarenka with Petra and Sabine not being restricted to any surface. Petra can whip any of the aforementioned and at age 21 she's only scratching the surface for what she'll eventually become, that is, being more efficient in her ground game and executing volleys better than what she did today. Plus, her serve will get better with age. She'll be the next great women's champion for the Tour w/o question. She has the weapons, the game and the demeanor to be a consistent tennis champion.

SVK Jul 2nd, 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young 8 (Post 19840613)
Hitting the ball like this ? Who exactly ?

Please don't mention Ivanovic

Oh come on there was exactly the same hype also when Ivanovic won the slam:p And no Iīm not comparing their games...just saying that if she is playing like that now, it doesnīt mean that she will surely play like this throughout the whole career and peaking on slams always like Serena for example. Iīm also not saying that she wonīt win many slams, just that you must be pretty brave when you are talking about multiple slam winner in todayīs womens tennis which is absolutely unpredictable...yeah even when she has such a great game...it doesnīt mean that she is almost unbeatable now.

ElusiveChanteuse Jul 2nd, 2011 04:26 PM

more than 10.:worship: :p

!VamosRafa! Jul 2nd, 2011 04:30 PM

Not more than 14 :shrug:
4 AO
1 FO
7 Wimbledons
2 USO

Renalicious Jul 2nd, 2011 04:33 PM

I say.... 6.
Although she could easily win more. But I think in the next 1-2 years she'll be blocked out by a healty Clijsters and Serena, and perhaps even Maria will have her revenge on her.
I think the slams will flow much easier when the 'greats' retire. I think she'll win one more slam in the next 2 years, and the rest of the slams after that.

Perhaps...

2 AO
0 FO
1 W
3 USO

ViceUltramontain Jul 2nd, 2011 04:35 PM

Nothing outside Wimbly. Even Caroline is a better hardcourt (outdoor) player than her.