TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Caroline Wozniacki (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1228)
-   -   Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=429190)

C. W. Fields Feb 16th, 2011 12:11 AM

Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

With 5000+ posts in the last volume and Caro about to start a new tournament; time to start volume 4! :)

Volume 3
Volume 2
Volume 1

jasminefu623 Feb 16th, 2011 12:25 AM

Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Great!!! good luck caro, for the tournament and rest of the season:)

Frode Feb 16th, 2011 12:34 AM

Next time just use the report button when You guys cross 5 000 points, and we'll make another volume:)

Heia Caroline:cheer::cheer:

Protoss Feb 16th, 2011 04:24 AM

This thread needs a picture of Caro like the other threads had.

bruce goose Feb 16th, 2011 04:27 AM

VAMOS,Caro!!Let's make this your first official GS-winning cheering thread:cool:

C. W. Fields Feb 16th, 2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoss (Post 19161466)
This thread needs a picture of Caro like the other threads had.

Your wish is my command!

Carofan Feb 16th, 2011 10:31 AM

I have enjoyed the first three volumes of this epic saga. Being part of writing this tale has been exiting.

Vol 1. - The dream
Vol 2. - Sunshine
Vol 3. - Wall-niacki
Vol 4. -

Protoss Feb 16th, 2011 11:36 AM

Not a bad draw for Caro. Based on the draw she should make it to at least the quarters.

Good luck Caro. :)

C. W. Fields Feb 16th, 2011 03:24 PM

Caro wins 6-1, 3-5 ret. This match reminded me of the one against Vera in YEC 09. Vera played crap the first set, but though Caro won the set easily she didn't get into a rhytm. And when her opponent suddenly raised her level in 2nd set Caro had problems adapting to the new circumstances. It's definitely something she needs to work on.

Protoss Feb 16th, 2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. W. Fields (Post 19163991)
Caro wins 6-1, 3-5 ret. This match reminded me of the one against Vera in YEC 09. Vera played crap the first set, but though Caro won the set easily she didn't get into a rhytm. And when her opponent suddenly raised her level in 2nd set Caro had problems adapting to the new circumstances. It's definitely something she needs to work on.

That's what happens when you're waiting for your opponents errors and not making things happen yourself. :shrug:

CloudAtlas Feb 16th, 2011 03:32 PM

A disappointing result as we can't really gather much of Caro's current form but she needs to do well against Morita to get a few wins under her belt. For some reason she doesn't do well in Dubai.

Carofan Feb 16th, 2011 03:38 PM

Its not like Caro won by retirement behind 3-5 in the final set. According to the scoreline Caro won the first set, if you check again.

TennisFan66 Feb 16th, 2011 03:58 PM

After a slump in first part of 2nd, Caro upped her level. I'd say she had won it in 2 anyway .. with or without fainting. With as it was. GL in R3 against Bandwaggon bus Kvitova.... oh wait. :lol:

GL in R3 Caro :kiss:

FormerlyKnownAs Feb 16th, 2011 04:01 PM

A win is a win whatever. Of course it was awfull for Chakvetadze fainting like that, and Caroline was up with her very quickly after the umpire.

But contrary to all the "she was being beaten by a sick player" yap, the set was not over let alone the match.

Yes Chakvetadze played very much better in the second, and yes Caroline was making a lot of UEs up to 0-3, but she started to hold her serve and broke back and nearly broke back again but C held her serve, and at 3-5 she was 30-15 up in C's serve before she collapsed and certainly didn't look finished at all.
I think that Caroline was definitly getting back in the game and it could have been hers in 3 if not 2, not easily or certain but a definite possibility.

Now I am looking forward to the next against Morita, whom she is 2-0 H2H, ok they were in 2009 & 2008.

CWTennis Feb 16th, 2011 04:51 PM

poor Chaky! Get well soon!
Caro wasn't playing great but her win was never in doubt!
GL in 3rd round
p.s. Loved the outfit, she looked beautiful!