TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Europe (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1546)
-   -   Republic of Kosovo Tennis! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=419300)

Mr.Sharapova Sep 6th, 2010 12:05 PM

Republic of Kosovo Tennis!

The history of tennis has its roots in Kosovo after the First World War. In those times, the British, who were exploring Trepca mine, built the first tennis ground in Kosovo. This field exists even today as evidence of the time, but is covered with mud and grass.

While the Kosovars for the first time began to play tennis, in Prishtina. Some young enthusiasts started playing tennis even though there was no genuine grounds of tennis, no coaches, there was no proper equipment. But they started to play the sport which was so famous in Europe and in the World . In such difficult conditions, with terrain improvised tennis, tennis interest, like sport, surprisingly, increased steadily. At that time there were clubs formed all around Kosovo, as in Peja, Prishtina, Prizren etc.

Tennis Federation of Kosovo was formed in Peja, in October 1996. Today in Kosovo have seven licensed coaches internationally in 2002 by PTR (Professional Tennis Registry). Tennis Federation of Kosovo because of the circumstances known historical-political has yet to be a member of the European Asosiacionit tennis (ETA) and as of that world (ITF). . This has made the quality level of tennis and the relevant infrastructure to be low . Kosovo tennis players today have no part in tours of ETA and ITF officials. However, they have participated in several national and regional tournament tennis,in the neighboring countries.
Kosovo is the youngest country in the world and has the youngest population in Europe. We expect that Kosovo will soon become the 50th member of the European family of tennis and a member of the ITF's. Priority of my country is to build new tennis grounds, and the licensing of trainers, judges and training of management staff.

Petkorazzi Sep 6th, 2010 04:35 PM

Re: Republic of Kosovo Tennis!

:rolleyes:

Joana Sep 14th, 2010 12:50 PM

Why don't you tell us something about tennis in Kosovo then.
And while you're at it, who do you prefer, Adelina Ismajli or Leonora Jakupi?

Mr.Sharapova Sep 14th, 2010 01:29 PM

Clubs:

1.K.T. Prishtina - Prishtinė
The club was founded on the 27 June 1992. Is the oldest club in Kosovo. It has many players who are ranked pretty high in the Kosovo rankings list,it has its own tennis school and many coaches. The club consists of 230 members, 55% of which are females.
Courts: 4 (Hard)

With Roof: None

Players
Juniors: 120

Seniors and females: 70

Veterans : 20

Internacional: 20-30

Mob.044/182219
Mob. 044/ 123 647
Tel/Fax 038 512 888
E-mail: kostennis@yahoo.com

2.K.T. Trepca Mitrovicė
The club was founded on 15.08.2003. The founders are: Burim Citaku, Labinot Rexha dhe Arbnor Gjaka.

The club has its own tennis school which consists of 47 students.

3.K.T. Drenica - Skenderaj
The club consists 50 players from the age 6-30 years old.

These are the top 3 clubs in Kosovo!

Mr.Sharapova Sep 14th, 2010 01:35 PM

Kosovo Tennis tourneys !
Here are some of the most famous and with the highest participation tourneys in Kosovo.
"Sporek Open"

"Prizren Open"

"Dielli Open

"Trepca Open"

"Drenica Open"

"Prishtina Open"

"Masters"

Mr.Sharapova Sep 14th, 2010 01:37 PM

For more Information click this link:

http://tenniskosova.com/index.php?gjuha=0

Boreas Sep 14th, 2010 01:39 PM

Lovely - who's their best player?:happy:

Mr.Sharapova Sep 14th, 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquilo (Post 18518904)
Lovely - who's their best player?:happy:

You can check the rankings list in the official website which I posted!

Joana Sep 14th, 2010 02:13 PM

I didn't know they don't participate in ETA tournaments. Are some players considering representing Albania so that they could have a chance to play?

Are people in Kosovo interested in pro tennis? Does your media report on ATP and WTA tournaments?

Mr.Sharapova Sep 14th, 2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joana (Post 18519136)
I didn't know they don't participate in ETA tournaments. Are some players considering representing Albania so that they could have a chance to play?

Are people in Kosovo interested in pro tennis? Does your media report on ATP and WTA tournaments?

No at the moment none of the Kosovar players are representing Albania.As far as I know of course!

And yeah people in Kosovo are really interested in Tennis.I live in Peja and there are two clay courts near my house.And all day they are filled with people who want to play!And of course they watch a lot of Tennis!:)

Tournaments that are shown from the Media in Kosovo are:
1.Wimbledon(Full coverage from KTV)
2.French Open(SuperSport)
3.Toronto/Cincinnati Masters (Supersport 1,2)
4.WTA Championships Doha (Supersport 3)

These are tournaments that are shown from the local TV-s.Of course we also have EuroSport which covers all the other Tennis tournaments!

Just Do It Sep 23rd, 2010 01:19 PM

Are Jelena and Ana popular there ? :inlove:

Mr.Sharapova Sep 23rd, 2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Do It (Post 18561242)
Are Jelena and Ana popular there ? :inlove:

Jelena not a bit!

Ana a little:angel:

Mr.Sharapova Nov 16th, 2010 09:22 AM

So the season of Tennis in my city is officially over.

Had a great year,can't wait for the next one.

Joana Nov 23rd, 2010 12:08 AM

Can we spam this thread with random questions about Kosovo?

Just Do It Nov 23rd, 2010 12:22 AM

^ :sobbing: My thought exactly. I am curious how people live there and kinda shocked a person from Kosovo is posting here. I thought only Hashim Tachi can afford internet at Kosovo ?