TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Marion Revolution (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1028)
-   -   Marion Mows Down Her Foes on Grass (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=436591)

Marionated Jun 2nd, 2011 05:01 PM

Marion Mows Down Her Foes on Grass

Eastbourne
Wimbledon

Withdrew from Birmingham

Can she finally break the Eastbourne SF curse? :lol:

Ferg Jun 2nd, 2011 05:59 PM

Re: The Grass Trio

Really looking forward to this. Though I would like her to play Birmingham, if shes tired, she must rest. She has a long break after Wimbledon though so pushing on for the next 3-4 weeks would be nice.

Marionated Jun 2nd, 2011 06:24 PM

I'm very excited too, but I don't want to see that passive tennis we saw on the grass last year :tears:

You're right about Birmingham. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If she is feeling up to playing, she should really make the final.

Also, she should be at eight in the race now so if she can keep up this consistency, there's a good chance she could qualify for the YEC, and that's not taking the possibility of withdrawals into account.

Lighter Jun 2nd, 2011 06:39 PM

She just said during her press conference that she wants to rest, probably with her family. Hope she will play Birmingham.

Ferg Jun 2nd, 2011 07:37 PM

She seemed very passive all last year but shes really stepped up the aggresiveness this year I think and its making the difference. I hope grass is the same.

Lighter Jun 2nd, 2011 08:48 PM

She will watch males semi tomorrow. But she's not sure to see female finals. It means that she's decided to join Birmingham like Pova.

bruce goose Jun 2nd, 2011 11:18 PM

Playing all three??!!??Is that really necessary,Marion?Just win the third one and everyone'll forget where you finished in the other two:p

Iceland Jun 3rd, 2011 09:16 AM

I really hope she withdraws from Eastbourne. She hasn't stopped playing for so long... If she wants to shine in Wimbledon, she really should have some rest.
In 2007, she only got to 4th round. This year she played 2 more matches, and it can make the difference!

Lighter Jun 3rd, 2011 09:38 AM

I suppose that she will give more information on TV today. I won't be surprised to see her between males semi.

Lighter Jun 3rd, 2011 10:07 AM

She withdraws of Birmingham.

Back in Eastbourne

Source : l'équipe street edition.

Marionated Jun 3rd, 2011 10:27 AM

Ok, I'll change the thread title :p

Disappointing for me as I was looking foward to seeing her play Birmingham again but the right decision.

Lighter Jun 3rd, 2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronoc (Post 19666235)

Disappointing for me as I was looking foward to seeing her play Birmingham again but the right decision.

She probably needs to rest.

Iceland Jun 3rd, 2011 02:09 PM

Re: Eastbourne and Wimbledon 2011

Yes! Quite a relief I have to say!

bruce goose Jun 3rd, 2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronoc (Post 19666235)

Obviously,I'm getting only second-hand info,but I heard that Birmingham was kind of an ugly,industrial town...not really worth seeing...and it would be kind of insane for Marion to jump right into all 3 grass tourneys after deep runs at Strasbourg and RG.Sorry that you're gonna miss her,though;better luck to you soon:hatoff:

Barktra Jun 3rd, 2011 03:47 PM

Re: Eastbourne and Wimbledon 2011

Not to be a negative nancy. If Venus is still playing in eastbourne, their is a possiblity that Marion could draw her in the first round. So hopefully that will not happen.