TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Lauren Davis (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=424606)

simonsaystennis Dec 11th, 2010 08:15 PM

Lauren Davis

Time for Lauren to get her own cheering thread :)

So, this year has been a great year for Lauren. While I would say 2009 was her "breakout" year, this year she has really established herself as a force to be reckoned with in the juniors, and a player with some definite pro potential.

She just turned 17 not too long ago and is ranked just outside the top 400 in the pros (she hasn't played very many pro tournaments this year though. It's my understanding that those will be the focus next year).

Her highlights this year include:

GB1 Easter Bowl RU, GA Trofeo Bonfiglio RU, 10k Williamsburg W, 25k Bayamon W, G1 Yucatan Cup W, G1 Eddie Herr W.

She reached a career high junior ranking of 10 this week, and with her performance at the Orange Bowl (she will play the final tomorrow) she will move up even farther. Good luck in the final tomorrow Lauren!

Also she has been invited to play in the Australian Open WC playoff. There are some tough players there, so it will be really interesting to see how she does. Good luck!!

Sasja Dec 11th, 2010 08:36 PM

Re: Lauren Davis

Nice to see a thread for Lauren :D

She is doing so well :yeah:

She has now won 17 junior matches in a row (dropping just 1 set) :worship:
Tomorrow she in the final of GA Orange Bowl against Grace Min.
In the last couple of weeks she had defeated (4) Khromacheva 2x, (13) Putintseva 1x, (3) Puig 2x, (1) Gavrilova 1x

Also she won her last 11 matches in seniors as well :)
Winning a 10k title in Williamsburg as well as a 25 title in Bayamon. She had some nice wins over Tomljanovic, Stephens, Irigoyen and Keys.

GL in the final tomorrow against Grace :cheer:

CrossCourt~Rally Dec 11th, 2010 11:07 PM

Good idea! GL to Lauren in tomorows final :bounce: I wish we could see it on livestream :p

Srodgers Dec 11th, 2010 11:17 PM

Agreed its time for Lauren to have her own thred :)

She is doing so awesome! :bounce:
Hopefully she can make some noise on the Pro Tour next year!

Amalgamate Dec 11th, 2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally (Post 18856528)
Good idea! GL to Lauren in tomorows final :bounce: I wish we could see it on livestream :p

This is a tad off topic, but I have no idea why the USTA doesn't have The Tennis Channel broadcast at least the finals to tournaments as big as the orange bowl. :shrug: It's better than a lot of the other crap they play :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally Dec 11th, 2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgamate (Post 18856597)
This is a tad off topic, but I have no idea why the USTA doesn't have The Tennis Channel broadcast at least the finals to tournaments as big as the orange bowl. :shrug: It's better than a lot of the other crap they play :tape:

\
I totally agree :D. It would also get fans aware of and interested in players from the begining of their careers. I think it's a good idea for the USTA (and tennis in general) to start building a players fanbase as early as possible. :bounce:

Btw, if i see another repeat of some random ATP red clay court tourney from earlier in the season i'm going to explode :explode: :p.

Amalgamate Dec 12th, 2010 02:28 AM

Why is Lauren only 5'2? :sobbing:

Sasja Dec 12th, 2010 07:24 PM

Lauren wins the Orange Bowl :woohoo:

She def Grace Min in the final 6-3 6-7 6-1 :) Grace saved a couple of MP in the 2nd set TB. Nice to see her winning that 3rd set easily after missing those MP.

That makes it 24 straight wins (18 in juniors and 6 in seniors) :worship:

GL in the Australian WC playoff :cheer:

Srodgers Dec 12th, 2010 07:36 PM

Congrats Lauren! :bounce:

Its actually 29 wins in a row though ;)

simonsaystennis Dec 12th, 2010 08:55 PM

Lauren :woohoo: AMAZING end to the season!

The field for the Australian Open Wild Card Playoff is TOUGH but I think Lauren will be going in with a lot of confidence and the feeling like she has nothing to lose. I kind of want her to win it...

Amalgamate Dec 12th, 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonsaystennis (Post 18859582)
Lauren :woohoo: AMAZING end to the season!

The field for the Australian Open Wild Card Playoff is TOUGH but I think Lauren will be going in with a lot of confidence and the feeling like she has nothing to lose. I kind of want her to win it...

:cheer2: :rocker2:

CrossCourt~Rally Dec 12th, 2010 10:59 PM

:woohoo: Well done Lauren! :bounce: I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does at the upcoming WC playoff :D

Amalgamate Dec 13th, 2010 12:44 AM

In the midst of all of the congraulatory posts, someone posted this on Lauren's FB wall...

Quote:

Barry Paul Mezey: Hey Lauren,

I wanted to come by and say thanks for the add and say congrats on todays win at Orange Bowl. You are truly an amazing person, tennis player and athlete. I'm friends and work with Gabe & Greg formerly of IMG and your coach Federicco Ricci. Federicco told me you are def going to college to play tennis so I also, wanted to say congrats on the scholarship. Lets keep in touch Lauren ok. I'm the owner/ presid
What? :scratch: Probably nothing, but it still caught my eye :lol:

simonsaystennis Dec 13th, 2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgamate (Post 18860091)
In the midst of all of the congraulatory posts, someone posted this on Lauren's FB wall...

What? :scratch: Probably nothing, but it still caught my eye :lol:

I saw this too! I congratulated her as well... you probably saw my post :lol:

The guy didn't type in very "natural-sounding" English. And I've never heard of the management company he posted. Could just be a spammer.

Amalgamate Dec 13th, 2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonsaystennis (Post 18860093)
I saw this too! I congratulated her as well... you probably saw my post :lol:

The guy didn't type in very "natural-sounding" English. And I've never heard of the management company he posted. Could just be a spammer.

:lol Weird! I probably did see your post! And yea, it did seem odd, the only reason I thought it was interesting was because of the Fredricco part.