TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   tipping (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1008)
-   -   FED Cup 2011, discussion, commitments etc. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=421192)

ma re Oct 3rd, 2010 12:22 PM

FED Cup 2011, discussion, commitments etc.

Would you play FED Cup next year and if so, for which country (can, but it doesen't have to be where you actually live)? I'd like to see how many people would be interested in the idea of a FED Cup, and how many countries would we even have playing. Depending on that, and on interest shown by potential players, we'll come up with some system by which this part of the game will be played. Feel free to give ideas, opinions and so on, or raise questions and suggest discussions.

If we play it, I'd play for Croatia.

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 12:41 PM

Re: FED Cup 2011, discussion, commitments etc.

i love the idea of fed cup, i think it is a great idea, and i agree you dont have to play for the country that you live in, this way tipping players that are the only player playing in their country would probably have to miss out and therefore, they should be able to play for any country which they wish to. The only problem i have, will we be tipping the real fed cup matches ?? In this case, we would really need to think on how many countries we can have... a draw would have to be made... say if croatia faces ukraine.... both teams tip world group 1 matches on the tie USA vs. Italy for example... the winner moves onto the next round... i think this system would work :)

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 12:43 PM

^^ Oh btw, 4 players max per country, this way we will have more countries participating :)... first come first served i think will be the solution !!

Hele. Oct 3rd, 2010 12:44 PM

I have idea about Fed Cup. First players would sign for which country they would play. Every country can have maximum 4 players. But just scores of two best players would be counted for the country result. In first round of fed cup 8 best countries would qualify to play fed cup quarterfinals. In quarterfinals best 4 teams would qualify for semifinals, etc. But player can't change country later during year (he just can play for country he played in first round). And of course, for example if we play quarterfinals in tipping all fed cup quarterfinals matches (singles rubbers) are on offer to play.

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 12:49 PM

yes, i share some of my views with Helena :) 8 teams x four people= 32 tipping players, i think this is possible. We could have subsitutes as well in case people forget to tip...

Hele. Oct 3rd, 2010 12:52 PM

Yes, but in my version just scores of 2 best players of each country would be counted for final scoreline of each country. So, that means that some country can play with 2 or 3 players (because there will not be many countries with 4 players I think). In a case of tie we can have one tie break match (idea of third player can be better but some countries maybe will not have it and even if they have it, there also can be tie).

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 12:56 PM

hmmmm.... i suppose that way is the best way actually beacause one country might have only 2 players where another country will have 4, and that'd be unfair so yes, i think it would have to be minimum number of players for country 2 and max... 4 ????

Hele. Oct 3rd, 2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-hay-igual (Post 18611617)
hmmmm.... i suppose that way is the best way actually beacause one country might have only 2 players where another country will have 4, and that'd be unfair so yes, i think it would have to be minimum number of players for country 2 and max... 4 ????

Minimum number of players = 2
Maximum number of players = 4

But for final scoreline of each team will be calculated results of two best players. :yeah: The most fair solution I think. :shrug:

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisfan_77 (Post 18611634)
Minimum number of players = 2
Maximum number of players = 4

But for final scoreline of each team will be calculated results of two best players. :yeah: The most fair solution I think. :shrug:

agreed :bounce:

ma re Oct 3rd, 2010 01:44 PM

Some good points have already been made (you guys are fast...or reeeeaaaaly bored today:lol:). I think we should all specify for which countries we'd like to play, so that we can see how many countries would there even be, or if people would even be interested to play FC (if only a few players apply or if we'd only have 2-3 countries, that wouldn't be much fun).

My suggestion is to allow as many players for any given country, but to (based on how many players/countries we have) allow teams to choose their players for each round of FC (they could pick those who recently had good results or something...). So that would mean, for example, tennisfan_77 and myself playing for Croatia in the first round, then * mladen * and volume3d in the next, something like that.

I also think that if two players from different countries want to play, but they're the only players for their respective countries, they could team up and play for one of their countries, or for some completely different country (for instance, if WhoAmI? and Broseghini want to play, they can play for either Estonia or Brazil, or for some country that is not represented in tipping).

Also, I think we should only play World Group 1, no play-offs or anything like that, the best four teams (regardless of how many teams we have) go to the semis, and the best two battle it out for the winner.

R1 is scheduled for early February, so we have more than enough time to figure everything out.

no-hay-igual Oct 3rd, 2010 08:25 PM

i hope we have a lot of players, i could beg people through PM if you like ?? :P :P Also, another point, when you say best 4 teams through to semis regardless how many entries we have, i dont think all the other countries should get knocked out all at once if you understand me... different countries in different ties if you get me so in tipping croatia vs. china... they tip the italy vs. russia tie and then UK vs. France tip USA vs. ukraine tie... im sorry if im confusing you.... haha.

ma re Oct 4th, 2010 07:13 AM

^^ But that would require us to have the same number of teams as there are FC ties, if I understand you correctly. And in the oppening round of world group 1 there are just 4 ties, so what if we have like, 7 teams...:confused:

What I'm suggesting is that all the teams tipp all the matches, just like we do individually during tournaments, but for example only two players per team are allowed to play and their correct picks are summed up to form a score. Example: I get 2/5 right and tennisfan gets 4/5 right, and we have 6 points for that tie. After that first FC weekend, four teams with the most points from those 20 matches (we would tipp doubles matches too), get through to the semis of FC.

P. S. No need to beg people around, I'm sure enough of them will notice this thread until the time comes to play:lol: But if you know some of your compatriots who play tipping, you sure can mention them this thread so that they join the discussion.

WhoAmI? Oct 11th, 2010 10:25 AM

I just noticed this thread.

I like the idea of maximum 4, and minimum 2 players for one country.:)

I'd suggest that all of the players would tip all the singles matches (but no doubles) in WG 1 (and WG 2). And all those matches would give the same amount of points, e.g 1 point per each match.

Then of course we need to make sure that each country would have a chance to get the same amount of points. If only 2 players tips count, it would be unfair to the countries that have only 2 players, because they couldn't choose better tippers like countries with 4 players. Instead we could just sum the points and divide it by the amount of players.

ma re Oct 11th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoAmI? (Post 18649521)
I'd suggest that all of the players would tip all the singles matches (but no doubles) in WG 1 (and WG 2). And all those matches would give the same amount of points, e.g 1 point per each match.

Then of course we need to make sure that each country would have a chance to get the same amount of points. If only 2 players tips count, it would be unfair to the countries that have only 2 players, because they couldn't choose better tippers like countries with 4 players. Instead we could just sum the points and divide it by the amount of players.

I'm OK with playing just singles too, but don't see a problem with tipping the doubles matches either (maybe it would be more fun). I also don't have anything against playing both, WG1 and WG2, but that might be a bit too many matches for just two days (32 just in singles, 40 if we play the doubles too). But if people are for that idea, I won't object. Of course, unlike in the real FC, we probably won't have nearly enough countries playing to do relegations and play the play-off's.

I see your point about some countries not being able to choose their players, which might be an issue. But I guess it's similar to the real FC where teams can both choose their players, but some countries choose between several top50 players, and some don't have anyone inside top200 - hardly the same kind of choice. I also wasn't suggesting that countries pick among it's players who tipped the best after they play (if that's what you think), but that they choose players before the FC weekend. Still, if many people think that it wouldn't be fair that way, I like your idea of dividing the sum of points.

ma re Nov 21st, 2010 07:45 AM

OK people, so anyone wants to sign-up, so that we see how many countries and players we might have (to sign-up, just say for which country you'd like to play, like I did a few posts ago)?