TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Dementieva's Gardens of Edem (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Elena Dementieva Fans Club vol.7 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=418718)

Rix643 Aug 31st, 2010 04:15 AM

Elena Dementieva Fans Club vol.7

We crossed post 5000 in vol 6.

(Slow mods.....)

Part 7 is here!!!!!! :D

hellas719 Aug 31st, 2010 04:30 AM

Re: The Elena Dementieva ONLY Fan Club vol.7

V7 :cool:

Pops Maellard Aug 31st, 2010 05:00 AM

Good victory to open proceedings. :cool:

Edinboro Aug 31st, 2010 05:45 AM

Woo Hoo! Volume 7!

Otlichno Aug 31st, 2010 06:40 AM

Yay! :cheer:

Slutati Aug 31st, 2010 08:02 AM

V7 for slam number 1 :cheer:

Melange Aug 31st, 2010 08:37 AM

Why dont you make her biggest thread inside her forum?

Rix643 Aug 31st, 2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakbelle (Post 18420555)

Tradition?
Because all other cheering threads are here? (except Lena the Younger's one, but there is still a generic thread herre)

:shrug:

Who cares, yuo've found it anyway... ;)

Melange Aug 31st, 2010 09:59 AM

Just seems odd because all her matches and discussion are combined into one jumbo thread and its not even in her forum.

ED fan forever Aug 31st, 2010 10:13 AM

I was lucky enough yesterday that I was able to see Lena's match on Court 11-there was no commentary which was kind of nice for a change.
Lena played well, especially off the ground. She made very few unforced errors and kept her emotions in check. Very rare that she doesn't get broken in a match and she didn't even face a break point until the last game. Her new serve isn't great although she did manage 2 consecutive aces in the 2nd set. In general though, its not a nice looking shot and as is always the case, prone to breaking down under pressure.
Next match vs Bammer should be relatively straightforward. Sybille isn't the same kind of threat that she was back in 2007, and Lena was in a slump back then. Quite likely she'll be put out on an outside court again for that but should she progress to face Daniela, surely that'll be on one of the 3 main courts.

Melange Aug 31st, 2010 10:25 AM

I like the matches with no commentary. Usually the commentators dont have much that is interesting to say and just distract from the match. As you said, her serve does not look smooth. I doubt any coach would advise a player to serve like that.

Alenyaa Aug 31st, 2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ED to win a slam (Post 18420799)
I was lucky enough yesterday that I was able to see Lena's match on Court 11-there was no commentary which was kind of nice for a change.
Lena played well, especially off the ground. She made very few unforced errors and kept her emotions in check. Very rare that she doesn't get broken in a match and she didn't even face a break point until the last game. Her new serve isn't great although she did manage 2 consecutive aces in the 2nd set. In general though, its not a nice looking shot and as is always the case, prone to breaking down under pressure.
Next match vs Bammer should be relatively straightforward. Sybille isn't the same kind of threat that she was back in 2007, and Lena was in a slump back then. Quite likely she'll be put out on an outside court again for that but should she progress to face Daniela, surely that'll be on one of the 3 main courts.

Have to agree there apart from the service.
I think it looks pretty good actually and she can definitely do damage with it, more so than she did with the previous motion imo.

miffedmax Aug 31st, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakbelle (Post 18420555)

Because, like Lena, we are stubborn and do things our own way, whether it makes sense or not.:p

Rix643 Aug 31st, 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakbelle (Post 18420766)
Just seems odd because all her matches and discussion are combined into one jumbo thread and its not even in her forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffedmax (Post 18420969)
Because, like Lena, we are stubborn and do things our own way, whether it makes sense or not.:p

Lena fans ARE odd.

Pops Maellard Aug 31st, 2010 11:48 AM

Because of this thread I never post in Elena's actual subforum. :lol: This is a cheering, discussion, articles thread all in one.