TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Fed Cup (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1075)
-   -   WWW Fed Cup WG: Slovakia vs Czech Republic (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=428048)

Caipirinha Guy Jan 30th, 2011 12:06 PM

WWW Fed Cup WG: Slovakia vs Czech Republic

Host Nation: Slovakia
City: Bratislava
Venue: Sibamac Arena
Surface: Indoor Hard (Latex-ite)

SLOVAK TEAM:

Daniela Hantuchova
Dominika Cibulkova
Magdalena Rybarikova
Jana Cepelova

CZECH TEAM:

Petra Kvitova
Lucie Safarova
Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova
Kveta Peschke

Rovegun Jan 30th, 2011 04:08 PM

Re: WWW Fed Cup WG: Slovakia vs Czech Republic

so looking forward to!

Caipirinha Guy Jan 30th, 2011 04:21 PM

Too bad they chose Cepelova. I think Kucova (Zuzana), could me more helpful.

Beny Jan 30th, 2011 04:22 PM

Czech 3:2 as always

always always always when we meet, our girls are out of form (or one of them) and they have one good one and the annyoing Peschke who wins the doubles.

goldenlox Jan 30th, 2011 04:31 PM

Domi is in good form, they need a win from Dani

jiri-nedved Jan 30th, 2011 04:57 PM

If Petra and Lucie can keep up their good form then we should win.

A-Bond Jan 30th, 2011 05:28 PM

Petra should win her singles matches unless she ballbashes herself out of the matches. Zahlavova Strycova and Peschke will win the doubles, although Daniela is a decent doubles player. But I expect the Czechs once again to get through. I remember these ties back when Vaidisova was saving the Czechs all the time :sad:

The slovaks should have chosen a clay-surface. That would favour Dominika and Daniela played well on clay last year. And more important it would weaken Petra.

Djezonfly Jan 30th, 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raelag (Post 19087685)
Too bad they chose Cepelova. I think Kucova (Zuzana), could me more helpful.

She won't play anyway but I think chosing a promising junior over a hopeless 28yo isn't such a bad thing ;)

Jose. Jan 30th, 2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Bond (Post 19087942)
Petra should win her singles matches unless she ballbashes herself out of the matches. Zahlavova Strycova and Peschke will win the doubles, although Daniela is a decent doubles player. But I expect the Czechs once again to get through. I remember these ties back when Vaidisova was saving the Czechs all the time :sad:

The slovaks should have chosen a clay-surface. That would favour Dominika and Daniela played well on clay last year. And more important it would weaken Petra.

Exactly what I was thinking, I mean Kvitova and Safarova are very good in IH. The slovaks would have much more chances had they choose claycourts. :tape:

Endru. Jan 30th, 2011 06:16 PM

who's gonna be there? :D

Shvedbarilescu Jan 30th, 2011 06:55 PM

As others have said an indoor carpet service plays right into the hands of the Czech team who in fairness would have been the favourite on any surface. But choosing an indoor carpet sure as hell doesn't help the Slovaks cause. And yeah, the Czechs look unbeatable in doubles too. I wish I could see a way through for the Slovaks but I can't. :sad:

hellas719 Jan 31st, 2011 04:03 AM

Kvitova will win both of her singles and Safarova will beat Hantuchova, and the Czechs will win the doubles :p

Beny Jan 31st, 2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose. (Post 19088003)
Exactly what I was thinking, I mean Kvitova and Safarova are very good in IH. The slovaks would have much more chances had they choose claycourts. :tape:

There are several reasons why I think they didnt choose clay.

Mainly, Fed Cup is not the main concern of either player of our team. We already won Fed Cup and Daniela and Domi are playing probably mainly because itīs the Olympic Games ticket. They both concentrate on their singles career and since itīs now the hard court season, a Fed Cup win over Czechs is not worth switching to clay and break the hard court preparation.

Im sure both Domi and Daniela will try their best. But if they lose, the world is not going down. Especially Daniela has achieved everything you can achieve in Fed Cup but her singles career is so underachieving.
Honestly she must do something big before she retires.

Rovegun Jan 31st, 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beny (Post 19087697)
Czech 3:2 as always

always always always when we meet, our girls are out of form (or one of them) and they have one good one and the annyoing Peschke who wins the doubles.

not only girls and not only in tennis:D but who knows everything can happen our girls can be tired from Aussie and Domi and Daniela are on the same level like our girls so I see it 60:40 for us because of doubles... you will break us one day and it can be next week.... anyway Iīm looking forward to seeing the girls in national colors and hope the atmosphere will be great cos itīs a big derby and I love this kind of matches...:hearts:

Beny Jan 31st, 2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenlox (Post 19087725)
Domi is in good form, they need a win from Dani

Didnt she lose to Kvitova 0 and 4 in Hobart or somewhere?

I think Kvitova is bound to win her singles matches. She plays well in Fed Cup and indoors. Safarova usually has the edge playing Slovak girls.
In doubles, we have no chance with Husarova gone and Daniela not palying doubles anymore. (Even at times Hantuchova played with Husarova, the two Slovak best doubles players, they never really matched, not a good team overall, just two really strong doubles individuals :tape: They lost awful matches both in Athens and Beijing)

It will be a huge surprise for me if our girls pull this one through.