TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Statistics (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Online match finder (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=437898)

Kworb Jun 17th, 2011 12:43 AM

Online match finder

Might as well post it here too. I have been working on an online tool to look up matches.

Version 3

http://kworb.net/wta

What's changed:

- Much larger database (nearly 250,000 matches), going back to the 60s. But not extensive until the 80s.
- Category selection. You can combine this with the name/country selection, so for example you can get all matches by an American player while they were top 5.
- More detailed surface data, including indoor/outdoor choice.
- Continent selection.
- Select player difference in ranking, age, and height.

Needs testing

It is still a work in progress. I can't test every possible query so if you discover anything wrong or strange, please tell me. I should note that I estimated the tournament types (Tier I, Tier II, etc.) based on the prize money involved as there was no other way to parse it from the WTA site. So this can be incorrect. I am in the process of fixing it.

Some examples of how to use:

You want to know which finals Serena played in Europe.

Type in Player A name: Serena
Under "which rounds", select: "F"
Under "continent", select: "Europe"
Click "Submit"

You want to know the finals where a British player defeated an American player.

Under Player A country select: "United Kingdom"
Under Player B country select: "United States"
Change "which years?" to "Before 1981 to 2001"
Under "which rounds", select: "F"
Under "won by?", select: "Player A"
Click "Submit"

Kworb Sep 18th, 2011 03:52 AM

Re: Online match finder

Updated the database, it now has all the matches up to and including USO 2011. Also added more pre-1981 matches.

terjw Sep 24th, 2011 09:45 PM

Well I went to your website when you first mentioned it what seems like a long time ago and found some things difficult to use. Just went in now because the WTA site is so cumbersome and limitted and it gives me everything I can think of that I want and so easy to use. Good job here.

I'll let you know if I find anything - but doessn't seem to be anything you can't find from this and I've bookmarked the site.

KleineBiere Dec 1st, 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kworb (Post 20252604)
Updated the database, it now has all the matches up to and including USO 2011. Also added more pre-1981 matches.

Next Update? :)

amirbachar Dec 3rd, 2011 12:09 AM

Great site!

Kworb Dec 14th, 2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terjw (Post 20276073)
Well I went to your website when you first mentioned it what seems like a long time ago and found some things difficult to use. Just went in now because the WTA site is so cumbersome and limitted and it gives me everything I can think of that I want and so easy to use. Good job here.

I'll let you know if I find anything - but doessn't seem to be anything you can't find from this and I've bookmarked the site.

Thank you again for your comments on the first version, they helped me shape this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KleineBiere (Post 20541092)
Next Update? :)

Probably in a month. That's more convenient for me. :p

Kworb Jan 14th, 2012 12:41 AM

Finally updated with the rest of 2011. Planned updates are after AO, after Miami, after Wimbledon, after US Open and after YEC. Also working on some other cool stuff like player pages and tournament pages, hope to roll that out soon.

Charlatan Mar 10th, 2012 10:30 PM

i love it...bookmarked the link and use it more often than WTA site to find head to head :)

KleineBiere Nov 6th, 2012 03:01 PM

update? :inlove: ;)

denny5576 Dec 13th, 2012 03:20 PM

waiting for the update... thanks!

SerenaMJ Dec 19th, 2012 09:42 PM

This is my favourite tool to look up matches. Can we get an update anytime soon?

Kworb Dec 23rd, 2012 01:38 AM

Sorry, my interest in WTA is nearly gone so I haven't been very motivated to work on it. I'm not gonna promise anything but I'll try to add 2012's matches before the end of the year.

quenelle Dec 26th, 2012 04:02 AM

This is a great tool, I'm disappointed you aren't able to update it. If there's any way I could help you with data entry or something to get it updated please PM me.

Kworb Dec 30th, 2012 04:13 AM

Hmm this is gonna be even more difficult than I thought. The way the WTA site is set up now, it's gonna be a lot harder to fetch data from it. :o