TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tipping (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=425154)

Michael! Dec 27th, 2010 10:19 AM

"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

In this thread you can ask the board whatever you want, of course, Tennis Tipping related.

Current TT Board Members are:

Frederik
DJDVD
Meelis
AdeyC
Michael!

sdtoot Feb 6th, 2011 09:39 PM

Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Last year, it was agreed that the MD Singles R1 of all 32 draw WTA tournaments would start on Monday with MD Doubles R1 starting on Tuesday. Pattaya this week seems to be starting as per the old schedule (one day later). Is it possible for the board to provide information to help the managers with regards to the correct TT scheduling of the various tournaments?

Meelis Feb 7th, 2011 11:55 AM

Pattaya tournament did not start before Sunday. So it was impossible to start with TT qualifying on Saturday.

sdtoot Feb 7th, 2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meelis (Post 19118624)
Pattaya tournament did not start before Sunday. So it was impossible to start with TT qualifying on Saturday.

OK, thanks Meelis.

rvugt Feb 10th, 2011 09:32 PM

Ok, here is my problem, I will leave on Saturday for holidays for a week. I will return on the 19th in the evening. I guess in that case I can't play qualy in any tournament and at this moment it is not possible for me to guess whether Doha will be too full to reach the MD. Next to that I would hope that my doubles partner can also play singles in the tournaments we are playing. So here is my question:
Can I, only for this week, give my doubles partner Inger67, the power to commit me in the tournament that seems right to him? I will play where he commits me!

Just let me know if this is possible or that I have to post my commitment myself?

joe87 Feb 11th, 2011 02:33 PM

Well, with your ranking of #50 you don't have any chance to get into MD for Doha. Cut-offts for Premiers with 32 MD's are always below #40 ;)

heart Feb 27th, 2011 06:41 PM

if you lose in qr1, is there any chance for you to enter md (assuming that there are 4+ extra spots in md)? thanks!

joe87 Feb 27th, 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart (Post 19217342)
if you lose in qr1, is there any chance for you to enter md (assuming that there are 4+ extra spots in md)? thanks!

yes, if there are enough LL spots you can enter MD ;)

heart Feb 28th, 2011 09:44 AM

thanks!:)

SVK Mar 5th, 2011 11:03 PM

Can I ask you something here or in the Rules thread?:unsure:
Because we have this case:

Doubles Diffs

(1)* mladen * / igralec33 (CRO/SLO) - Daszmarelli / wtatourfan (BRA/BRA)
Ferguson vs. Savinykh
SRīs: Erakovic 2-1, Falconi 2-0 +2 vs. Erakovic 2-0, Falconi 2-1 +2

Savinykh def. Ferguson 3-6, 2-2 ret.
Brengle def. Falconi 6-2, 5-2 ret.
Erakovic already LOST first set

Savinykh match isnīt counted (:cuckoo:) and Erakovic lost first set so all is tied here, no one can win on SR...but there is a question if Brengle - Falconi match is counted for incorrect 2-1 rule or not? Because this match is counted for TT, Brengle was leading a set...both picked incorrect winner...still everything OK...but the problem is that Falconi retired...and if this is counted then Brazilains won...if itīs not counted than igralec and mladen won

Chris 84 Mar 5th, 2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVK (Post 19239673)
Can I ask you something here or in the Rules thread?:unsure:
Because we have this case:

Doubles Diffs

(1)* mladen * / igralec33 (CRO/SLO) - Daszmarelli / wtatourfan (BRA/BRA)
Ferguson vs. Savinykh
SRīs: Erakovic 2-1, Falconi 2-0 +2 vs. Erakovic 2-0, Falconi 2-1 +2

Savinykh def. Ferguson 3-6, 2-2 ret.
Brengle def. Falconi 6-2, 5-2 ret.
Erakovic already LOST first set

Savinykh match isnīt counted (:cuckoo:) and Erakovic lost first set so all is tied here, no one can win on SR...but there is a question if Brengle - Falconi match is counted for incorrect 2-1 rule or not? Because this match is counted for TT, Brengle was leading a set...both picked incorrect winner...still everything OK...but the problem is that Falconi retired...and if this is counted then Brazilains won...if itīs not counted than igralec and mladen won

where there is a retirement in a match, the match does not count for SR purposes, which means that the 2-1 incorrect pick rule does NOT apply to Brengle v Falconi.

gumoll Apr 4th, 2011 07:12 PM

a player commited to Marbella, was in both draws but forgot to send picks. Can he/she play a different tournament in the same week?

Chris 84 Apr 4th, 2011 07:27 PM

no

SVK Apr 26th, 2011 04:06 PM

A player who is a late entry, is not in Q draw and even didnīt send for Q round but send for MD, can he play if there are free places in MD although he didnīt send for Q?

joe87 Apr 26th, 2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVK (Post 19458369)
A player who is a late entry, is not in Q draw and even didnīt send for Q round but send for MD, can he play if there are free places in MD although he didnīt send for Q?

Yes, he can play.