TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Lucie's Lookout (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=818)
-   -   Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=426546)

jiri-nedved Jan 14th, 2011 01:17 PM

Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

This is my 1st Lucie thread so I hope it can bring some luck compared to the people who have tried before :)

Here is her section of the draw

Lucie Safarova CZE (31)
v
Shuai Zhang CHN

Klara Zakopalova CZE
v
Melanie Oudin USA

Bojana Jovanovski SRB
v
Kai-Chen Chang TPE

Sybille Bammer AUT
v
Vera Zvonareva RUS (2)

She has never played Zhang before, but she has a 2-0 losing record to Zakopalova who is potentially her 2nd round match, so she will hope that Oudin will win that match.

Good Luck Lucie :D

Davodus Jan 14th, 2011 01:43 PM

Re: Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

It's a good first round, she should win it. But she probably wont :lol: 2nd round is tough, I think it'll be Zakopalova who she has the game to beat if she plays well and does what her new coach has been working on. If it's Oudin it's still tough but also more winnable as she has the winning record. 3rd round is what I think we should hope for here.

Also in answer to your question from the cheering thread, she usually plays doubles at slams but I don't know if she will here

Robert-KimClijst Jan 15th, 2011 12:03 AM

Hmmmm... Not bad. Actually pretty solid. Opponents that aren't too difficult but also not so below Lucie that she plays really down.

Droolv Jan 15th, 2011 12:09 AM

Good luck Lucie, do your best!

sCoTt.ChE. Jan 15th, 2011 05:37 PM

As always Lucie should win the first round but we've said that to death and it rarely happens. Zakopalova is an unknown quantity as you never know what you get from her although undoubtedly will be very tough for a second round.
Really Lucie should make the third round, and if she faces Zvonareva it might get her geared up for a top player scalp... :lick:

Davodus Jan 16th, 2011 05:54 AM

Lucie is in doubles, play with Cirstea against Borwell and Pelletier :yeah: another match I get to see and with someone I like too :lol: not like when she played with Wozniak who couldn't volley for her life :tape:

jasonbloom Jan 16th, 2011 03:00 PM

She can play double so it seems that her injury is not serious, it is a good news.

Robert-KimClijst Jan 18th, 2011 02:33 AM

Lucie won the first set 7-5. She converted on her only break point whereas Zhang was 0/3. The winners/unforced errors statistics are messed up on the scoreboard though.

HowardH Jan 18th, 2011 03:31 AM

Lost the second set 6-4. On serve in the third, 2-1. Now up a break, 3-1.

HowardH Jan 18th, 2011 03:47 AM

She won, 7-5 4-6 6-1. Up and down as always, I suppose.

Sasja Jan 18th, 2011 04:28 AM

Nice to see her pull through in the end :)
2nd round vs Zakopalova or Oudin.

Droolv Jan 18th, 2011 05:37 AM

Solid win over a tricky opponent. Well done Lucie :yeah:

Davodus Jan 18th, 2011 08:56 AM

Zhang played so well..she barely made an error in the first two sets, lucie was lucky to win the first. At 4-4 in the 2nd at 30-30 lucie had an obvious ace called a fault...that was the reason she lost that set. She wasn't happy at all. But savind 3 break points at 1-1 in the 3rd gave her confidence and all of a sudden she remembered how to return serve. Her coach was very supportive from the sideline which helped...and she didn't seem too affected by the leg but it was strapped. We'll see how it pulls up. But I was happy with her 3rd set form.

Davodus Jan 18th, 2011 08:59 AM

Btw zakopalova next...will be tough, she played well today.

sCoTt.ChE. Jan 18th, 2011 03:52 PM

Thanks for the report, goes some way to explaining the scoreline which when I saw wasn't that impressed. I know she hasn't won a grand slam match outside of the French for ages, so thats an achievement; but still.
Anyway let's hope Lucie raises her game from the start against a dangrous opponent, and if not then win in three sets again! :lol: